• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #2: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Cry Harder

2 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He’s only ever played the left side.

And he’s played it oh so well… as a clutch performer.

Hes proven he’s a great player in his spot.

Hes proven he can easily play with great players.

But you need to keep him on his side.

He’s the player you never move. 

Guentzel is one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

And has been for a number of years.

Name 10 left wingers who’ve been better than him over the last 5-6 seasons?

You cant.

No one can.

Cause they don’t exist. 

he's been great, no doubt but he needs a setup man.  He doesnt create himself.  

9 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

It’s funny that we can’t enjoy and still want more.  I guess Trouba’s play can also remain status quo.

Trouba will have an important moment at some point

5 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

he's been great, no doubt but he needs a setup man.  He doesnt create himself.  

I agree but is Aho really a better setup man than Zibanejad?

Maybe he doesn't need as much help as you (and I) thought.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I agree but is Aho really a better setup man than Zibanejad?

Maybe he doesn't need as much help as you (and I) thought.

Did you see Aho's play along the boards last night when he set up Guenzel for a goal?  Zib doesnt play along the boards.  He doesnt win many puck battles.  He's great on the rush

6 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Did you see Aho's play along the boards last night when he set up Guenzel for a goal?  Zib doesnt play along the boards.  He doesnt win many puck battles.  He's great on the rush

Do set ups on the rush count less?

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

Do set ups on the rush count less?

no, but Guenzel has played all of his career with Crosby and now playing with Aho, who's Cane's best offensive player.  Personally i dont think he's getting as much production with Zib centering 

13 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

mika is a better all around player without a doubt.  But offensively i'd rather have Aho

Mika’s high-end is better.

Aho is more consistent.

But it’s close to even either way. 

Both are excellent players.

• Phil unpinned this topic
56 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

no, but Guenzel has played all of his career with Crosby and now playing with Aho, who's Cane's best offensive player.  Personally i dont think he's getting as much production with Zib centering 

And next year he'll play with Matty Beniers. Who cares?

Our top 2 centers are charging toward Conn Smythe votes. Aho's charging toward a golf course.

• LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

And next year he'll play with Matty Beniers. Who cares?

Our top 2 centers are charging toward Conn Smythe votes. Aho's charging toward a golf course.

Right now Trocheck is the guy and that's with Mika at 11 points through 6 games.

3 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

It’s funny that we can’t enjoy and still want more.  I guess Trouba’s play can also remain status quo.

Last night was the first time Trouba has been on for a goal against in the playoffs. 

Yeah, that pair had a horrific game, which at the end of the day cost the team nothing. 

If you're always wanting more from a 6-0 team maybe it's time to re-evaluate your expectations.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Last night was the first time Trouba has been on for a goal against in the playoffs. 

Yeah, that pair had a horrific game, which at the end of the day cost the team nothing. 

If you're always wanting more from a 6-0 team maybe it's time to re-evaluate your expectations.

If you don’t think they can be better, I don’t know what to tell you.  I’ve seen some sloppy play that you can get away with against a Caps team and with Shesterkin playing great, but that won’t last as the playoffs go on.  Again, like I’ve said numerous times, they are capable of being better and cleaning their shit up.  

9 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

First the theory is Panarin’s skill makes them better, now it’s this….got it.  All I know, aside from the game where he concussed Oshie, we haven’t seen regular season Panarin.

He's put up 2 game-winning goals in the 1st round and 4 points in the first two games against one of the top teams in the league. The thing is that it's not actually the regular season anymore. It's the Playoffs and tougher to find time and space to do the things that Panarin does. Is it a far-fetched idea that a team would gameplan their defense around their opponent's leading scorer - who might be the 4th leading point producer in the NHL? 7p in 6 games so far, not otherworldly, but nothing to sneeze at either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

If you don’t think they can be better, I don’t know what to tell you.  I’ve seen some sloppy play that you can get away with against a Caps team and with Shesterkin playing great, but that won’t last as the playoffs go on.  Again, like I’ve said numerous times, they are capable of being better and cleaning their shit up.  

