• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #2: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Cry Harder

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMI FINALS
GAME #2 — 5/7/23

NYR Logo Reflection  vs. Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: ESPN
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@StapeAthletic@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@MollieWalkerr

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/hurricanes

GameCenter - here

Series Preview - here

SERIES SCHEDULE:

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 9.42.27 AM.png

NYR Logo

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Vincent Trocheck (4)

Mika Zibanejad (7)

Mika Zibanejad (10)

Jacob Trouba (+4)

Braden Schneider (12)

Adam Fox (22:01)

Vincent Trocheck (21:57)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A / Mika Zibanejad A / Jack Roslovic
Artemi Pınarın A / Vincent Trocheck / Alexis Lafrenière
Will Cuylle / Alex Wennberg / Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey / Barclay Goodrow A / Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox A
K'Andre Miller / Braden Schneider
Erik Gustafsson / Jacob Trouba C

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

5-0

Healthy Scratches:

Jonny Brodzinski, Louis Domingue, Adam Edstrom, Chad Ruhwedel, Zac Jones

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Filip Chytil [LTIR]He is risen?

Blake Wheeler [LTIR] — Leg snapped like a twig; Out for season

Opponent Logo Reflection

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Seth Jarvis (4)

Brady Skjei (5)

Seth Jarvis (8)

Jack Drury, Brent Burns (+5)

Stefan Noesen (19)

Brent Burns (22:42)

Sebastian Aho (21:47)

Starting Lineup:^

Jake Guentzel / Sebastian Aho A / Andrei Svechnikov
Teuvo Teravainen / Jordan Staal C / Seth Jarvis
Jordan Martinook A / Jacak Drury / Martin Necas
Jasper Kotkanimi / Evgeny Kuzntsov / Stefan Noesen

Jaccob Slavin A / Brent Burns
Brady Skjei / Tony DeAngelo
Dmitry Orlov / Jalen Chatfield

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Frederik Andersen

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

4-2

Healthy Scratches:

Jackson Blake, Bradly Nadeau, Ryan Suzuki, Brendan Lemieux,
Maxime Comtois, Scott Morrow, Dylan Coghlan, Ronan Seeley

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Brett Pesce [IR] — Lower-body injury; Won't play in game one
Jesper Fast [IR] — Upper-body injury; Unlikely to recover before end of playoffs

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

“Your guys, I think when they start to feed off of that and build off of that, that’s nothing different than what’s happened through the course of the regular season. [Panarin's] a guy who has led this team offensively. Just the playoffs have now started and he’s just following through from what he did in the regular season.” 

— Peter Laviolette on Artemi Panarin

GIF to HYPE:

crying-13.gif

Just fuckin crush em. Take the home wins, keep MSG as the Fortress of Solitude, and take a 2-0 lead to MSG mid-South.

Zibanejad continuing his Conn Smythe case tonight. I'm smelling another 3 point game.

• JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 2

One night all those posts, and shots that went "just wide" are gonna hit the net.....

Tonight is that night!  We roll tonight big: 6-2, and Rempe gets a Gordie Howe Hat Trick

• The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

13 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Just fuckin crush em. Take the home wins, keep MSG as the Fortress of Solitude, and take a 2-0 lead to MSG mid-South.

Zibanejad continuing his Conn Smythe case tonight. I'm smelling another 3 point game.

He wins the Conn Smythe, we officially rename JIMMY! to ZIB! cause that hog will be undeniable.

• JIMMY! 1

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

He wins the Conn Smythe, we officially rename JIMMY! to ZIB! cause that hog will be undeniable.

If he wants to keep playing like this, he's practically stamping his name on the trophy. 

6 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

If he wants to keep playing like this, he's practically stamping his name on the trophy. 

Yup. Him or Trocheck.

Someone tell me we have a shot of winning tonight. We win a game, I get my hopes up, I'm in a good mood for exactly 24 hours, and then by the next game day the well-earned eternal pessimism sets in. 

Yet again, the Athletic's model is predicting a Carolina win. Yet again, we are underdogs according to the odds. Even after Game 1, everyone at the Athletic said "yeah we expected this, doesn't change anything. Canes in 6 or 7."

• Believe 1

38 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Someone tell me we have a shot of winning tonight. We win a game, I get my hopes up, I'm in a good mood for exactly 24 hours, and then by the next game day the well-earned eternal pessimism sets in. 

Yet again, the Athletic's model is predicting a Carolina win. Yet again, we are underdogs according to the odds. Even after Game 1, everyone at the Athletic said "yeah we expected this, doesn't change anything. Canes in 6 or 7."

fuck the models and analytics. If numbers won hockey games than mathematicians would be on the ice.

carolina has high end Corsi/Fenwick stats. oh well, so the fuck what, we just have Zib finishing sexy backhand pass plays to bury one behind their below average goalie

Rangers in 5

• Believe 2

41 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

The fuck you mean a shot? They're winning, bro. Fuck the Athletic, fuck Dumb Loosechicken, and fuck his model, too.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 2

1 hour ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Yeah, fuck the Athletic with the horse they rode in.... Little do they know, this game will not have a game 6, much less game 7.

LFGR!!! Three more games to go until the ECF....

37 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Well I didn't attend the morning skate either, but my mom says that she talked to Coach and he said that Rempe's in, so idk who to believe now. 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

none of these games will be easy but it sure would be nice to go up 2-0 in this series and put major pressure on a carolina team that has not yet proved they can handle pessure

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Lots of shots does not beat the Rangers.  Good opportunities with the Ranger's defense otherwise occupied is what beats the Rangers.

I think this is a 4 or 5 game series at this point and all Rangers.