• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

Possibly. I'm not entirely convinced those guys are of the required quality for a team looking to make a run for the cup.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with giving a guy like Smith minutes in the 3rd period of a decisive playoff game.

But you could be right that they would be different players in a better setup.

In my mind he's a third pair guy on a good team and usually the third pair isn't out protecting a lead with a minute to go... Unless AV.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This franchise is way more than 1 or 2 seasons away from being a contender. This team is a fucking mess! These players all need to be replaced, maybe with only 3 or 4 nucleus players as an exception.

On top of that:

Take Ruff the hell outta here please...The guy is like "Mush" from the Bronx tale!

Sather needs to get chopped out too...he's another one that's over stayed his welcome.

Hayes and Krieder for Ottawa's first and a prospect.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Colorado owns Ottawa's 1st round pick.

They may get SJ's 1st round pick, but that pick would be in the mid/late 20s.

So you want to trade Hayes/Kreider for a late 1st/Prospect?

I think the Rangers would be able to get that for one of them and not from Ottawa.

Also, isnt Ottawa rebuilding too, so why would they want a possible rental, and another guy that they will have to sign after next season that they might not be able to?

There has been a lot in the news lately, so allow me to relate this to a few political themes...

#Dreamers - the delusional Rangers fan who still thinks we have a shot at the Cup this year. ("Put the crack pipe down!")

#BuildTheWall - precisely what Gorton needs to do, build a defensive wall along our blue line with some capable players.

#BlueWave - not exactly an accurate description of our offense anymore now that Nash, Miller, Grabs, et. al. are gone. There was a time...

#Resign - Sather and Ruff need to do what's right for Rangers-land.

#BorderCrisis - we're bordering on a crisis of faith as Rangers fans. Not to worry, this ship will float again someday.

#RaisingTheRate - Don't give Dolan any more ideas.

#Meuller - without my glasses on I thought I typed 'Miller.' I miss that guy but realize that he's not exactly the savior our team needs.

#CatchandRelease - I wish Henrik would catch a few of those soft goals in his mit and toss the puck to Staal to keep play alive.

#FBI - Fucking Bullshit In here - my feelings in the Garden these days. Way too quiet. It's 180-degrees opposite the sound in Vegas.

#ICE - ice. Just a hockey word that works in this ridiculous list.

:lol:

Colorado owns Ottawa's 1st round pick.

They may get SJ's 1st round pick, but that pick would be in the mid/late 20s.

So you want to trade Hayes/Kreider for a late 1st/Prospect?

I think the Rangers would be able to get that for one of them and not from Ottawa.

Also, isnt Ottawa rebuilding too, so why would they want a possible rental, and another guy that they will have to sign after next season that they might not be able to?

He means trade them to Colorado for Ottawa's first.

But that would be a ridiculous decision by Colorado. Their time isn't now, and acquiring Hayes and Kreider doesn't change that. Their window will be open for a long time. Ottawa's pick has a big chance of being in the top 3 at a minimum, and they will be able to acquire a player that will help them for years to come at no cost.

I would honestly question the mental well being of Joe Sakic if he traded that pick.

He means trade them to Colorado for Ottawa's first.

But that would be a ridiculous decision by Colorado. Their time isn't now, and acquiring Hayes and Kreider doesn't change that. Their window will be open for a long time. Ottawa's pick has a big chance of being in the top 3 at a minimum, and they will be able to acquire a player that will help them for years to come at no cost.

I would honestly question the mental well being of Joe Sakic if he traded that pick.

I don't think it's that cut and dry for the Aves at all. The pick could be #10 as easily as #1. And then they have to make a good pick. What are the chances the pick is Kreider AND Hayes in one? How long does it take for that pick to develop? They have arguably the best 1st line in the league. They are missing depth. Adding Hayes and Krieder, two high quality known comodities, would make them one of the toughest teams in the West to beat. I don't think its that crazy. If Taylor Hall can be traded for Adam Larson, an unknown draft pick can be traded for Hayes and Kreider.

This franchise is way more than 1 or 2 seasons away from being a contender. This team is a fucking mess! These players all need to be replaced, maybe with only 3 or 4 nucleus players as an exception.

On top of that:

Take Ruff the hell outta here please...The guy is like "Mush" from the Bronx tale!

Sather needs to get chopped out too...he's another one that's over stayed his welcome.

