• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#66) Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning — Mika Mid March

20 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

He has stumbled so much over names and players this year; I think his time is coming. It'll be beyond sad to hear another voice; similar to when JD left. Wonder who will take over.

Kenny Albert perhaps?

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

He has stumbled so much over names and players this year; I think his time is coming. It'll be beyond sad to hear another voice; similar to when JD left. Wonder who will take over.

I still miss JD He was very honest about the way the Rangers were playing. Like” call the cops somebody stole their legs “

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I still miss JD He was very honest about the way the Rangers were playing. Like” call the cops somebody stole their legs “

Loved when he would call it "El garbahhge time", when the Rangers would be getting their butts kicked and the coach would be giving lower lines significant ice time. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Loved when he would call it "El garbahhge time", when the Rangers would be getting their butts kicked and the coach would be giving lower lines significant ice time. 

Also, "château bow wow", when a player was in the coach's dog house. 😆

• Keeps it 100 1

18 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

"You know, those pucks are frozen Sam, and the edges are sharp."

4 hours ago, Br4d said:

I really think Igor had issues related to getting his leg stretched out by the 'Canes in November.  He didn't leave the ice and he came back really fast and was probably dealing with lingering effects.  Now we're like 4 months out from that and he's recovered.

Based on his last 10 games SV%, 0.958, and #10 in GAA/SV% in the NHL, he seems to be back to what we've got accustomed to from Shesty.  He'll continue like this and will steal some games during the playoffs.

Then there's Quick, who is #4 in GAA and tied in SV%. It's such a luxury to have two goalies in the top ten. Having Bread and Fox in the top 10 in their respective category certainly help as well. I should stop prior to becoming waaay too optimistic....😉

• Applause 1
  • Believe 1

5 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Based on his last 10 games SV%, 0.958, and #10 in GAA/SV% in the NHL, he seems to be back to what we've got accustomed to from Shesty.  He'll continue like this and will steal some games during the playoffs.

Then there's Quick, who is #4 in GAA and tied in SV%. It's such a luxury to have two goalies in the top ten. Having Bread and Fox in the top 10 in their respective category certainly help as well. I should stop prior to becoming waaay too optimistic....😉

Hate to be this guy, but this isn't what we're accustomed to. It's actually far, far better.

A .958 SV% is otherworldly goaltending.

11 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Hate to be this guy, but this isn't what we're accustomed to. It's actually far, far better.

A .958 SV% is otherworldly goaltending.

I was referring to his standing in the NHL and stealing some games for us, evidently not too successfully.

The last ten game stat was just to show how focused he had been. Will he continue like that? It's not very likely...

Edited by Cr00zng
Clarification...

Can you ask for a better compliment coming from a 2-time Cup winning coach? I remember in 2022 when we played them. From the 3rd period of Game 3 all the way through the rest of the series, I remember very little of the individual talent they have (which is still an absurd amount) and very much of just how fucking frustrating and tough they were to play against. It’s the kind of reputation you want to have if you plan on making a run.

• Like 2
  • Believe 1

9 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Can you ask for a better compliment coming from a 2-time Cup winning coach? I remember in 2022 when we played them. From the 3rd period of Game 3 all the way through the rest of the series, I remember very little of the individual talent they have (which is still an absurd amount) and very much of just how fucking frustrating and tough they were to play against. It’s the kind of reputation you want to have if you plan on making a run.

Can't be. I read on here that the Rangers defense sucks. 

22 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Trivia-Dan Boyle. Question "Who dislikes Larry brooks more; Dan Boyle or John Tortarella?"

Yes. I would say Dan Boyle also. I don't think Torts hates Larry Brooks, he just liked to mess with him and divert the attention away from the players. Torts is Torts, but he doesn't strike me as someone that's hateful. I don't think a hateful person would do all the things he does to help animals for example.

Edited by Abe Froman

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

3 hours ago, Pete said:

"You know, those pucks are frozen Sam, and the edges are sharp."

OH BABY

• TroCheckmark 1
  • 'Merica! 1
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

They’re going to have to take Sam out in a coffin

I loved when Sam kept saying that Kaapo Kakko was no relation to Kaapo Kahkonen....guess he didn't realize Kaapo is their first names.  

Edited by delneggs
Added
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Abe Froman said:

Yes. I would say Dan Boyle also. I don't think Torts hates Larry Brooks, he just liked to mess with him and divert the attention away from the players. Torts is Torts, but he doesn't strike me as someone that's hateful. I don't think a hateful person would do all the things he does to help animals for example.

Torts is honest and doesn't give a fuck, so he says what he means, and he just told Larry he was an asshole, which he is.  Got to love Torts.  

• Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Torts is honest and doesn't give a fuck, so he says what he means, and he just told Larry he was an asshole, which he is.  Got to love Torts.  

As Pete said, Torts is a national treasure. 🇺🇸