• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, was just listening to Eliotte Friedmans podcast, and he says the Penguins are really into Zucc. Could be an ok trading partner, I don't expect them to get far in the playoffs.

They could even miss out if we're really lucky.

Bluntly...for who? The cupboards pretty bare there, and based on where they're at, I have to imagine their 1st isn't in play.

I take their 1st and hope they miss, I guess?

Bluntly...for who? The cupboards pretty bare there, and based on where they're at, I have to imagine their 1st isn't in play.

Well if McKenzie, Friedman etc are correct the Rangers are expecting a 2nd and a prospect. And I'm not expecting that prospect to be more than a midlevel prospect. I'd ask for the Pens 1st for Zucc, and even if you can't get it their 2nd will be more valuable than, say, Nashville or Boston's. Maybe something like their 2nd + Bellerive?

Well if McKenzie, Friedman etc are correct the Rangers are expecting a 2nd and a prospect. And I'm not expecting that prospect to be more than a midlevel prospect. I'd ask for the Pens 1st for Zucc, and even if you can't get it their 2nd will be more valuable than, say, Nashville or Boston's. Maybe something like their 2nd + Bellerive?

Pens don't have a second-rounder to give in 2019 or 2020. They also don't have a third-rounder this year.

I could see the Pens offering a 1st and other teams offering a 2nd and a prospect. Just really comes down to the quality of the prospects.

I'm not sure the Pens have much I'd be interested in since they can't couple anyone with a 2nd-round pick.. Maybe a couple prospects...two of Bellerive, Almeida, Drozg, and Addison, and the Rangers send a pick back too?

I could see the Pens offering a 1st and other teams offering a 2nd and a prospect. Just really comes down to the quality of the prospects.

I'm not sure the Pens have much I'd be interested in since they can't couple anyone with a 2nd-round pick.. Maybe a couple prospects...two of Bellerive, Almeida, Drozg, and Addison, and the Rangers send a pick back too?

The Pens aren't giving up a first and then going into the draft without their own first, second, third, and fourth-rounders.

I forgot about that.

I’d take their 1st for Zuccarello I think. They would have to give it up to get Zucc considering they don’t have a 2nd.

You can probably do that by offering them a pick in return. Something like PIT's 1 for Zucc and NYR 3rd. This way they at least go into the draft with a selection in the top 93.

They're not going to easily settle on the idea of not making a pick until late in the fourth-round, though.

Zuc to tampa for a guarantee for their 1st and their 2nd rounders this year plus a prospect. Mostly just so we can see more former rangers win cups because I'm having a hard time seeing any other team win the cup this year. TB is just so good.

Taylor Raddysh.

Elliotte Friedman

Verified account

@FriedgeHNIC

Follow Follow @FriedgeHNIC

More Elliotte Friedman Retweeted Aaron Portzline

There is traction to this. Columbus and Ottawa working on a Duchene dealElliotte Friedman added,

Aaron Portzline

Verified account

@Aportzline

Word in Cleveland is that #CBJ prospect Vitaly Abramov was pulled off the ice during practice this morning and could be headed to Ottawa. #Sens @monstershockey

8:25 AM - 22 Feb 2019

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1098982158117425153

dominos falling

Must mean Panarin is off as well?

If you get a good piece back in a Panarin trade - say Huberdeau - you've effectively traded Panarin for Duchene and Huberdeau in your lineup. You can live with that. Plus, you're probably getting a prospect that's pretty close to the equivalent of the 2 you're trading.

Yeah, never mind. CBJ going for it as per LeBrun, Dreger.

LeBrun said that they're content unless a team steps up their offer. I don't think that means anything is set with Panarin. Offers can come way up between now and Monday. Florida should be particularly motivated if they're trying to sign him, so that they can get that 8th year.

Archived