• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yamamoto isn't gonna be a C.

Well then he's definitely not a 1c. lol.

Really, what I meant is that I don't think it would be some kind of crazy Chiarelli move. I'm not a big fan of Yamamoto, in general, so I think that's a low return for Hayes.

Really, what I meant is that I don't think it would be some kind of crazy Chiarelli move. I'm not a big fan of Yamamoto, in general, so I think that's a low return for Hayes.

I'm not a fan of Puljujarvi so I'm inclined to prefer Yamamoto above all other Edmonton prospects. A 1st and Yams isn't a bad return for Hayes. I'd want more, but I can like that.

Prepare to be disappointed then.

Although I don't know why you would be, because there are literally no one giving you a 1st and one of their best prospects for a rental. Not even Chiarelli imo.

In Edmontons case, they're not even in the playoffs at the moment and are currently in what looks like a 4-way battle for the last WC spot. Worst case, and a very possible scenario, you're trading your 1st and one of your best prospects for a couple of months of Hayes. The chances of re-signing Hayes I'd say are incredibly small, as it seems extremely unlikely Hayes would choose to sign there as an UFA given he'll have plenty of offers from around the league. So best case you're trading a significant package for squeezing into the playoffs and in all likelihood getting dumped out early. It's a terrible move from a roster building perspective.

Of course, Chiarelli more than likely being done in Edmonton unless they make the playoffs is an element here. But I can't see him going for this unless he loses the plot completely.

Edmonton's 1st alone is a good return, it could easily be a top 16 pick.

I think they would be more keen on Kreids tho. They have nice center depth, but seriously lacks wing talent. Kreider would be a huge add for them, slotting him next to McDavid or with Drai and let McDavid carry his own line (Kreids with Drai would be sick). Kreids also has one more season after this on his contract.

I think if we want to "rob" Edmonton, Kreids have to be the main piece. Yamamoto, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for Kreids, McQuaid?

Edmonton's 1st alone is a good return, it could easily be a top 16 pick.

I think they would be more keen on Kreids tho. They have nice center depth, but seriously lacks wing talent. Kreider would be a huge add for them, slotting him next to McDavid or with Drai and let McDavid carry his own line (Kreids with Drai would be sick). Kreids also has one more season after this on his contract.

I think if we want to "rob" Edmonton, Kreids have to be the main piece. Yamamoto, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for Kreids, McQuaid?

You can probably get more for Kreider especially because it's Chiarelli. I'd also include someone like Pionk instead of McQuaid to try and maximize return especially because they don't need more defensive defensemen. Try to sneak in a guy like Ostap Safin or Dmitri Samorukov into the trade if you can.

Prepare to be disappointed then.

Although I don't know why you would be, because there are literally no one giving you a 1st and one of their best prospects for a rental. Not even Chiarelli imo.

In Edmontons case, they're not even in the playoffs at the moment and are currently in what looks like a 4-way battle for the last WC spot. Worst case, and a very possible scenario, you're trading your 1st and one of your best prospects for a couple of months of Hayes. The chances of re-signing Hayes I'd say are incredibly small, as it seems extremely unlikely Hayes would choose to sign there as an UFA given he'll have plenty of offers from around the league. So best case you're trading a significant package for squeezing into the playoffs and in all likelihood getting dumped out early. It's a terrible move from a roster building perspective.

Of course, Chiarelli more than likely being done in Edmonton unless they make the playoffs is an element here. But I can't see him going for this unless he loses the plot completely.

Your guess on whether or not EDM would be able to re-sign Hayes is based on absolutely nothing.

NYR is going to try to trade Hayes to somewhere who thinks they'll be able to re-sign him, because that's where the best package will be. Yamamoto and a mid-first is settling. If that's all you can get, just keep him.

Your guess on whether or not EDM would be able to re-sign Hayes is based on absolutely nothing.

NYR is going to try to trade Hayes to somewhere who thinks they'll be able to re-sign him, because that's where the best package will be. Yamamoto and a mid-first is settling. If that's all you can get, just keep him.

I actually think that’s s pretty good deal for the rangers if they are to move him.

Keep and lose him for nothing? What an excellent idea. You have to take the best deal you can get for him.

It’s a guess of course, but Edmonton is hardly the most attractive destination in the NHL. Both in terms of the organization and as a place to live. It seems highly unlikely that Hayes, with the amount of offers he’s likely to have, will choose Edmonton. I could be wrong of course, but I doubt it.

Not exactly.

The time to re-sign him was in the summer. The fact they couldn’t agree terms then, and haven’t even made a move to sign him now (was the last I saw from his agent), makes it seem pretty unlikely they’re about to change their minds and make him an offer in line with his value as a UFA at this stage.

Archived