• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see the Hurricanes and Rangers being fantastic trade partners right now. Their defense is rock solid. They need talented forwards badly. Any one of Hayes, Zuccarello, Kreider would be perfect for them. They also need to start making the playoffs in the worst way.

They have 2 great prospects in Necas and Fox. Perhaps a larger package surrounding Kreider and Hayes or Zucc could get both. Kreider and Zuccarello for Necas, Fox, Ferland. Who does it?

I could see the Hurricanes and Rangers being fantastic trade partners right now. Their defense is rock solid. They need talented forwards badly. Any one of Hayes, Zuccarello, Kreider would be perfect for them. They also need to start making the playoffs in the worst way.

They have 2 great prospects in Necas and Fox. Perhaps a larger package surrounding Kreider and Hayes or Zucc could get both. Kreider and Zuccarello for Necas, Fox, Ferland. Who does it?

they're in the middle of a build. I don't think they're trading their young assets or picks for rentals.

I like the thought, but I don't think Carolina does that. I do agree that Carolina is a good trade partner, potentially, but I don't think they're exactly inspired to do anything major at the deadline, especially at that price. They're not good, and I'd be shocked if they considered themselves contenders...although there's not a huge gap between them and the top of the conference, so maybe they'd be buyers, but I think, even if that's the case, they'd be more likely to move one of their cap hits on D (Pesce, de Haan, Faulk, Hamilton).

It'd be interesting to know whether or not they think they can sign Fox, because his trade value is really hard to determine right now.

I also wonder what interest Carolina would have in Georgiev. Small sample but, based on this year, he's close to being ready as a #1, or at least a split guy, and their goaltending is terrible. That's more of a long-term move for them, but might influence whether or not they trade a prospect.

they're in the middle of a build. I don't think they're trading their young assets or picks for rentals.

They have been building forever. I think they are on the precupice of being an annual playoff contender, but they need some help to propel what they have. Continually waiting for prospects only gets you so far. Also, agreed that they wouldn't trade high end prospects for rentals, but Kreider isn't a rental.

I like the thought, but I don't think Carolina does that. I do agree that Carolina is a good trade partner, potentially, but I don't think they're exactly inspired to do anything major at the deadline, especially at that price. They're not good, and I'd be shocked if they considered themselves contenders...although there's not a huge gap between them and the top of the conference, so maybe they'd be buyers, but I think, even if that's the case, they'd be more likely to move one of their cap hits on D (Pesce, de Haan, Faulk, Hamilton).

It'd be interesting to know whether or not they think they can sign Fox, because his trade value is really hard to determine right now.

I also wonder what interest Carolina would have in Georgiev. Small sample but, based on this year, he's close to being ready as a #1, or at least a split guy, and their goaltending is terrible. That's more of a long-term move for them, but might influence whether or not they trade a prospect.

I know someone who said this days ago. LOL.

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

?

6m

Zuccarello, Hayes and McQuaid sitting out today for NYR.

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

But with a number of Rangers battling the flu, it was touch and go whether the team would be able to sit all three today. In any case, protect your ass-et time.

Source: https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-trade-tracker-2019-latest-001428093.html

February 22

The Boston Bruins have shown interest in Kevin Hayes, Artemi Panarin, Wayne Simmonds, Mark Stone, and Mats Zuccarello.

The Columbus Blue Jackets have shown interest in Matt Duchene and Kevin Hayes.

The Nashville Predators have shown interest in Matt Duchene, Wayne Simmonds, and Mats Zuccarello

The Winnipeg Jets have shown interest in Kevin Hayes, Artemi Panarin, Mark Stone and Mats Zuccarello.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have shown interest in Adam McQuaid, Vladislav Namestnikov. and Wayne Simmonds

Source: https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-trade-tracker-2019-latest-001428093.html

February 22

The Boston Bruins have shown interest in Kevin Hayes, Artemi Panarin, Wayne Simmonds, Mark Stone, and Mats Zuccarello.

The Columbus Blue Jackets have shown interest in Matt Duchene and Kevin Hayes.

The Nashville Predators have shown interest in Matt Duchene, Wayne Simmonds, and Mats Zuccarello

The Winnipeg Jets have shown interest in Kevin Hayes, Artemi Panarin, Mark Stone and Mats Zuccarello.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have shown interest in Adam McQuaid, Vladislav Namestnikov. and Wayne Simmonds

Names back to Tampa would be interesting. He had chemistry there and put up some good numbers. I wonder if they can flip him back for pieces they wanted from them last year.

Namestnikov seems like he'd be an awesome player in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised teams have more interest in him over Zucc.

The return is fine with me. What is interesting though is it’s jyst picks. The rangers have zero forward depth, already dressing 7 defenseman. Unless Hayes is getting traded for nhl players which is not going to be maximizing his value the rangers are going to be scary thin. I know who cares this year. However I’m not sure how this team is better next year. And as far as buying panarin or Karlsson, how does that make sense with so many holes to fill before your rolling out a mediocre nhl team no less a contending one? Also does hank ever tap out? Like he has a choice anyway.

The return is fine with me. What is interesting though is it’s jyst picks. The rangers have zero forward depth, already dressing 7 defenseman. Unless Hayes is getting traded for nhl players which is not going to be maximizing his value the rangers are going to be scary thin. I know who cares this year. However I’m not sure how this team is better next year. And as far as buying panarin or Karlsson, how does that make sense with so many holes to fill before your rolling out a mediocre nhl team no less a contending one? Also does hank ever tap out? Like he has a choice anyway.

We’ll have to wait and see what the plan is, I guess. Hank can do whatever he wants with his nmc, and last I remember hearing/reading, he wants to die here. I guess he can change his mind, but it doesn’t look like that’ll happen this year.

Archived