• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #2: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Cry Harder

Had to drag myself to bed before the 2nd OT for an 0430 wake up, was woken up in the middle of the night because of heavy thunderstorms. Rolled over, checked the score, and had to do a double take. Could NOT get myself back to sleep, still on cloud 9!

My ass will be dragging later, but holy hell is it worth it!

8 hours ago, Rangers said:

Why does Laff press conference behavior seems like he is on heavy drugs?

Laf doesn't like being the center of attention.  He never has.

Igor was obviously fantastic, but they all deserve a hat tip for the support. They closed down space with vigor and left Canes in places to shoot that really play to Igor's strengths. He's going to seal off the lower 3rd, and anything else they closed off passing options and allowed him to get off his line and challenge. Never really felt like they were ever going to beat him clean.

• Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 2

8 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Yup. If anyone had doubts whether we're in Prime Igor, they're gone now.

Shades of '21-'22 except the team is much deeper than it was then and the Bread Line is something we didn't have that year.

5 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Igor was obviously fantastic, but they all deserve a hat tip for the support. They closed down space with vigor and left Canes in places to shoot that really play to Igor's strengths. He's going to seal off the lower 3rd, and anything else they closed off passing options and allowed him to get off his line and challenge. Never really felt like they were ever going to beat him clean.

I thought he was definitely fighting it a bit at times, but still a top tier performance by him. I also noticed how well the Rangers were at clearing rebounds or just protecting the front in general after saves.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, Dunny said:

It’s funny because he was simultaneously a rebound machine but also made every single save including some really dangerous ones. 

definitely kept them in it. This is what you need from your starter in the playoffs.

• Keeps it 100 1

I recall watching the Rangers defeat the Flyers in 85-86 in the first round cause of a guy named John Vanbeisbrouck. Then I recall seeing a guy named Mike Richter shut down the number one seeded devils in 96-97 in the 2nd round. Many years later a guy named Henrik Lundqvist shut down the Penguins in the second round in 2013-2014 in game 7. And now we have IGOR Shesterkin shutting down Carolina. I think we’re good for this round. East Finals is straight ahead! 
LGR!!!! 

Just now, RangersLEETCH said:

I recall watching the Rangers defeat the Flyers in 85-86 in the first round cause of a guy named John Vanbeisbrouck. Then I recall seeing a guy named Mike Richter shut down the number one seeded devils in 96-97 in the 2nd round. Many years later a guy named Henrik Lundqvist shut down the Penguins in the second round in 2013-2014 in game 7. And now we have IGOR Shesterkin shutting down Carolina. I think we’re good for this round. East Finals is straight ahead! 
LGR!!!! 

Dangerous talk. One game, one period. One shift at a time.

• Bullseye 1

7 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Dangerous talk. One game, one period. One shift at a time.

I'll go back to this:

Emily Kaplan asked Vincent Trocheck how it felt to score the goal, and he said it felt great, but it's "just game 2"

That right there? When - EVER - have we had a team with this kind of presence of mind? 

• VINNY! 4

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

I'll go back to this:

Emily Kaplan asked Vincent Trocheck how it felt to score the goal, and he said it felt great, but it's "just game 2"

That right there? When - EVER - have we had a team with this kind of presence of mind? 

Yepp LOVED that answer. They know this is just a step to get to something bigger.

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Yepp LOVED that answer. They know this is just a step to get to something bigger.

Yeah. Even a 2OT goal to win a key playoff game is "just another day at the office".

The difference in mentality for this group is so noticeable, so workmanlike, and so laser-focused on the big goal. A lot of credit goes to Laviolette for instilling confidence and work ethic, but I think the leadership group deserves some, too. It's obvious that they all took last year very, very personally. 

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

Posted (edited)

Certainly NOT for the faint of heart last night!!!

Credit Igor with saving us yet again.  Let's just say it wasn't Trouba's best game ever is probably the understatement of the year!  But a heroic effort from Laffy, and a epic Double OT winner from Vinny "The Iceman", and look...It's 2-0!!

...and here are the Top 23 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, in an epic GDT, sponsored by The St. Francis Cardiac Hospital:

13 hours ago, phillyb said:

Whenever I see Igor on the ice, I always wait to see how much he flopped. Don't care. Svechnikov gonna taste teeth. 

13 hours ago, knedragon said:

Rod and Emily winners of the Fugliest Face World Championship . He stopped pucks with his face his whole career , apparently Emily stopped Mack Trucks . 

12 hours ago, knedragon said:

Emily with the Wildebeest outfit on 

12 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Fox has a face you'd want to punch

12 hours ago, phillyb said:

Hope Fox's elbow is ok after connecting with Jarvis there. Fuck off Jarvis. 

12 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

THATS MY BOY BIG DICK CHRIS!!

11 hours ago, siddious said:

Phil Housley doing his best Alain viggneault or however the fuck you spell his name

11 hours ago, Scott said:

Throw some orange cones out there, they'd do a better job. My god.

11 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Between the Rangers and Knicks, I’m going to have a heart attack before this week is over

I can’t wait till they win this so I can unclench. 

11 hours ago, Karan said:

I'm clenched so fucking tight you couldn't get a greased up Q-tip in there right about now. Rangers better fucking score here. 

Wow mcdonough just stole @Keirik’s next goal wins 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

I can confirm

Next...

Goal...

Wins...

11 hours ago, Dem said:

That was serious Heidi game shit in the making

11 hours ago, phillyb said:

Svech into the post is good. Eat it buddy. 

We haven’t tarred and feathered anyone in a while. At least since the 1800’s. Might I suggest Trouba?

11 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Anyone have the number of a good cardiologist?

10 hours ago, The Great Hamboni said:

There's Kakko, way to get on the stat sheet with a faceoff win.  

10 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

The Department of Player Safety has suspended Jacob Trouba for three games for boarding Jacob Trouba.

10 hours ago, Dem said:

Miller never gets it out...I suspect he's got a lot of kids

9 hours ago, phillyb said:

Stop thinking. Play Igor. 

Put the crack pipe away. 

9 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

If you or a loved one suffered a heart attack when ESPN switched off the Rangers game with 30 seconds left in the 3rd period of a tie playoff game, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

@BlueTruthsB

ATTORNEY JOHN MORGAN

[MORGAN & MORGAN]

2 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

@Blue Heaven be lobbying for an Ozzy lol.

I have to admit, I almost broke a blood vessel in my head when they cut away from the game, when the Rangers were on the Power Play in OT!  Fucking ESPN just blows!  The camera angles are terrible, and I can't be the only one that thinks Ray Ferraro should get thrown out of a moving car!

Our the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Karan,who probably can now squeeze a charcoal briquette into a diamond after that butt clenching game!!  😉

Hey guys...did I mention....It's 2-0!!!

IMG-0828.gif

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Applause 1

40 minutes ago, Valriera said:

I’m just happy we got a game where the refs were meeting expectations 

You should see the Canes message boards right now, they clearly disagree. Never mind the fact they've had 10 PPs and haven't scored on one yet lol

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1

4 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

You should see the Canes message boards right now, they clearly disagree. Never mind the fact they've had 10 PPs and haven't scored on one yet lol

I think it was Bieksa in the SN feed who said something like, "yeah, lots of penalties but they're all penalties. you can't argue them, they're all legit penalties."