• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

While everyone else in our division has at least 1 league game under their belt, we have our first 2 this weekend. I can't wait to see how this team of 02 kids handle the season while playing against teams that are a 1+ years older than them. There are 10 teams in the North (us), and 9 teams in the south. The top 2 from each division make the playoffs. I think they'll be battling for a spot. I predict they finish in the top 4 in the North. 3rd and 4th isn't a playoff spot, but it will be an impressive finish considering the opponents.

So you have a blended league of 01 and 02 birth years?

So you have a blended league of 01 and 02 birth years?

It's PW AA, the vast majority of the teams are all 01's, as they are the senior for PW. (as I'm sure you know) A few teams have an 02 sprinkled in here and there, but those are the organizations that don't have AAA teams. There are only 2 teams out of the 19 that have all 02's on them, and we're one of them.

They will be better for it next year

We only have a 9 team league in our state.

Last year we were only 1 of 2 teams of 01's (other team is the one that played in Europe).

Rest of league had 1/2 01 and half 02

So our kids were already "tested".

This season we test back :)

Keep your chins up, next season will be good

They will be better for it next year

We only have a 9 team league in our state.

Last year we were only 1 of 2 teams of 01's (other team is the one that played in Europe).

Rest of league had 1/2 01 and half 02

So our kids were already "tested".

This season we test back :)

Keep your chins up, next season will be good

I think they're going to do well. From what I hear from other parents of other organizations, our team is the talk of the league. It's early, but they're currently ranked 16th in the nation for 02 teams. Tomorrow, they play their big brother ... the 01 team from our organization. They're pretty good, so I'm just hoping for a close game at this point, with no real expectation of winning.

We got screwed yesterday. Lost 3-2. We were up 2-1 with 5 minutes left and they called 2 questionable penalties on us. They tied it on the 5 on 3, and then took the lead on the ensuing PP. We won today 8-7. Yes, 8-7. Needless to say, Michael did not have a good game, but a win is a win. lol. Forget it quickly, move on. Super Series Tourny in Philly next weekend.

Thanks Dunny !! Hopefully you have some free time next month to come watch a game.

I checked my sched, home for Halloween week, so I'll be back out west while you're around. Figures. Lemme know who you play though, see if youvdraw any of the locals.

We pulled one out today, 5-3 over the NJ Devils.. 4 of our Guys are out with Concussions / Injuries. Never seen so many kids go down in one weekend such as last, even our goalie got one after being hit in the head as someone was going through the crease. Concussions are no joke, they take extreme caution with these boys, even some of whom were sent home from school this week. All in all, glad to get the W on the road in NJ. We are the only 16U American team left unbeaten after only a few weeks of play. Next week we have an Elite League Tourney at Comcast, looking forward to playing against some of the teams from the West again.

We pulled one out today, 5-3 over the NJ Devils.. 4 of our Guys are out with Concussions / Injuries. Never seen so many kids go down in one weekend such as last, even our goalie got one after being hit in the head as someone was going through the crease. Concussions are no joke, they take extreme caution with these boys, even some of whom were sent home from school this week. All in all, glad to get the W on the road in NJ. We are the only 16U American team left unbeaten after only a few weeks of play. Next week we have an Elite League Tourney at Comcast, looking forward to playing against some of the teams from the West again.

We'll be there !! Pennsauken?

I checked my sched, home for Halloween week, so I'll be back out west while you're around. Figures. Lemme know who you play though, see if youvdraw any of the locals.

Will do. The schedule probably won't come out until at least 2 weeks prior.

We'll be there !! Pennsauken?

Yup! I think I said this before, but I coach with my Dad. I actually have a Fitness Competition this weekend in East Orange, NJ.. So Saturday I'll be there all day. If I can get the Tan to rub off enough that I don't look like a pumpkin, I'll be there the next 3 games. At least with coaching the Jr. Flyers, my Tan will fit right in! If I can get out there Sunday or Monday I'll be sure to find out when your Son is playing and come over to say hi!

Yup! I think I said this before, but I coach with my Dad. I actually have a Fitness Competition this weekend in East Orange, NJ.. So Saturday I'll be there all day. If I can get the Tan to rub off enough that I don't look like a pumpkin, I'll be there the next 3 games. At least with coaching the Jr. Flyers, my Tan will fit right in! If I can get out there Sunday or Monday I'll be sure to find out when your Son is playing and come over to say hi!

Saturday October 12

11:20 AM vs NY Islanders

4:40 PM vs JR Flyers

Sunday October 13th

9:55 AM vs CT Yankees

6:20 PM vs RI Saints

Monday October 14th

7:40 AM vs Comcast

Game 2: TBD

A quote I saw posted from Proactive Coaches:

one of the signs that winning has become the highest priority for the adults is when your team is constantly looking for ways to recruit newer and better players. In reality, this demonstrates lack of commitment to your current players.

My son's team won their first league game on Sunday 3-0 in Flemington. The score doesn't quite tell the story as the team played a very individualistic game. Very little passing in the offensive zone with too many kids trying to do too much by themselves. The problem got so bad with one kid in particular (who has done it over the course of several games now) that the other two kids on the line were saying how they will only pass to each other and not the puck-hog.

The coach gave them the business after the game and really gave them the business tonight at practice. Those kids were gassed at the end. I loved every second of it.

My son's team won their first league game on Sunday 3-0 in Flemington. The score doesn't quite tell the story as the team played a very individualistic game. Very little passing in the offensive zone with too many kids trying to do too much by themselves. The problem got so bad with one kid in particular (who has done it over the course of several games now) that the other two kids on the line were saying how they will only pass to each other and not the puck-hog.

The coach gave them the business after the game and really gave them the business tonight at practice. Those kids were gassed at the end. I loved every second of it.

Unfortunately this happens a lot at the squirt level, especially early in the season. You can only hope they break out of it and learn to play as a team. I'm glad the coach bagged them, that should begin them on the right path.

6 weeks into the season and no league games yet, just a few exhibition games against girls team

First league games weekend after next, kids should be chomping at the bit by then

Send me the link to the site again like last year.

How come I can't find your teams in the USA rankings?

Edit: Never mind. I found it. It's under Fairbanks, not Arctic

We haven't played any games yet :)

And we shouldn't have any rankings.

Typically we were normally 1-20 in national rankings with our comp teams.

But since we don't travel out of state until Bantams. (Our tier 1 program), we no longer get ranked.

After Pee Wee they are called Jr Aces.

After Bantams they should be gone playing elsewhere.

We haven't played any games yet :)

Typically we were normally 1-20 in national rankings with our comp teams.

Since we don't travel out of state until Bantams. (Our tier 1 program), we no longer get ranked.

After Pee Wee they are called Jr Aces.

After Bantams they should be gone playing elsewhere.

Your son's team is there. All games can be reported, they don't have to be all league games. You're under Tier2, 01. We're not ranked with the 01 age group even though we play in a league where most teams are 01's. I'm guessing it's because the teams are permitted to have 02's on them. We're in the Tier2 , 02 rankings. I don't put that much weight into the rankings, I look at them to check teams that we play that have common opponents. Not all teams (including ours) have their results posted on a website. MyHockey Rankings has every reported game, and you can find the team alphabetically. It's early in the season too, a lot of games to be played with and without common opponents, and then the strength of schedule, etc .. will be computed with a little more clarity. Then again, the BCS can't get it right either. lol. We're 16th in the country right now, and it updates every Wednesday. I think there are a couple of teams ahead of us that won't be after this past weekend, so it's likely we stay the same or go higher unless some teams behind us leap frog a bunch of teams.