Agreed. I was under the train of thought this past off-season that we had enough in place that we could spin this quickly by next year, after signing someone like Panarin and a defenseman. We are so far away defensively, it makes less and less sense to do anything else other than tear it all completely down and bottom out.

Same. They don't have any use for him, though. Kreider is the same net-front player, and Simmonds belongs on a contender. Nashville makes a lot of sense.

I’d love to watch Simmonds in Nashville

Nashville is fun to watch, but I'd rather see another team come out of the West...and since we know all GMs read BSBH, NO HELPING NASHVILLE.

Calgary, Winnipeg, San Jose, Colorado, Minnesota, Edmonton... I like all 6 teams more than I like Nashville.

And we need a Calgary - Edmonton series some time in the next few years. We haven't seen a Battle of Alberta since 1991.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Alberta

Zuccs is trash this season. Think the team played better when he was out hurt. Looks like they waited 1 season too long in trading him.

I think they tried to move him last season and ran out of time. It’s too bad because I feel like he’s becoming a really negative influence.

I don't think it's that cut and dry for the Aves at all. The pick could be #10 as easily as #1. And then they have to make a good pick. What are the chances the pick is Kreider AND Hayes in one? How long does it take for that pick to develop? They have arguably the best 1st line in the league. They are missing depth. Adding Hayes and Krieder, two high quality known comodities, would make them one of the toughest teams in the West to beat. I don't think its that crazy. If Taylor Hall can be traded for Adam Larson, an unknown draft pick can be traded for Hayes and Kreider.

They lack depth in both forwards and D, and they lack the necessary goaltending. Hayes and Kreider certainly improves them, but not nearly enough. Hayes is a UFA and there are no guarantees he resigns. Are you really going to trade a potential top 3 pick for a good but not great winger and a rental in a season where all planets and stars would have to align to even get near the cup? Absolutely not. It would be insanity.

I live in the mountain west. I watch the Aves a lot. A winger on pace for 40 goals and a center on pace for 70 points absolutely makes them strong contenders to represent the west. Not only does it give them an actual second line that can score, it makes them harder for the opponent to match up against, improves their overall team D, Hayes most certainly improves their 27th ranked PK. Thay can have McQuaid for D depth too. They probably have a better shot at resigning Hayes than they do of drafting Jack Hughes, so the might as well trade for Kreider and Hayes instead of drafting Tyson Jost again.

Completely different set of circumstances. Plus he would still be keeping Colorado's 1st. We traded 1st round picks 4 years in a row!

Agreed it?s a different set of circumstances. What?s the same is though, is that both our pick and Ottawa?s are going to be top 3-5 chance at a top 3 pick. If Colorado ever gets their hand on Hughes, they have a scary team for years to come and with Hughes carting a elc for the first three in which they could then go out and get all the Kreisler and Hayes they need. In the cap era those top guys you refer are getting paid raantanen this summer, MacKinnon next summer. Hayes is a ufa and kreider is s year away. That trade doesn?t evelvate them ahead of Nashville, Calgary, or Winnipeg. No way he?s trading that pick for 2 months of Hayes and an extra year of kreider.

If you were Salic and willing to move that pick wouldn?t, panarin be a better move. How about benn or Seguin? That pick and Jost for Seguin? He?s signed for seven more years. MacKinnon and Seguin sounds better to me than Hayes and kreider.

I live in the mountain west. I watch the Aves a lot. A winger on pace for 40 goals and a center on pace for 70 points absolutely makes them strong contenders to represent the west. Not only does it give them an actual second line that can score, it makes them harder for the opponent to match up against, improves their overall team D, Hayes most certainly improves their 27th ranked PK. Thay can have McQuaid for D depth too. They probably have a better shot at resigning Hayes than they do of drafting Jack Hughes, so the might as well trade for Kreider and Hayes instead of drafting Tyson Jost again.

They’re not winning the cup this year in a month of Sundays, so trading a potential top 3 pick for a couple of ok players would be the mother of short termism in my humble opinion.

Hayes is the only "veteran" on this entire roster I'd possibly choose to hold onto (if he wants to stay). His value to a team could not have been spelled out better than this recent stretch they have had to play without him. It is ugly. Everyone can go, and I mean everyone. Zibanejad and Kreider included - both of whom would get back a great return.

Archived