• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and with two teams with a bunch of valuable assets in the East, no less. Ottawa and Philly just existing is really fucking this thing up. Duchene (Hayes), Stone (Zucc), even Kreider (Simmonds). There's an option for everyone.

Oleksiak doesn't have nearly the same cache McQuaid does — did? — does?

But, yeah, a third-rounder sounds about right.

I mean, McQuaid has played 2 more playoff games in the last 5 years, and Oleksiak played slightly more minutes last year in the same number of games last year. I'm not sure McQuaid playing third-pair minutes 7 years ago would up that value unless a team is in dire need of a righty.

I gotta say, after watching these guys over the last few weeks (barring a few lucky wins against teams that played poorly), and especially after last night; This team is an utter and complete shit-show.

They don't get the puck deep

Skate like they could give a fuck

Don't hit/finish checks for shit

Don't shoot the puck...and hardly ever hit net when they do

Suck at going to the net

Blow dog dick on break outs

Turn the puck over in the NZ constantly

Play like pussies as far as toughness goes

Christ, I can go on for days...but what I watched first hand last night looked like a fucking last place AHL team. Matter of fact, I think a beer league pick up team could've beaten both those squads last night.

I actually feel sorry for Quinn; I think he's got the right approach, and he's going to be one hell of a coach in this league.

But Jesus, THIS TEAM FUCKING BLOWS!!!

If any Rangers management watched last night's debacle, I hope they realize this team needs to unload pretty much everyone right now.

I wouldn’t worry about that. Everyone knows the deal. They’re 6 points from last, last in ROW. I predict another full scale send off to complete the tear down, Another draft with 3 1st rounders and then they’ll begin the healing process this summer - inserting players into the lineup that actually have a future with the team.

I gotta say, after watching these guys over the last few weeks (barring a few lucky wins against teams that played poorly), and especially after last night; This team is an utter and complete shit-show.

They don't get the puck deep

Skate like they could give a fuck

Don't hit/finish checks for shit

Don't shoot the puck...and hardly ever hit net when they do

Suck at going to the net

Blow dog dick on break outs

Turn the puck over in the NZ constantly

Play like pussies as far as toughness goes

Christ, I can go on for days...but what I watched first hand last night looked like a fucking last place AHL team. Matter of fact, I think a beer league pick up team could've beaten both those squads last night.

I actually feel sorry for Quinn; I think he's got the right approach, and he's going to be one hell of a coach in this league.

But Jesus, THIS TEAM FUCKING BLOWS!!!

If any Rangers management watched last night's debacle, I hope they realize this team needs to unload pretty much everyone right now.

Everything you mentioned being shitty fall under fundamentals. And regardless of the players, that falls directly on the coach. Every single one of those falls directly on the coach.

Even worse, he continues to play the gym class all stars that can ONLY do the things you mentioned... yet they still dont.

Everything you mentioned being shitty fall under fundamentals. And regardless of the players, that falls directly on the coach. Every single one of those falls directly on the coach.

Even worse, he continues to play the gym class all stars that can ONLY do the things you mentioned... yet they still dont.

I thought they dominated the flyers all game long, just couldn't score.

and how come Howden can do no wrong but Buch gets scratched?

I hear ya Josh, the only thing is that I actually hear Quinn speak about the things he wants to fix in the pressers and the team just cannot seem to grasp the task at hand. I watched closely last night and man, they're fucking horrible.

Horrible meaning that their awareness looks like shit! They just always seem to be in the wrong spots, or too late to cover an open player. I couldn't tell if they communicate well, but there's seemingly no verbal contact during a play. It's like a Library down there. This is mostly defensive coverage stuff. As far as offense goes, forget it.

They don't shoot when they get the chance.

Sure, some can argue we had 38 shots last night...I call Bullshit! Either they were counting by 2 or I missed a good game! Those "shots" they did have wouldn't hurt if they hit the goalie in the nuts with no cup.

I'll stick with Quinn though, dude. I like his style! Once they dump this version of "Laugh In" we'll be back headed in the right direction.

Rangers need NEED to get some picks. I'd love to see them package a player or 2 for an upgrade, but that's highly doubtful. For forwards, this is a buyers market. RHD might be a sellers market, and with a plethora of "enh" RHD, it might be a good chance to exploit a desperate team to overpay.

Likely to be traded: Hayes, Zuccarello, McQuaid

Rumored/Possibly traded: Kreider, Namestnikov, Buchnevich

Long-shot: Pionk, Fast

Boston Bruins:

What they Need: 2nd line forwards

Who the Rangers should target:

Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, C ? 22, drafted 2/45 - 2015 ? not a huge fan, but he played for Quinn in Boston. Guy has a good 2-way game, and probably a decent prospect to replace what Hayes is currently doing for the Rangers.

