• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

See' date=' it would be cool to do levels like that. But it's a serious commitment.[/quote']

I present the level 1, 2, and 3 along with a few other people

Typically 20 or so coaches in each class.

4-5 of us split it up.

Dallas coaches UAF NCAA, usually him and his assistants come in for a hour

And Profitt who is GM in NAHL comes on with his coaches

Between that we have myself and the guy who presents goaltending

Actually decent stuff and weekend flies by

I've taken level 4 outside, but not qualified to present. Usually done by the USA hockey gurus and 4-6 NHL coaches

The USA modular is a joke. Last year our 2 coaches took it online when we were at Silver Stick. I answered most of the questions while one of them went out to get us food. If you get one wrong, you can go back and answer it correctly. The only fucked up thing is that you can't fast forward the videos. You have to watch all of them. I think it's 3 or 4 hours worth.

The USA modular is a joke. Last year our 2 coaches took it online when we were at Silver Stick. I answered most of the questions while one of them went out to get us food. If you get one wrong, you can go back and answer it correctly. The only fucked up thing is that you can't fast forward the videos. You have to watch all of them. I think it's 3 or 4 hours worth.

Why would it be considered a joke?

Because anyone can do it. There's no studying, failing, retaking, etc .. You watch, you click, you're done. That doesn't insult you a little?

Nah, the modules are there to supplement the coaching clinics.

There is some good information there.

And in regards to your practice/game ratio, maybe your coaches should be taking those ;)

Nah, the modules are there to supplement the coaching clinics.

There is some good information there.

And in regards to your practice/game ratio, maybe your coaches should be taking those ;)

Our practice to game ratio is similar to yours. The tournament games is what throws the ratio out of proportion.

How many tournaments do you have?

14 league games

2 tourney's

Around 4-6 exhibition games against teams in our league

4-6 exhibition games against older lower tier teams

Usually around 25-35 games

80-90 practices on ice (1 hour each)

30-40 dryland sessions

14 league games

2 tourney's

Around 4-6 exhibition games against teams in our league

4-6 exhibition games against older lower tier teams

Usually around 25-35 games

80-90 practices on ice (1 hour each)

30-40 dryland sessions

3 a week?

3 a week?
Minimum 3 Typically 4

We have the same sheet of ice Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Always have Thursday off

If we have league games Saturday and Sunday, we practice Friday night

If we have league games Friday and Saturday (not typical) we practice Sunday

Minimum 3

Typically 4

Difference from hockey there to hockey here .... $$. If you took 20 games off our schedule and turned them into practices, which are only on the weekends anyway, we still wouldn't come close to your hours.

Difference from hockey there to hockey here .... $$. If you took 20 games off our schedule and turned them into practices, which are only on the weekends anyway, we still wouldn't come close to your hours.

That is tough.

I imagine tourney's are supplemented through sponsorships, etc.

One thing to note...3 out of every 4 practices is shared ice for us. That helps a ton with the costs.

Great game this morning.

Lost 0-2, but was 0-1 with 30 seconds left.

Back and forth all game, lots of battle, kids were flying. We didn't get as many shots as we should, but plenty of scoring chances, (step 1).

Team we played is a top team so anything better then 0-5 is a bonus.

Pasted his old team 8-3. He didn't play today' date=' because the other goalie can't make it tomorrow. He was little pissed, but we play them again in a tournament in December.[/quote']

That must have felt good!

We actually bear the Alaska All stars last night 5-2

Upset if the year so far in our league. I expected a couple of 0-7 losses this weekend

1-0-1 this weekend. The other goalie was sick, so Michael played both games. 3-2 yesterday vs a very good team that smoked everyone last year. And today was the unusual 0-0 tie. Believe it or not, it was a faced paced, offensive game. SOG were 30-22 in favor of us. They had a breakaway :10 into the game. Definitely got more and more nerve racking as the minutes ticked by.

• 1 month later...