• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

Ya, since we don't travel out Of state it's kind of ambiguous.

We took our tier 2 kids 3 weeks ago and stomped all of the top Tier 1 teams in he nation we faced.

Our program was soooo focused on winning (we made final nationals on regular basis)... We had gotten away from development.

Last crew I brought up ranks had 6 play a div1 NCAA games this weekend. 3 drafted in CHL And 12 of 16 play jr A hockey.

At the end Of the day that's how we have started to focus our progress rather then win/losses We had really lost our way there for a while

What's the end game for your sons team Mikey? Is there a State title or something?

They removed national titles for PW's here. You can only go to nationals as a Bantam. You have to make the playoffs and advance to the finals. The 2 teams in the finals will advance to districts. We're an all 02 team playing in a division with 18 teams that have all, or most 01's on it. I think we'll be right there at the end with a chance to make the playoffs, though. It's very early, but from what I've seen in the standings and common opponents, I think they have a shot.

Ya, since we don't travel out Of state it's kind of ambiguous.

We took our tier 2 kids 3 weeks ago and stomped all of the top Tier 1 teams in he nation we faced.

Our program was soooo focused on winning (we made final nationals on regular basis)... We had gotten away from development.

Last crew I brought up ranks had 6 play a div1 NCAA games this weekend. 3 drafted in CHL And 12 of 16 play jr A hockey.

At the end Of the day that's how we have started to focus our progress rather then win/losses We had really lost our way there for a while

Do the other teams in your league play teams out of state in NL games?

Do the other teams in your league play teams out of state in NL games?
We had a tier 2 team last year we played against do a couple of tourneys, and they ended up ranked 5th in nation Better team then we were The top team didnt head out of state except to play in Europe last season. We are a step below those two I'm guessing we play .500 hockey this season in our league

We had a tier 2 team last year we played against do a couple of tourneys, and they ended up ranked 5th in nation Better team then we were The top team didnt head out of state except to play in Europe last season. We are a step below those two I'm guessing we play .500 hockey this season in our league

Yeah, once you mix it up in tournaments, it will all compute in the rankings. It will effect strength of schedule, etc ..

I think the group was collectively dropped on their heads as kids.

Well behaved, can skate with anyone (exceptional development there)....

No clue what to do with puck

It's not just your boys, bro. Michael is in a habit of making a save, admires it, and then stares at the rebound like the shooter is gonna give up because he got stopped on the first try. I want to blast him. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? "

The crew coming up behind us, (1st year pee Wees) are as fine of a group as I've seen developed. I run both teams for full ice skating.

When I look into their eyes I see...

"I'm here to develop, and you have my complete focus"

When I look into the eyes of our crew I see...

"If I mix Pepsi and 7-up would it be called PUP?"

Just how it is :)

The crew coming up behind us, (1st year pee Wees) are as fine of a group as I've seen developed. I run both teams for full ice skating.

When I look into their eyes I see...

"I'm here to develop, and you have my complete focus"

When I look into the eyes of our crew I see...

"If I mix Pepsi and 7-up would it be called PUP?"

Just how it is :)

hahahahahahaha

Yeah, I honestly have no idea how this shit works. I think the top 2 advance to another one in a few months.

I think typically 15-20 of the top AAA teams in the nation are invited.

Should be a good tourney.

I see our Pee Wee AAA team went from 6th to 17th in rankings without ever playing another game :)

I think typically 15-20 of the top AAA teams in the nation are invited.

Should be a good tourney.

I see our Pee Wee AAA team went from 6th to 17th in rankings without ever playing another game :)

Yeah, but we're AA. 12 of our 16 have AAA experience, thought. I don't expect to finish top 2. I'm thinking 4, mayyyyybe 3. I mean, they can beat A LOT of AAA teams, but I know a few of the teams there, and they're good.

Looking back at your schedule Mikey.. We are probably the game on the other rink around the same time as yours on Saturday. Like I said, the team we play Saturday morning is 3rd in the standings, we are 2nd. Should be a good game, we still have some boys missing due to concussions, so I expect the end of the weekend to be a little more of a struggle.

10/12 - 10:15 - Milwaukee

10/12 - 4:15 - Dallas

10/13 - 12:00 - Phoenix

10/13 - 6:15 - Colorado

10/14 - 10:00 - Arapahoe

First 2 games should be really good. Not happy that I have to miss most of the games this weekend. Talent should be really good.. Good luck to your boys Mikey!

Do you guys know what teams are going to be there....?

Such as...the Dallas team is the Stars Elite correct?

And Colorado would be the Thunderbirds?