• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're trying to sign him, so not really surprised.
I know. I'm just impatient. Stone should just make a goddamn decision so everyone else can get on with it. How much more genuine leverage can you gain grinding it down to the last minute - relative to all the other business that's gotta get done? This deadline ought to be subtitled, "Escape From Ottawa."

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They need to draft top end talent or trade for very young top end talent. Otherwise it’s just going to be 10 years of what we just went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, that might be true but they can't move Hank and Hank is the only reason they're not in dead last -- ROW as proof.

To say they're half-assing the rebuild though is false. They've traded almost everyone who has any value and have loaded up on picks. They've committed to tearing it down. Aside from putting the hartford wolfpack on the ice, there's not much else they can do.

They need to draft top end talent or trade for very young top end talent. Otherwise it’s just going to be 10 years of what we just went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah. Teams don’t take rebuilding lightly because it takes time and pain. Every team in the league wants young top end talent and they don’t give it away because the rangers need it too. Teams aren’t trading it for rentals either at least not what we are offering. You want a top prospect, well then it’s kreider who goes. Want more than one than it’s Zibanejad. It takes years because it takes that long to draft it and develop it. They will try to augment the rebuild with signings and trades but contending is going to require drafting and devolving. They were already behind the eight ball because the cupboard was left so bare. Three years was never realistic.

Ottawa is going to suck for a long long time.

They got a shit ton of picks in the next 3 drafts

:tweet: @brianlawton9

Considering the @Senators still have Mark Stone on their roster the picks are already starting to pile up. 5 firsts, 7 2nds, , & 4 3rds over next 3 drafts top 3 rnds. Good time to bolster the scouting staff! Should be fun to watch this play out! @NHLNetwork

So are the Rangers, who, as of right now, have five picks in the first three rounds this year. Plus what comes for McQuaid (third), Hayes (first), and Namestnikov (second).

Two are on expiring UFA contracts, Namestnikov will have next year before he is a UFA so we need to get what value we can in order to gain draft stock. It all depends on the draft itself

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

Take a look at all the recent trades: NJD, ANA, OTT got at least one placement player and a pick. They got real value for their trades

What did we get: Two picks and DAL will not resign Zucc one his contract expires. Gorton got hosed.

Njd got Carrick a proven ahl defenseman nothing you want in a rebuild, Anaheim made a hockey trade by dealing montaur, he is not a ufa, Ottawa got Duclair in the Dzingel trade and picks, again who wants Duclair as part of your rebuild? Duchene was the top player in the board so obviously he brings back the best return.

The rangers took the best deal they could get. Would people be happier with just losing him for nothing after this busted season ends. Those useless picks we just got can also bring back a decent player in a trade at the draft. Remember what we got for hagelin four years ago? We have to let the rebuild play out. You have to judge it by year. They are still tearing it down, so they really haven’t got past step 1 yet

no matter what, people are going to bitch. People bitched about JT Miller who Tampa is now actively trying to shop. They bitched about the return for Nash who is now retired. Bitched about Stephan and raanta. It’s never ending. I’d rather get a 2nd and 3rd than a 2nd and some career AHLer but it’s not as sexy when there’s no name attached.

no matter what, people are going to bitch. People bitched about JT Miller who Tampa is now actively trying to shop. They bitched about the return for Nash who is now retired. Bitched about Stephan and raanta. It’s never ending. I’d rather get a 2nd and 3rd than a 2nd and some career AHLer but it’s not as sexy when there’s no name attached.

I don't understand why people are upset that they didn't get a 2nd + "a prospect". The type of prospect you could reasonably expect to get would be no more a sure thing than a 3rd round draft pick. Most of the prospects that would be available in a deal like that would typically be 3rd/4th rounders themselves who have yet to pan out. I think the Rangers are just as well off picking a guy they like in the draft instead of inheriting someone elses midlevel prospect.

no matter what, people are going to bitch. People bitched about JT Miller who Tampa is now actively trying to shop. They bitched about the return for Nash who is now retired. Bitched about Stephan and raanta. It?s never ending. I?d rather get a 2nd and 3rd than a 2nd and some career AHLer but it?s not as sexy when there?s no name attached.
Who said Tampa is actively shopping Miller?

no matter what, people are going to bitch. People bitched about JT Miller who Tampa is now actively trying to shop. They bitched about the return for Nash who is now retired. Bitched about Stephan and raanta. It?s never ending. I?d rather get a 2nd and 3rd than a 2nd and some career AHLer but it?s not as sexy when there?s no name attached.

Agreed. But I do remember most were happy about the Nash return. I liked what we got back for macdonagh but felt we could of done better. Didnt lose much sleep over Miller

Mcd and miller are completely different. They were not ufas therefore deadline day didn’t apply to them. Mcd if available at this deadline would have been the top rental and fetched more than he did last year with Karlsson avsilable. Miller was a rfa and young enough to be a part of he next core. Trading him is fine but it seems like both were moved on Tampa’s terms not ours. The ufas on the other hand have to be traded if they aren’t going to resigned. Even if the return isn’t as you hoped it would be. The market dictates the return. The worst case is not trading them and getting nothing for them.

Archived