Carolina Hurricanes

What they Need: Centers, maybe a winger, Vet/playoff experience

Who the Rangers should target: NOT Dougie Hamilton. Not sure why his name continues to get mentioned. It would take moving Kreider or Zibanejad, here, meaning a longer re-build window ? so when the team is almost ready to play, his contract will be up.

Probably their pick. They have good luck with ping pong balls.

Adam Fox, D ? 20, drafted 3/66 ? 2016. The talented offensive defenseman currently destroying the NCAA.

Toronto Maple Leafs

What they Need: RHD

Who the Rangers should target: Zaitsev. Because you can demand a shit-ton back for taking that contract. I'd love Kapanen, would settle for Connor Brown, and would require Vladislav Kara, as well, along with a 1st, minimum.

Calgary Flames

What they Need: Forwards, secondary scoring

Who the Rangers should target: I don?t know. You tell me.

Colorado Avalanche

What they Need: 2C, depth scoring

Who the Rangers should target: Every fans favorite team to discuss TDL deals. Well, they aren?t trading their 1st round picks unless is a drastic overpayment. They aren?t trading their Timmins or Makar, either. Kaut? I?m thinking that?s a long-shot, too.

That leaves you with Tyson Jost, F ? 20, drafted 1/10 ? 2016. This guy has fallen out in Colorado. Been tried everywhere in the lineup but hasn?t been able to produce how they wanted. To me, he reminds me to Sam Reinhart when he first struggled when entering the league, who has blossomed into a PPG player this season. Buy low. Get a pick or 2, as well.

Nashville Predators

What they Need: Scoring

Who the Rangers should target: Tolvanen! ? aint happening.

Dante Fabbro? Also played under Quinn. While I don?t think the Rangers should be targeting defenseman, maybe?

Vegas Golden Knights

What they Need: Forwards, secondary scoring, depth forwards

I don?t see a big trade happening here, but I could see sending Namestnikov or Fast for a pick and rights to Russia Nikita Gusev. If you haven?t heard of him, look him up. Been crushing the KHL the last few years. 26-year-old wing, unsigned. Guy is right up there with Panarin as far as skill and has the ability to be a game changer.

Winnipeg Jets

What they Need: #2C, rentals, ditch cap

Kristian Vesalainen ? 19, drafted 1/24 ? 2017. Big power forward with skill. Couldn?t cut it in the NHL, hated the AHL and ran to the KHL for this season. The upside is there, but still a wild card. Winnipeg needs cheap forwards, and probably won?t let their top prospect go for a rental. For this one, Rangers would need to take back salary, most likely in the form of Kulikov, who has one season at $4.3m cap hit.

Jack Roslovic ? 22, drafted 1/25 ? 2015. I?m up and down on this guy. One shift he can be great, the next invisible, the next a detriment. With Vesalainen being a long shot, this might be the reasonable target.

Brendan Lemieux, W ? 22, drafted 2/31 ? 2014. It?s Claudes son. While not as talented, still fun to watch, brings energy, and some feistiness. RFA at seasons end and might be something they would include in a trade. I don?t think he should be the main piece, but coming back with a first and another prospect, I?d entertain it.

Though I like the thought, if Jost is Reinhart, I'm not taking him for Hayes. Reinhart is 100% the product of Eichel. He can't dictate play at all.

That's a good guy to have in your lineup, but the Rangers don't have an Eichel. I suppose you could put Jost with Zib/Kreider and that could be effective, but that's an awfully risky proposition in trading one of your best players.

Re: Calgary: Andrew Magiapane and Mathias Emilio Pettersen.

A guy I thought about. I can't tell if he's Tyler Johnson or Corey Locke. He needs to be put in a position to show his offense, or he's worthless. Under Quinn, I don't think he gets those opportunities. He'll rot in Hartford, putting up PPG in the A. Get called up twice a season to play 4 minutes with McLeod. If you get a 1st for Zucc, sure, add anyone.

Though I like the thought, if Jost is Reinhart, I'm not taking him for Hayes. Reinhart is 100% the product of Eichel. He can't dictate play at all.

That's a good guy to have in your lineup, but the Rangers don't have an Eichel. I suppose you could put Jost with Zib/Kreider and that could be effective, but that's an awfully risky proposition in trading one of your best players.

Hence the "buy low". He shouldnt be the best thing coming back in a trade for Colorado.

I listened to the BSB podcast and they said they have to separate sources saying the link with Colorado is about Namestnikov.

I'm not sure what kind of return they could be looking at for him, but I'd be surprised if it includes guys like Kaut.

Anything more than a 3rd round pick is a steal IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived