• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

Do you guys play the Tigers?

They're in our division, but they're in the south. They're not on our schedule this year. We haven't played them in a few years because they don't have a triple A team. We played them when we were mites, and playing up in the squirt divisions.

They're in our division, but they're in the south. They're not on our schedule this year. We haven't played them in a few years because they don't have a triple A team. We played them when we were mites, and playing up in the squirt divisions.

Oh cool. I played against them a lot throughout the years. My high school JV team even scrimmed their midget AA team once. That was weird. I was playing against a lot of people I played with as a squirt/peewee, meanwhile I was on the other team with completely different people.

Oh cool. I played against them a lot throughout the years. My high school JV team even scrimmed their midget AA team once. That was weird. I was playing against a lot of people I played with as a squirt/peewee, meanwhile I was on the other team with completely different people.

Lol, yeah, that happens a lot. There are so many spring/summer tournament teams that Michael has played on, every time they play a team he comes off the ice and tells me that _____ was on that team and he played with him 2 years ago in Delaware. Yeah, like I fuckin remember.

Ouch

Yep, maybe I cursed my son.

Had been on ice for two goals against this year in 8 games, (only thing he does well).

Told him this morning that it was probably going to change, (this team is loaded)...and he was on ice for 5 goals :(

Just one of those things.

A very average to below average Pee Wee team faced off against one of the top teams in the nation.

I guess the game looked like a 45 minute PP

Yep, maybe I cursed my son.

Had been on ice for two goals against this year in 8 games, (only thing he does well).

Told him this morning that it was probably going to change, (this team is loaded)...and he was on ice for 5 goals :(

Just one of those things.

A very average to below average Pee Wee team faced off against one of the top teams in the nation.

I guess the game looked like a 45 minute PP

Those are always fun for a goalie parent.

Those are always fun for a goalie parent.

Goaltender parent is our coach.

Dad pulled son 1/2 through game, (stopped competing)...and all hell broke loose between son and dad!

I missed a hell of a game!!

I love those character builder moments.

Best part is part 2 starts here in 2 hours, (two games against them today).

Goaltender parent is our coach.

Dad pulled son 1/2 through game, (stopped competing)...and all hell broke loose between son and dad!

I missed a hell of a game!!

I love those character builder moments.

Best part is part 2 starts here in 2 hours, (two games against them today).

Uh oh

• 2 weeks later...
Nice weekend. 2-0, one was a league game against his former organization. They won 9-3. The coach of the other team is a real doucher and shouldn't be allowed on the bench, ever. First of all, he has a horrible reputation for screaming and cursing at his team. It's his first year with the organization, and he's already been warned 3 times. He cursed at the 2 moms working the scorer's table because the buzzer on the clock didn't go off when it hit 0:00. They have absolutely no control over when the buzzer sounds. It's hooked up to the clock, and there happens to be a little glitch in it. We scored a goal with 1 second left in the second period to make it 8-2, and he flipped a shit on the moms. Then he tells his team that they fuckin suck, and that they're the worst team in the league and should be ashamed of themselves. After the game, he storms out of the rink, pushed the door open with enough force for it to bounce back at himself, and he had to put his clip board up to protect his face. I wish it would have hit him. If someone was on the other side of that door, he would have hurt them badly, especially if it was a kid.

Was it the Rinx coach by any chance? We had a similar situation last weekend. Our coaching staff almost fought their coaching staff after the game. Fucking douche courses out our kids.

No, but it's funny you mentioned them. We've had run ins with them before. And what makes it worse is that your kid is 2-3 years younger than mine, so that means it's not just 1 particular coaching staff. Are they still Suffolk PAL, or are all of the teams now called the Jr. Islanders?

Apperantly our manager, when scheduling the game with the rinx, told them that our mite A team beat their mite AA team, so he was looking for some stronger competition. The rinx got pissed because they thought we were disrespecting their organization and sent their Selects team which is like tops mite team in northeast. Or some shit like that. They kept running up the score on us and when our coach eventually flipped, a fight almost broke out between the coaching staff. The parents had no idea why until way after the game.