• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Had 'Serious Interest' in Jake Guentzel; Headed to Carolina

Unless the Rangers are dealing Lindgren and or Schneider or Lafrenière,  I don't see what Pitt would want from the Rangers that isn't from the prospect pool, which is supposedly off the table. 

They have no use for Miller.  They aren’t trading Shesterkin.. 

I don't see the Rangers being in the running. 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Unless the Rangers are dealing Lindgren and or Schneider or Lafrenière,  I don't see what Pitt would want from the Rangers that isn't from the prospect pool, which is supposedly off the table. 

They have no use for Miller.  They aren’t trading Shesterkin.. 

I don't see the Rangers being in the running. 

Maybe they'd take Trouba straight up.  😂

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Now with Florida getting Tank I’m sure they’re out of the Guentzel discussion.

And price wasn’t high

-for a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft and a third-round choice in the 2025 NHL Draft-

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That's nice, except there is no center left in the rumor mill that is worth anywhere close to a big asset. It'd have to be completely out of left field at this stage.

Kind of what I was thinking, yes.

i'd go with vatrano and take our chances.  there's no sure fire stud out there this year unless drury really goes outside of the box.

this is the rangers remember going on 30 years, which is a lifetime by the way.

i've said it a thousand times.  it's very comfortable to play here,  they are coddled.  i'm not sure they really have the guts to win 4 rounds, unless they bring in someone with respect that would kick a little ass in the room.  don't think that guy exists in the room at present.

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That's nice, except there is no center left in the rumor mill that is worth anywhere close to a big asset. It'd have to be completely out of left field at this stage.

Lindholm is still there because the word is that the Canucks would deal him to clear space for Guentzel.  Probably for significantly less than they paid for him because the match hasn't been great.

If the Rangers are really looking at a huge package for Guentzel we should at least figure out if there's any chance to pry Brady Tkachuk away from the Sens.

• The Chyt! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

If the Rangers are really looking at a huge package for Guentzel we should at least figure out if there's any chance to pry Brady Tkachuk away from the Sens.

Guentzel and Tkachuk have nothing to do with each other. One is a proven 40G scorer and playoff performer who's UFA and the other is a pretty overhyped captain of a terrible team (that's also a shitshow) and only plays well when the games don't matter.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Guentzel and Tkachuk have nothing to do with each other. One is a proven 40G scorer and playoff performer who's UFA and the other is a pretty overhyped captain of a terrible team (that's also a shitshow) and only plays well when the games don't matter.

Tkachuk pushes both the win now and the rebuild buttons at the same time.  If we're going to send a big package away much better for him than for Guentzel.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Tkachuk pushes both the win now and the rebuild buttons at the same time.  If we're going to send a big package away much better for him than for Guentzel.

Only one of those players is available.

Asking for a friend: Did Drury find one of Sather’s cigars and taking his time smoking it before pulling the trigger? Or did he find a giant bone left in MSG from the last Dead concert and he’s up on the Bridge enjoying the view? C’mon man! Make something happen soon. We’re dying out here. 

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank

Just now, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Asking for a friend: Did Drury find one of Sather’s cigars and taking his time smoking that before pulling the trigger? Or did he find a giant bone left in MSG from the last Dead concert and he’s up on the Bridge enjoying the view? C’mon man! Make something happen soon. We’re dying out here. 

If it is Guentzel, and he feels like he can get him, I'm fine with other buyers finishing up their business first. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Asking for a friend: Did Drury find one of Sather’s cigars and taking his time smoking it before pulling the trigger? Or did he find a giant bone left in MSG from the last Dead concert and he’s up on the Bridge enjoying the view? C’mon man! Make something happen soon. We’re dying out here. 

Not every trade is available to every GM. Buffalo probably wasn't trading Middlestadt to the Rangers. The Rangers shouldn't spend their entire cap on Tarasenko, or give up a first for Vatrano.

All things are not equal.

3 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Ottawa is not gonna trade Brady. Captain, biggest star on a team that needs fans in the building. Also they went into this year thinking they'd be in a playoff battle at least. They aren't gonna just blow up their whole rebuild now and start from scratch. 

They're in last place again.  They've been there for most of Tkachuk's career.  I think if they were approached with a serious offer Tkachuk would be a Ranger for the next 5 seasons at least.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

They're in last place again.  They've been there for most of Tkachuk's career.  I think if they were approached with a serious offer Tkachuk would be a Ranger for the next 5 seasons at least.

That’s not a deal they’d be making in season. 

No chance.

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I mean sure, no player is untradeable at the end of the day. but they are certainly not trying to move him at all and it would take a kings ransom of an offer to even get them to stay on the phone if you bring him up.

he's a piece they want to build around. he's their franchise player. And for the other reasons I laid out, the new owner isnt going to want to give up their best player 

your not getting Tkachuk for just unkowns either. you're giving up top players and top prospects and picks.