• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

Goalie coach is the fucking worst. I used to get a boner if a coach asked me to join his staff, only to find out at first tryout I was chained to the goalies. Happened 2 years in a row. I don't want to teach kids, I want to stand behind the bench anx yell at them god damnit.

AAA. I thought maybe you heard of some of them. I didn't think they were near you.

I played against Brampton and Amherst. Amherst was in my league growing up. Always solid. Just met Brampton in random tournies, but I thought they were something other than 45s. For some reason, I thought they had Ranger-like jerseys, but perhaps I'm thinking of Kitchener.

I played against Brampton and Amherst. Amherst was in my league growing up. Always solid. Just met Brampton in random tournies, but I thought they were something other than 45s. For some reason, I thought they had Ranger-like jerseys, but perhaps I'm thinking of Kitchener.

Kitchener, and Oakville have Ranger-like jerseys. Oakville is a SOLID organization. I can't remember who the player was, but they showed a pic of him on tv the other day from his youth years, and he had an Oakville jersey on.

Anybody ever get a taste against Minnesota house league teams?

Of our Pee Wee teams was just in a tourney.

Some of the better AAA teams in nation were there, but a few from Europe.

Edina and Blain sent to minor "house" teams. They stomped everyone.

Granted, went back through there scores this year and Edina and Blain have stomped everything they have played so far, plus top AAA teams in nation.

So must not be a "normal" house team.

But still impressive to have teams with no tryouts, you just show up...and be THAT strong.

Kitchener, and Oakville have Ranger-like jerseys. Oakville is a SOLID organization. I can't remember who the player was, but they showed a pic of him on tv the other day from his youth years, and he had an Oakville jersey on.

Tavares, I believe. Don't recall playing them.

I know I played Brampton. Nash played there, and I remember they all played a similar game - big kids with good hands (but that can describe most CA youth teams during my days), and we relied on speed... really need to dig up old tournament programs and actually go through them.

Make sure you are saving those things!

Anybody ever get a taste against Minnesota house league teams?

Of our Pee Wee teams was just in a tourney.

Some of the better AAA teams in nation were there, but a few from Europe.

Edina and Blain sent to minor "house" teams. They stomped everyone.

Granted, went back through there scores this year and Edina and Blain have stomped everything they have played so far, plus top AAA teams in nation.

So must not be a "normal" house team.

But still impressive to have teams with no tryouts, you just show up...and be THAT strong.

No.

We did have "House Select" teams in my league. These were usually parents that didn't want to travel every weekend, they'd pick these kids, without tryouts, and theyd do a few tournies. Wonder if its something similar

No.

We did have "House Select" teams in my league. These were usually parents that didn't want to travel every weekend, they'd pick these kids, without tryouts, and theyd do a few tournies. Wonder if its something similar

Well Minn has so comp hockey to speak of.

They were the top house teams from each district.

Tavares, I believe. Don't recall playing them.

I know I played Brampton. Nash played there, and I remember they all played a similar game - big kids with good hands (but that can describe most CA youth teams during my days), and we relied on speed... really need to dig up old tournament programs and actually go through them.

Make sure you are saving those things!

No more programs, brotha. It's all done online.

MN doesn't participate in USA hockey. How relevant is that as to how they run things there?

Minn does things like we use to.

You have districts, and in each district you pretty much have "house" teams.

You don't try out, they don't Tier, (now they have two tiers for whole state).

And just let the kids play in a league. Those districts sent the winning house teams to a state tourney.

Granted, they have multiple things going for them.

1- Excellent coaching (you don't need to pay a fortune to get decent coaching)

2- Travel, (they don't need to with all those great teams to play around)

So they go back to the mold of developing every kid the same, and let the cream rise at the high school level.

Just scary that their house programs are better then most comp programs in the US

Minn does things like we use to.

You have districts, and in each district you pretty much have "house" teams.

You don't try out, they don't Tier, (now they have two tiers for whole state).

And just let the kids play in a league. Those districts sent the winning house teams to a state tourney.

Granted, they have multiple things going for them.

1- Excellent coaching (you don't need to pay a fortune to get decent coaching)

2- Travel, (they don't need to with all those great teams to play around)

So they go back to the mold of developing every kid the same, and let the cream rise at the high school level.

Just scary that their house programs are better then most comp programs in the US

Gotcha, thanks. Some MA teams don't participate either. Actually, when you go up there for certain tournaments, you're allowed to check at the squirt level. That was a few years ago. Not sure if it still goes on. We've been there 3 times since then, but they didn't allow checking.

• 2 weeks later...