• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder what we could get for Zuc AND Hayes in one trade to Colorado. They have about 7 mil in cap space and those two together would equal $9.675 mil so we'd have to take salary back/retain some cap on them.

I'm terrible at coming up with trades but maybe we could get Makar and/or Jost and a pick?

Colorado has butt loads of cap space for rentals.

Makar is an elite d prospect.

I’m pretty sure we’d have to do much better than that to get anywhere near him unfortunately.

well my thought with inquiring about him is that, they have Ottawa's pick this year, so they could probably afford to lose a top prospect since they'll add to the cupboards again in June. But you're probably right

Fine. I would have extended him this offseason for this exact reason.

I think a lot of what happens with Hayes hinges on Matt Duchene.

If Duchene is available, Hayes is the consolation prize. Else, I think Hayes gets a kings ransom for us and for his wallet come 7/1.

We're so fucking lost without him. It's almost comical. He's good enough to be a strong 2c on a contending team.

Also - lots of talk about Colorado here - and rightfully so. We could off an entire lines worth of depth to them if they so desired it.

yeah I don't think we could get that pick, just that they would potentially be more willing to part with a top prospect because they own it.

There's a timelining element to that too. Cale Makar might be the best U21 not currently in the NHL. If he's committed to college time, Colorado might be more willing to trade him. We should also be interested in players like Connor Timmins and Martin Kaut.

I think a lot of what happens with Hayes hinges on Matt Duchene.

If Duchene is available, Hayes is the consolation prize. Else, I think Hayes gets a kings ransom for us and for his wallet come 7/1.

We're so fucking lost without him. It's almost comical. He's good enough to be a strong 2c on a contending team.

Also - lots of talk about Colorado here - and rightfully so. We could off an entire lines worth of depth to them if they so desired it.

And get back all the right pieces to work with in the process.

Namestnikov, Hayes, and Fast for Timmins, Kaut, and Colorado's first this year.

Colorado might have a decision to make, because at the time of writing they're 1 point away from missing the playoffs.

Imo that doesn't sound like a team that should be thinking about flipping too many picks and prospects for rentals.

I agree. I can see them making a small push to get in, and get some experience. I dont see them trading off young, touted prospects or first round picks for a first round exit.

Colorado might have a decision to make, because at the time of writing they're 1 point away from missing the playoffs.

Imo that doesn't sound like a team that should be thinking about flipping too many picks and prospects for rentals.

The whole point is that adding talent makes them a lot better than 1 point away from missing the playoffs, and gives them the chance to compete with WPG and Nash.

Add Hayes at C and another winger, on the second line, and they're a lot closer to the top of the central than they are missing the playoffs.

The whole point is that adding talent makes them a lot better than 1 point away from missing the playoffs, and gives them the chance to compete with WPG and Nash.

Add Hayes at C and another winger, on the second line, and they're a lot closer to the top of the central than they are missing the playoffs.

Well I disagree. They need a lot more than Hayes and a winger to have a realistic shot in my opinion. As far as I’m concerned it would make a lot more sense for them to be patient and keep building. Their core is young and their time will come if they do it right, but I don’t think their time is now.

Well I disagree. They need a lot more than Hayes and a winger to have a realistic shot in my opinion. As far as I’m concerned it would make a lot more sense for them to be patient and keep building. Their core is young and their time will come if they do it right, but I don’t think their time is now.

a decent playoff run would really help their core be more ready for their 'time'

What else do they need? Defensive D? Throw in Staal at 50% retained.

I mean 2/3 of a second line pushes everyone down and all of a sudden that third line one of the better ones in the league with their new assignments.

I guess.

My initial point was there?s no sense flipping off firsts and top prospects at this point.

It seems premature for that team.

But with Hayes it also comes back to whether or not they think he could be a piece for the future - its not like he's 35 and trying to make 1 more Cup run. You can trade a first for a C you know is good, or draft one you hope is good.

I'd rather have Hayes for 3-4 years as a contender than just hope that Jost/Bowers turns into a legit 2c.

The rangers won’t get a top 2 pick. I haven’t researched many guys after that.

They’ll finish between 6-11. And they’d probably pick the same guy whether they have the 6th pick or the 15th pick.

exactly why they need to trade up. no one in this organization is off limits as far as im concerned besides Kravtsov and Miller for the right deal.

exactly why they need to trade up. no one in this organization is off limits as far as im concerned besides Kravtsov and Miller for the right deal.

I think it's almost a 0 chance that any team will be able to trade into the top 2 (or 3, depending on what you think of whoever you rank #3).

A team drafting #1/2 overall is in the same boat as the Rangers. Why would they move down for a lesser prospect or two? It's not like you can trade Chytil or Lias and #7 for #2, and the vets are useless to a rebuilder.

Archived