Everything can always be better, if you expect perfect 60 minute domination of every game in the playoffs you'll always be disappointed. Laviolette even said this a few days ago.

Could some players be better? Sure. But you choose to focus on the negative for some reason, instead of the fact they're 6-0 right now with the hottest goalie in the playoffs. Why not enjoy that?

Feels like if they win a Cup you'll complain about Panarin not scoring enough or Zib not having enough 5v5 points, which is wild. 

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

Everything can always be better, if you expect perfect 60 minute domination of every game in the playoffs you'll always be disappointed. Laviolette even said this a few days ago.

Could some players be better? Sure. But you choose to focus on the negative for some reason, instead of the fact they're 6-0 right now with the hottest goalie in the playoffs. Why not enjoy that?

Feels like if they win a Cup you'll complain about Panarin not scoring enough or Zib not having enough 5v5 points, which is wild. 

You mean like you and others complaining about 40+ goal scorer Kreider?  I call him out and not a peep from anyone.  I mention that Panarin has been invisible and everyone has their panties in a bunch.  

I know a team won’t dominate for 60 minutes, I’m not naive, but I’m not allowed to point out where they need to improve or that means I’m not enjoying it and won’t enjoy a Stanley Cup

• Applause 1

Time to start attacking!! 

LGR!!!! Grab that 3-0 lead. Tonight no different then Tuesday night… stay up guys! The past is the past devils, Tampa bay —fuck that shit! We got plenty in front to conquer…. 
LGR!!!!! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

You mean like you and others complaining about 40+ goal scorer Kreider?  I call him out and not a peep from anyone.  I mention that Panarin has been invisible and everyone has their panties in a bunch.  

I know a team won’t dominate for 60 minutes, I’m not naive, but I’m not allowed to point out where they need to improve or that means I’m not enjoying it and won’t enjoy a Stanley Cup

Haven't complained about Kreider at all in the playoffs. In fact, I praised his engagement.  Because at this point it doesn't matter. During the regular season, the Kreider vibe is just lazy hockey. I don't criticize him after every single game. That's just who he is and how he rolls. 

The constant whining after every game about specific players when the team is performing this well is fucking ridiculous. 

But hey, if the best you can do is whataboutism, then I don't know what to tell you. Is it possible to point out when needs to be better while enjoying yourself, yes but all you talk about is the negative. If you want to sit there and be miserable while the rest of us are enjoying the ride, to each their own. 

I'll be happy to celebrate a cup win while you in certain others are still lobbying to trade Panarin.

Edited by Pete

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Haven't complained about Kreider at all in the playoffs. Because at this point it doesn't matter. Nor do I sit there during games stewing to myself about all the times he fucks up. 

If the best you can do is whataboutism, then I don't know what to tell you. Is it possible to point out when needs to be better while enjoying yourself, yes but all you talk about is the negative. If you want to sit there and be miserable while the rest of us are enjoying the ride, to each their own. 

Not sure where I said you sit there stewing so I assume you mean I do?  Contrary to your belief, it is wrong.  If you also want to assume that I’m not enjoying the ride, that is also wrong.  I am very well enjoying the ride.  If critiquing means I’m not enjoying the ride and being miserable, that’s your opinion.  But I can assure you that your opinion is wrong.

Enjoy your game day

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Not sure where I said you sit there stewing so I assume you mean I do?  Contrary to your belief, it is wrong.  If you also want to assume that I’m not enjoying the ride, that is also wrong.  I am very well enjoying the ride.  If critiquing means I’m not enjoying the ride and being miserable, that’s your opinion.  But I can assure you that your opinion is wrong.

Enjoy your game day

People form opinions based on what you put out there. I'm only commenting on what you put out there. Nobody knows what goes on in your head, but as far as reading what's out here, there is nothing but negativity which again to me is bananas considering the position this team is in. 

Undefeated in the playoffs. 

3 Conn Smythe contenders.

Best and hottest goalie left in the playoffs. 

But sure, let's complain about a guy who just had three assists, seven points in six games, because the assists were secondary or came off a broken play.

Sure, that makes total sense and is the hallmark of someone who's enjoying themselves. 

I wonder what it looks like when the team is actually bad.

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Pete said:

People form opinions based on what you put out there. I'm only commenting on what you put out there. Nobody knows what goes on in your head, but as far as reading what's out here, there is nothing but negativity which again to me is bananas considering the position this team is in. 

Undefeated in the playoffs. 

3 Conn Smythe contenders.

Best and hottest goalie left in the playoffs. 

But sure, let's complain about a guy who just had three assists, seven points in six games, because the assists were secondary or came off a broken play.

Sure, that makes total sense and is the hallmark of someone who's enjoying themselves. 

I wonder what it looks like when the team is actually bad.

I tongue in cheek said Laf and Tro are carrying that line, just like I’ve been doing all season long.  Someone started with his 3 assists and that’s where I actually went to look because I didn’t even know he had those assists and the conversation evolved from there.  You want to take it as negativity, go ahead, have at it.  It’s funny that you can brush off the Kreider comment off as whataboutism (hate that word) when you’ve been ragging him all year.  So for you it’s not being negative on a player, right?  I’m glad you will celebrate a cup, I and other will be celebrating as well but pleas do me a favor and take a look in the mirror when you want to say people are negative and miserable. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I tongue in cheek said Laf and Tro are carrying that line, just like I’ve been doing all season long.  Someone started with his 3 assists and that’s where I actually went to look because I didn’t even know he had those assists and the conversation evolved from there.  You want to take it as negativity, go ahead, have at it.  It’s funny that you can brush off the Kreider comment off as whataboutism (hate that word) when you’ve been ragging him all year.  So for you it’s not being negative on a player, right?  I’m glad you will celebrate a cup, I and other will be celebrating as well but pleas do me a favor and take a look in the mirror when you want to say people are negative and miserable. 

If you think me saying Kreider would have more points if he tried harder, or that he never hits anybody or uses his speed, as general comments....

Is the same as you specifically dissecting Panarin's 3 assists in an overtime win in the middle of the playoffs where the Rangers are undefeated and in the best position versus all of the other remaining playoff teams...

Then I don't know what to tell you, cuz those things are not the same no matter how much you want them to be. 

Edited by Pete

Pretty much aligns with what we saw. 

But it also points out what we already knew... The Rangers are much more productive with their high danger chances.

Carolina generates a lot of chances and a lot of them are low danger. 

I will take the Rangers matching Carolina on high danger chances and giving up more low danger chances all day long. Let Igor handle that. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you think me saying Kreider would have more points if he tried harder, or that he never hits anybody or uses his speed, as general comments....

Is the same as you specifically dissecting Panarin's 3 assists in an overtime win in the middle of the playoffs where the Rangers are undefeated and in the best position versus all of the other remaining playoff teams...

Then I don't know what to tell you, cuz those things are not the same no matter how much you want them to be. 

You conveniently forget how you defend Zib because of Kreider’s lack of ability to finish but please go on.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

You conveniently forget how you defend Zib because of Kreider’s lack of ability to finish but please go on.

Now we're on to Zib 🤣

It keeps getting better. Keep moving the goal posts buddy. 

Making a comment during a general discussion in March is in no way shape or form the same as dissecting a player who just had three points in a playoff overtime win. 

Keep ignoring the context. That's what this is all about. I don't give a shit who you complain about, but it's wild to me that you're complaining about anybody considering the place the team is at. 

Red and blue are the same because they're both colors, but there's a million others things that make red different from blue. You keep trying to make red and blue the same, but they aren't. 

Edited by Pete