• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno. He's a serviceable enough player with another years term.

But they're not getting anything big in return for him.

I think you're right Gravy!!! If you think about it, most of the Rangers are 3rd and 4th line players. What could we possibly get for these guys?

The players like Kreider, Zibby, and maybe Skjei because of his possible potential may draw something better, but I'm not holding out any hope for guys like Fast and Namestnikov to bring us back anything worth writing home about. Hell even Zucc isn't gonna bring home too much more than a 3rd rounder or a prospect, I don't think anyway.

This team better start tanking ....and that quite soon!!!!!

I wonder if they're listening to offers for Kreider.

He could potentially bring back a massive haul from the right buyer. I wouldn't be against it if the price is right.

For some reason I think this is a Kreider vs Hayes long term discussion, as I find it hard to believe they would trade both and I also don't think they would keep both. I think it is a tough decision, but if I'm choosing between Hayes or Kreider long term right now, I'm choosing Hayes...and I never thought I'd say that. On top of that, when you factor in you will get substantially more for Kreider than Hayes right now since Kreider is locked up for next year at a great rate, it becomes almost a no brainer. Trading Kreider might rock the boat for Rangers fans even more than the McDonagh trade though, so Gorton has to be willing to show some balls to do that.

Pittsburgh trades Brassard and Sheahan with 2019 2nd round pick (PIT), 2019 4th round pick (PIT), 2019 4th round pick (MIN) to Florida for Bjugstad and McCann

I noticed on the ticker and am still trying to wrap my head around.

https://fansided.com/2019/02/01/nhl-trade-grade-derick-brassard-trade-works-penguins-panthers/

Given the recent history of the franchises, it's easier for me to see how this helps the Penguins franchise. Will be more interested with what Florida does (do they keep the vets for a playoff push? Or will they be moved before the trading deadline for other assets?) Draft picks help a rebuild and acquire talent (sound familiar?)

There is an entire thread on it. Pierre McGuire

Oh well. I stick by, they don't need him. Unless they move him to LW or the third line, making him light years less effective, as we've seen.

Like they didn't need Nash last year. But Boston gonna Boston.

Oh well. I stick by, they don't need him. Unless they move him to LW or the third line, making him light years less effective, as we've seen.

Like they didn't need Nash last year. But Boston gonna Boston.

I agree. Although I like Hayes, we have enough guys skates to be potential 2Cs making it hard to justify paying a guy 6-7m for, well, essentially, what he’s done this [half] season.

Stay out of the danger zone. $4m-7m. We don’t need more overpaid middle 6 players!

I’m a little behind here on the board, so what’s the consensus for Ranger trades here? What’s everyone want, looking to trade, returns, etc ... ? From what I’ve seen on Twitter, it seems like the internet GM’s want to trade Hayes, Kreider, Zuc, Buch, Zibs, and the entire D corps. That would leave us with Chytil and Hank, and 3-4 1st rd picks probably #25 and higher outside of our own. See you in 4 years. Oh, almost forgot ... Panarin. I’m sure he’ll love playing with 15 stiffs.

I’m a little behind here on the board, so what’s the consensus for Ranger trades here? What’s everyone want, looking to trade, returns, etc ... ? From what I’ve seen on Twitter, it seems like the internet GM’s want to trade Hayes, Kreider, Zuc, Buch, Zibs, and the entire D corps. That would leave us with Chytil and Hank, and 3-4 1st rd picks probably #25 and higher outside of our own. See you in 4 years. Oh, almost forgot ... Panarin. I’m sure he’ll love playing with 15 stiffs.

I doubt you'll find much of a consensus outside of the obvious UFA-to-bes. McQuaid, Zucc, Hayes. Probably see if there's a market for Namestnikov. See if someone blows your doors off for Kreider.

I think the obvious two are Zucc and Hayes.

Everyone else is a maybe I guess. It would surprise me if Kreider got moved.

I'd say

Definitely trade:

Hayes - 1st, very good prospect

Zucc - 2nd, decent prospect. A 1st if we're lucky.

McQuaid - 3rd

Maybe trade:

Kreider - He's the only piece they have that could potentially bring back a great return. Either a high end prospect or a very good, young NHL player. If the deal is there I'd take it. But not unless the return is really good.

Do not trade:

Zibanejad - He's really coming into his own and his contract and age means he'll be a central piece in the rebuild. I mean, every player has their price, but it would have to be a crazy return for me to go for it.

Buch - He has value when used correctly. And he can be resigned at a very good price whilst providing said value. I don't think they should be looking to move him at all.

Would obviously move guys like Smith and Vesey, Shattenkirk etc if there are takers.

I'd say

Definitely trade:

Hayes - 1st, very good prospect

Zucc - 2nd, decent prospect. A 1st if we're lucky.

McQuaid - 3rd

Maybe trade:

Kreider - He's the only piece they have that could potentially bring back a great return. Either a high end prospect or a very good, young NHL player. If the deal is there I'd take it. But not unless the return is really good.

Do not trade:

Zibanejad - He's really coming into his own and his contract and age means he'll be a central piece in the rebuild. I mean, every player has their price, but it would have to be a crazy return for me to go for it.

Buch - He has value when used correctly. And he can be resigned at a very good price whilst providing said value. I don't think they should be looking to move him at all.

Would obviously move guys like Smith and Vesey, Shattenkirk etc if there are takers.

Pretty much agree with this. I'm not sold on Buch though. I'd put him in the maybe category too. Too much fluctuation on when he appears engaged and not engaged.

Archived