• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #2: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Cry Harder

Roslovic had maybe his best night in a Ranger jersey. Dude was flying around and dancing through the defense all night. He had a ton of jump. No points, fine. But he generated a few good looks for the line and for himself.

• Like 3
  • Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 4

It looks to me like both Roslovic and Wennberg have really settled in with their new teams and have gotten comfortable. Prior to, they weren't necessarily terrible, but kind of 'meh'. They seem to be in a groove now.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

It looks to me like both Roslovic and Wennberg have really settled in with their new teams and have gotten comfortable. Prior to, they weren't necessarily terrible, but kind of 'meh'. They seem to be in a groove now.

Roslovic is dynamic, when he's skating. 

Wennberg looks like he couldn't be less interested in trying to score. Every shift for that line you can be pretty sure that no pucks will be going in, their net or our net. The most low event hockey I've ever seen. Sometimes I think I can get up and go to the bathroom when that line is out and not miss anything. 

Just now, Pete said:

Wennberg looks like he couldn't be less interested in trying to score. Every shift for that line you can be pretty sure that no pucks will be going in, their net or our net. The most low event hockey I've ever seen. Sometimes I think I can get up and go to the bathroom when that line is out and not miss anything. 

Wennberg is solid defensive forward, but as you said, almost seems a little too defensive-minded, you know? I feel like he could probably do more on offense if he wanted to. The rare times I watched him play on Seattle, he could get a little creative.

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Wennberg is solid defensive forward, but as you said, almost seems a little too defensive-minded, you know? I feel like he could probably do more on offense if he wanted to. The rare times I watched him play on Seattle, he could get a little creative.

When the puck is on his stick, it's like a magnet. His ability to keep the puck is insane, it just never amounts to any offense. 

• Keeps it 100 1

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know whether to laugh or give you the bullseye for this post. Seems spot on. He's zero threat in the o-zone but he's also a workhorse in the d-zone and you basically know the other team ain't scorin lol. 

3 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I don't know whether to laugh or give you the bullseye for this post. Seems spot on. He's zero threat in the o-zone but he's also a workhorse in the d-zone and you basically know the other team ain't scorin lol. 

I'd argue that there's incredible value in knowing that you can put a line out there and be guaranteed that the score will not change. 

That's worth a lot to a coach and it's worth even more in the playoffs. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

47 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Roslovic had maybe his best night in a Ranger jersey. Dude was flying around and dancing through the defense all night. He had a ton of jump. No points, fine. But he generated a few good looks for the line and for himself.

Agreed. Guentzel has been as advertised for the Canes, if not surpassing expectations, and drew the biggest headlines. But somewhere over the last 2-3 games of the regular season, that Kreider-Zibanejad-Roslovic line started to gel and carried the momentum forward into the postseason. 

I won't pretend he's an ideal 1RW, but for what he cost us, he's been a key add. We haven't had someone zooming around the ice like that since Michael Grabner, and he's playing with a bit of swagger and confidence. Not sure how Drury saw what he saw on him, but the guy is approaching Vatrano-level sneaky deadline add status.

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I know, right? Panarin with only 3 assists. What a fucking barnacle.

You’re right, all secondary masterpieces - one was a blocked shot, Fox made an unbelievable play on another…

Roslovic has been more noticeable, let that one simmer

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Pete said:

When the puck is on his stick, it's like a magnet. His ability to keep the puck is insane, it just never amounts to any offense. 

Literally came here to say this.

His ability to keep the puck in tight spaces while that line is cycling is wild. Usually guys who do that are bigger. It almost reminds me of Michael Nylander when he was here. The puck looked glued to his blade at times. Not saying Wennberg reminds me of that, just the way he is able to control the puck in very tight spaces and keep control of it.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 1

51 minutes ago, Pete said:

Same with his ability to take pucks away from opposing carriers. His stick lifts are elite. But like you said, it never moves the numbers. Just like Kakko.

53 minutes ago, Pete said:

Match made in heaven for Kakko

• LOL 1

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Guentzel has seven points in seven games, however heading into last night he only had one goal.

I guess it wasn’t all Crosby, dude can play.  But you know if the Rangers got him, it would be a completely different story

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He actually got an assist on the first goal doing exactly this. He just needed a real goal scorer from another line to help him with putting the puck in the net.