• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

What else do they need? Defensive D? Throw in Staal at 50% retained.

I mean 2/3 of a second line pushes everyone down and all of a sudden that third line one of the better ones in the league with their new assignments.

In addition to better forward depth they need goaltending and D.

They’re letting in more goals than anyone currently in a playoff position. Significantly more in most cases. They’ve only let in 7 fewer than the Rangers ffs.

This team isn’t ready for a run yet. IMO of course.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In addition to better forward depth they need goaltending and D.

They?re letting in more goals than anyone currently in a playoff position. Significantly more in most cases. They?ve only let in 7 fewer than the Rangers ffs.

This team isn?t ready for a run yet. IMO of course.

Oh so Lundy, too? Nice.

But with Hayes it also comes back to whether or not they think he could be a piece for the future - its not like he's 35 and trying to make 1 more Cup run. You can trade a first for a C you know is good, or draft one you hope is good.

I'd rather have Hayes for 3-4 years as a contender than just hope that Jost/Bowers turns into a legit 2c.

I don’t disagree with that, merely saying this is not the time for them to flip their future for a run at the cup.

Boston does not excite me as a trade partner.

While no one could have foreseen Nash's concussion, wonder if the Bruins might be reluctant to make a big deal with NYR. They did the McQuaid thing, but Hayes would be a more Nash-like big move. Charlie McEvoy? In the grand karma scheme even with Nash, they owe us for the Rick Middleton f up.

They do look alike.

Guy will be 23 soon. And having issues cracking the nhl on a regular basis. Is there something I’m missing, or are we continuing to target 3rd liners with 2nd line upside?

I’m all for targeting better prospects but Boston doesn’t really have anything and other teams probably aren’t trading top flight prospects for a rental. Could be wrong but most teams /people value those type of prospects you pine for more than two months of the kind of player you don’t want.

While no one could have foreseen Nash's concussion, wonder if the Bruins might be reluctant to make a big deal with NYR. They did the McQuaid thing, but Hayes would be a more Nash-like big move. Charlie McEvoy? In the grand karma scheme even with Nash, they owe us for the Rick Middleton f up.

They?re not trading McAvoy for Hayes. No chance.

Getting Donato and a 1st is the definition of ?meh?. Not completely awful but certainly not great either. It might be the best you can get out of Boston though.

With Toronto needing a D man, why wouldnt they be in the market for Staal? Also, wouldnt that be the one destination that Staal would consider waiving his NTC? Lets get some Staal to Toronto rumors going.

cap.

If they are getting a Petro or Pesce, they'd trade a D prospect and Brown/Kapanen/similar, but they cant give that up for Staal.

Unless we take Zaitsev...

With Toronto needing a D man, why wouldnt they be in the market for Staal? Also, wouldnt that be the one destination that Staal would consider waiving his NTC? Lets get some Staal to Toronto rumors going.

I mean, they might, but I doubt it. He can't keep up with that team or make the first pass required to play for Mike Babcock effectively. I also doubt he sneaks past Dubas' analytically-aligned radar. Not when objectively better options exist in Gudas or Muzzin.

I mean, they might, but I doubt it. He can't keep up with that team or make the first pass required to play for Mike Babcock effectively. I also doubt he sneaks past Dubas' analytically-aligned radar. Not when objectively better options exist in Gudas or Muzzin.

Might be a good time to see what Pionk is worth ;)

Archived