• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

The optics of flipping Andersson just look bad, just quickly admitting a whiff on a high end pick so quick.

Frankly I'm a bit surprised that a deal for Hayes doesn't happen sooner rather than closer to the deadline. wonder if the MSG phone lines are being burned up for him. Strength at the C is paramount in the playoffs, and there's more than one contender that can use him.

I don't think the need for Hayes vs. the ransom we want for him are really in line, personally, but I agree with Josh that there's no real benchmark set yet.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The optics of flipping Andersson just look bad, just quickly admitting a whiff on a high end pick so quick.

Frankly I'm a bit surprised that a deal for Hayes doesn't happen sooner rather than closer to the deadline. wonder if the MSG phone lines are being burned up for him. Strength at the C is paramount in the playoffs, and there's more than one contender that can use him.

Its not like anyone in the 2017 draft that was drafted out of the Top 2 + Elias Petersson has been lighting it up. Could maybe make the case the Rangers could have drafted Mittlestadt or Rasmussen instead. If Chytil was drafted at 7 and Andersson at 21 I think we'd be pretty happy. If he doesnt show improvement next season then it could start to be considered a whiff.

Teams waiting on Duchene to set the high, and probably someone like Brassard to set the low bar.

IDK. I'd swap that. Brassard is at least a playoff performer. Both are likely going to be wanted, but Hayes production is maybe a bigger selling point. I'd think he sets the bar. Weird. I know. I fucking hate him.

IDK. I'd swap that. Brassard is at least a playoff performer. Both are likely going to be wanted, but Hayes production is maybe a bigger selling point. I'd think he sets the bar. Weird. I know. I fucking hate him.

I don't think that's true anymore (not that I really agree it ever was anyways).

7 points and 3 goals in his last 25 playoff games.

I'd do something like Burakovsky + 2nd for Zucc.

I don't think he will bring back a top prospect if you are getting a 1st or 2nd round pick, too. But to get a fast, skilled change of scenery guy and a pick, sure. Plus I put Burakovsky a tier above Strome/Spooner

I'd do something like Burakovsky + 2nd for Zucc.

I don't think he will bring back a top prospect if you are getting a 1st or 2nd round pick, too. But to get a fast, skilled change of scenery guy and a pick, sure. Plus I put Burakovsky a tier above Strome/Spooner

I would do that too.

I would try to trade for Burakovsky regardless of if it's for Zucc or not.

Eh, he was a ~60-point player in the palyoffs and a 60-point player in the regular season. His run in 14-15 was good.
Being a playoff performer is as much about when you score as how much.

Even keeping p/G consistent in playoffs is more than what most other players do. Most times it drops.

4thPeriod has the Rangers "interested" in Dougie Hamilton, Tolvanen, Callahan, and Ceci.

I guess the rebuild will take closer to 15 seasons if they are looking at Hamilton or Ceci. FML

I'm like

http://theinsuranceauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/14263279578589-anigif_original-12833-1425329316-4.gif

Whats so bad with Hamiliton and Ceci? Young good D, dont see why getting any om them would harm the rebuild? Unless we give up young assets/picks ofc.

Callahan is obv is just as cap going back in case we do a trade with Tampa. Im all for Tolvanen

Well, it would get the Rangers much closer to Lafreni?re, that's for sure.

No sense getting Hamilton. That will cost Kreider or Zibanejad - setting the rebuild to a minimum of 3 seasons. By then, his contract will be expiring. So you spend out the ass, or you hope the kid thats been booted from every team he's ever played on ironically finds his place under the lights in NYC playing for a rebuilding team.

Ceci is awful.

Callahan we probably would get. Quinn would love him. But, why are we giving icetime to washed up players that can't play regular 4th line minutes instead of... kids that should be getting icetime during a rebuild?

Booted from every team? Who?s saying that? Boston traded him for a draft pick in a draft they were ?retooling? and stacking picks. Now he was involved in a blockbuster. Do you have any reports or anyting to back up that he?s been ?booted?? To me he looks like a guy who has been on the wrong teams at the wrong time and been traded for younger assets in a couple of trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

https://www.bardown.com/beat-writer-shares-one-of-the-final-straws-when-dougie-hamilton-was-traded-the-first-time-1.1122246

There have been some odd rumours going around since his trade from Calgary, for the most part they just suggest that he wasn’t a good fit in their locker room, or that trading him was a way to fix the team chemistry.

I know one of final straws w/Bruins was a team trip to Vegas after season ended where every player on team went. Except for Dougie & Reilly Smith and they were both gone that offseason. I wouldn't say he was a bad kid at all. Just a combination of too sensitive & too self-focused

— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) June 24, 2018

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/dougie-hamilton-trade-makes-clear-problems-persisted-calgary/

On paper, sure, Hamilton was a stud, with a league-leading 17 goals as a defenceman.

However, the reality is, Hamilton was the player the Flames most wanted to part with, as he was the poster boy for a squad that had far too many players who seemed all too content with the shocking number of losses that mounted down the stretch.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dougie-hamilton-was--uppity-kid--as-post-bruins-character-attacks-begin-152029311.html

As it was, the Hamilton deal didn’t look good — but may have had a secondary cause.

“It was surprising,” said one NHL assistant GM. “It’s obvious there’s something going on that we don’t know about. From what I’ve heard behind the scenes, his teammates don’t like him. I heard he’s a loner and sort of an uppity kid, and that his teammates don’t like him and it was unanimous.”

4thPeriod has the Rangers "interested" in Dougie Hamilton, Tolvanen, Callahan, and Ceci.

I guess the rebuild will take closer to 15 seasons if they are looking at Hamilton or Ceci. FML

I'm like

http://theinsuranceauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/14263279578589-anigif_original-12833-1425329316-4.gif

Yeah, hardest of passes on Ceci.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived