• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #2: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Cry Harder

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pretty much aligns with what we saw. 

But it also points out what we already knew... The Rangers are much more productive with their high danger chances.

Carolina generates a lot of chances and a lot of them are low danger. 

I will take the Rangers matching Carolina on high danger chances and giving up more low danger chances all day long. Let Igor handle that. 

That graphic feels way off.

NST had it way more even both at 5v5 and all strengths, and as I watched the game I thought it was way more even without even looking.

Not taking away from Igor at all but I thought Freddy had to be just about as good. People have to dig deeper than shot differential. Typically Carolina also dominates at high danger and that’s where the ice tilts. They haven’t here at all, and the low danger bullshit is like posting thoughts and prayers on facebook after a tragedy

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

NST had it way more even both at 5v5 and all strengths, and as I watched the game I thought it was way more even without even looking.

Not taking away from Igor at all but I thought Freddy had to be just about as good. People have to dig deeper than shot differential. Typically Carolina also dominates at high danger and that’s where the ice tilts. They haven’t here at all, and the low danger bullshit is like posting thoughts and prayers on facebook after a tragedy

I agree on the end of your post, however as far as the upfront stuff I think CSAs stuff is right. 

I felt like Carolina's mid danger number is right, I thought they had more quality chances but my point all along has been they don't cash in. The Rangers cash in on their high danger chances more often than Carolina does and that's the difference. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I agree on the end of your post, however as far as the upfront stuff I think CSAs stuff is right. 

I felt like Carolina's mid danger number is right, I thought they had more quality chances but my point all along has been they don't cash in. The Rangers cash in on their high danger chances more often than Carolina does and that's the difference. 

It could be. I missed portions of the 1st/2nd because kids bedtime so I could have missed waves of Carolina domination, but this was Valley sharing expected for the 3rd and OT where I was glued to the tv…

Way more even in expected and in line with what I was seeing. After Kreider’s goal the goalies were so good

Edited by BrooksBurner

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

It could be. I missed portions of the 1st/2nd because kids bedtime so I could have missed waves of Carolina domination, but this was Valley sharing expected for the 3rd and OT where I was glued to the tv…

Way more even in expected and in line with what I was seeing. After Kreider’s goal the goalies were so good

Yeah the expected number... That seems weird. 

But the chances number feels right, equal high and mid, Carolina more low danger because they're chuckers. 

It's interesting because last season I felt Tro was a chucker and this season he was much more selective and he passed much more. Coming straight from Carolina, you have to wonder if this Brindamour style actually stifles the creativity in creating a great opportunity in favor of volume opportunity and preference to score on broken plays. 

Edited by Pete

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Now we're on to Zib 🤣

It keeps getting better. Keep moving the goal posts buddy. 

Making a comment during a general discussion in March is in no way shape or form the same as dissecting a player who just had three points in a playoff overtime win. 

Keep ignoring the context. That's what this is all about. I don't give a shit who you complain about, but it's wild to me that you're complaining about anybody considering the place the team is at. 

Red and blue are the same because they're both colors, but there's a million others things that make red different from blue. You keep trying to make red and blue the same, but they aren't. 

You say I’m ignoring context while laughing how I bring up Zib.  Either way, I’m over it, I’m negative blah blah, you do be

4 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

You say I’m ignoring context while laughing how I bring up Zib.  Either way, I’m over it, I’m negative blah blah, you do be

forgive i love you GIF

54 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I mean....look at the data, and look at the outcome. Freddy was "just about" as good, but not good enough. Igor was +2 on high danger, Freddy was -.5 - that's the difference.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I mean....look at the data, and look at the outcome. Freddy was "just about" as good, but not good enough. Igor was +2 on high danger, Freddy was -.5 - that's the difference.

That was for 3rd period/OT only, but the OT goal shifted Freddy into the negative on high danger. It only reached 2OT because he also made plenty of really good saves, high danger included. “Just about” wasn’t good enough though that’s why I said it lol

Edited by BrooksBurner

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That was for 3rd period/OT only, but the OT goal shifted Freddy into the negative on high danger. It only reached 2OT because he also made plenty of really good saves, high danger included. “Just about” wasn’t good enough though that’s why I said it lol

Oh geez, I didn't even notice a third period+ot only was posted. I was looking at the all in data here https://twitter.com/VallysView/status/1788566480809865612/photo/1

On 5/8/2024 at 9:21 AM, Ozzy said:

Certainly NOT for the faint of heart last night!!!

Credit Igor with saving us yet again.  Let's just say it wasn't Trouba's best game ever is probably the understatement of the year!  But a heroic effort from Laffy, and a epic Double OT winner from Vinny "The Iceman", and look...It's 2-0!!

...and here are the Top 23 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, in an epic GDT, sponsored by The St. Francis Cardiac Hospital:

I have to admit, I almost broke a blood vessel in my head when they cut away from the game, when the Rangers were on the Power Play in OT!  Fucking ESPN just blows!  The camera angles are terrible, and I can't be the only one that thinks Ray Ferraro should get thrown out of a moving car!

Our the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Karan,who probably can now squeeze a charcoal briquette into a diamond after that butt clenching game!!  😉

Hey guys...did I mention....It's 2-0!!!

IMG-0828.gif

It just came over with Sportsnet. The Carolina hurricanes are starting their back up goaltender tonight. He hasn’t seen any ice in a while.

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I watched the whole thing and there was not a moment in it when I thought the Rangers were going to lose.  That included both go-behind goals in 1st and 2nd periods.

If you want to beat the Rangers right now you need to get a 3 goal lead in the 3rd.  They're going to to rope-a-dope and counterattack and score on specials and you'll never know what hit you if you think a 1 or 2 goal lead means anything.

12 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

How do you know we weren’t next to each other while going back and forth?

You left your belt here by the way.