• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

The 6 weeks he missed we were up north with the baby and he was on an outdoor rink everyday. It's probably the best private outdoor rink in Canada. Complete with changeroom with heated floors, hot chocolate dispenser, full boards and he even bought a fucking zamboni lol. He didn't miss much.

The 6 weeks he missed we were up north with the baby and he was on an outdoor rink everyday. It's probably the best private outdoor rink in Canada. Complete with changeroom with heated floors, hot chocolate dispenser, full boards and he even bought a fucking zamboni lol. He didn't miss much.

Regardless of whether he was skating or not, the guy is still a jerkoff. He's 5. Five. 1,2,3,4, ... 5

The 6 weeks he missed we were up north with the baby and he was on an outdoor rink everyday. It's probably the best private outdoor rink in Canada. Complete with changeroom with heated floors' date=' hot chocolate dispenser, full boards and he even bought a fucking zamboni lol. He didn't miss much.[/quote']

From age 5-8

One quality practice equates to 10 fames for development

One hour playing shinny outside is worth around 5 quality practices :)

I think Phil would like our youth hockey team

Set records for pee wee major in state for penalties this season

Over 300 in 16 league games

Over 200 in 12 non league games

Took 54 pm's on first two state tourney games. Opposing teams took 2 minors in those two games.

I swear we had one player that should have had 40 on one play.

- checking from behind

- boarding

Opposing player on knees and then

- x check to back of head

- 2 punches to back of head

Then told ref to fuck off on way to box

Only got 2 and 10

Should be in juvi

Holy shit. Add Michael to that team' date=' and they'll make the 70's Flyers look like a box of vaginas.[/quote']

Our goaltenders never take pm's

We need Michael up here

It's not the amount of pm's we take, its the massive differential between us and other teams.

Average pee wee team I'd guess takes 5-8 minutes per game, we average 20-40.

I can't even blame refs, hell...quite honestly we get away with a lot of shit that should be called.

Our goaltenders never take pm's

We need Michael up here

It's not the amount of pm's we take, its the massive differential between us and other teams.

Average pee wee team I'd guess takes 5-8 minutes per game, we average 20-40.

I can't even blame refs, hell...quite honestly we get away with a lot of shit that should be called.

Go near the crease? Better not be in striking distance. Go in the crease? You're getting shoved, slashed, etc. Hit him after the whistle? Uh oh.

I just either paved the way to boost Michael's confidence, and get him to realize that he's better than he believes, OR I just made him more of a basket case. A middle school team contacted me about having him play on their spring team. Ironically it's the town that I grew up in, but they never had a hockey program up until 3 years ago. The team blows ass, can't skate, can't shoot, can't do anything. They're all learning the game from day 1 basically. Michael will be the youngest, yet the best player they have as the team goes up to 8th graders, and he's in 5th. I'm hoping that giving up 10 goals on 65 shots will wake him up, and make him understand how important his position is.

They just started it here a few years ago. In some cases, 2 schools will join to make a team. It's basically for the kids that want to begin playing at a later age than the travel kids. They are all house leagues. First practice was this morning, Michael went with a friend. I heard it wasn't pretty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tryouts tonight. This is for our T1 super dream team. We're going to the tryout, but won't end up there. He'll play AA next year. If you pay for T1 tryout and get cut, T2 is free, so what the hell? The other goalie is a full year older than Michael, and better developed, so even if they wanted Michael, I'd probably decline. He'll be #1 on the AA. They might only take 1 goalie anyway, with the possibility of Michael, or someone else being a taxi player. We'll see how it pans out.

What revenge? They're fuckin 5. People are so fuckin stupid. Call me when they hit bantams. I love the parents in squirt and pw, that like to alienate kids from their super team, when their kid weighs 60 lbs. Some are 1 season away from checking, so mommy better start stuffing some fuckin cheeseburgers down their throats, or their little all stars won't be on the list in the hallway in 2 years. Fuckin idiots.

THIS...can't stand parents like this.

Can't teach size, but you can teach the big kids how to use it as opposed to teaching a kid that's 4'6 how to play at 5+. More often than not, the little guys get frustrated. There comes a time when everyone is around the same speed. Of course some will be faster than others, but those that dominate in levels where you can't hit are in for a rude awakening.

And this is the beauty of hockey...its a PHYSICAL GAME.....vaginas need not apply....if you like no contact go play bandy on a frozen soccer field.....

Tryouts tonight. This is for our T1 super dream team. We're going to the tryout, but won't end up there. He'll play AA next year. If you pay for T1 tryout and get cut, T2 is free, so what the hell? The other goalie is a full year older than Michael, and better developed, so even if they wanted Michael, I'd probably decline. He'll be #1 on the AA. They might only take 1 goalie anyway, with the possibility of Michael, or someone else being a taxi player. We'll see how it pans out.

Mikey, the T1 team is still for the Colonials? What is the travel like for that team?

Mikey, the T1 team is still for the Colonials? What is the travel like for that team?

For the T1 02 team? It's a lot. A LOT. Michael made it. I haven't signed yet, because he has to accept the role as back-up. I weighed the pros and cons, and every great hockey mind I've spoken to has told me to do it, if Michael is ok with it. He has nowhere to go but up, relieves some of the pressure, and has to be a work horse. He'll be practicing with one of the best teams in the tri state area over 100 times from now until next March. It's tough to pass that up as a parent who understands that practices are more important than games. As long as my kid understands it, and is ok with it, and embraces it ... I will sign the contract. Crazy turn of events this week for everyone. Totally insane what happened in the course of 5 days. Coach, and director are awesome, and the upfront honesty goes a loooong way. They'll even excuse me from attending far tournys even if Michael was to get 1 out of 5-6 games. Tough to turn that down.

• Like 1

For the T1 02 team? It's a lot. A LOT. Michael made it. I haven't signed yet, because he has to accept the role as back-up. I weighed the pros and cons, and every great hockey mind I've spoken to has told me to do it, if Michael is ok with it. He has nowhere to go but up, relieves some of the pressure, and has to be a work horse. He'll be practicing with one of the best teams in the tri state area over 100 times from now until next March. It's tough to pass that up as a parent who understands that practices are more important than games. As long as my kid understands it, and is ok with it, and embraces it ... I will sign the contract. Crazy turn of events this week for everyone. Totally insane what happened in the course of 5 days. Coach, and director are awesome, and the upfront honesty goes a loooong way. They'll even excuse me from attending far tournys even if Michael was to get 1 out of 5-6 games. Tough to turn that down.

Sounds like a great opportunity. From everything you have said about your son this maybe be the best thing for him. He likes to work hard and hates failing, so as a backup he will have to be that much better.

He will get a chance to prove himself and benefit from the atmosphere.

Sounds like he can develop some great strategies and tactics that will help him now and later on in hockey and other areas of life.