• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Had 'Serious Interest' in Jake Guentzel; Headed to Carolina

59 minutes ago, Valriera said:

The answer to Mika and kreiders problems are Mika and kreider, not anyone we could trade for. Unless of course we’re trading Mika and Kreider for them 

Mostly agree, but if you get a drag-em-into-the-fight type, which Guentzel certainly is, it could open things up.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Mostly agree, but if you get a drag-em-into-the-fight type, which Guentzel certainly is, it could open things up.

Guentzel is really the only true game changer among available names we’ve heard

Just now, Phil said:

Bring me Guentz.

Not at the cost it will get him bc if you get him and the Rangers don’t win the Cup, you fucked with the future core of this team and would have to start a fast tracked rebuild (ala post The Letter) 

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Not at the cost it will get him bc if you get him and the Rangers don’t win the Cup, you fucked with the future core of this team and would have to start a fast tracked rebuild (ala post The Letter) 

Yeah, and if you don't, and you lose, you still got fuck all. They're built to win now, so win now.

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

25 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

As is typically the case….

You want 3-way action, it’s gonna cost ya.

And you better be creative in that scenario.

Helps too though, if you bring party favors to the shindig.

Edited by RangersIn7

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Bring me Guentz. This team needs more rat fucks to counter the milquetoast they just brought in.

Wennberg is a fine add for what they need in the bottom half of the forward group

These reporters keep missspelling  Phil Kessel.  

"The Rangers have big interest in Phil Kessel " is more likely. 

They can't extend this guy. They can't surrender the assets needed.  

It's going to be a dumpster dive for the needed RW. 

I'm guessing it's Duclair. Another non fit. 

I would rather Zucker or Olofsson if they have to go off the board. Such moves leaves room for more moves. Another winger or center and a 7 D would be a nice luxury. 

Edited by The Dude

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nah, Fuck With Tuch™

I'd take Tuch in a heartbeat as someone you you build into the new cap. Guentzel might (or might not) be better for this particular run, but it's been noted that he's not likely to hang around. Tuch fits the Drury model, it's impossible not to notice his leadership skills, and what the hell's he gonna do - demand to go back to Buffalo? Adams may be full of shit that there's even a possibility that they deal him, but if you're going to break open the piggy bank, do it for Tuch. 

Just now, The Dude said:

These reporters keep missspelling  Phil Kessel.  

"The Rangers have big interest in Phil Kessel " is more likely. 

They can't extend this guy. They can't surrender the assets needed.  

It's going to be a dumpster dive for the needed RW. 

I'm guessing it's Duclair. Another non fit. 

I would rather Zucker or Olofsson if they have to go off the board. Such moves leaves room for more moves. Another winger or center and a 6 D would be a nice luxury. 

I’d be fine with Zucker. 

We are all too hung up on “he only plays one side” thing. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I said available, Phil.

I know there’s A LOT of posts this time of year.

But let’s not get lazy folks.

Read the whole thing.

Everybody's got a price.

wwe-ted-dibiase.gif

• LMFAO 1

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

No way...I'll projectile puke if we trade for him.

Kakko would score 50 next to Sid, Othmann would kick Rempe's ass, Our #1 pick will be the "diamond in the rough" that turns out to be another Selke winner, and Perrault will be the next Joe Sakic.

Please for the love of all that's fucking holy...no Ranger Trades with Pittsburgh!

Drury would have to have rocks in his head, they are not dealing with Pittsburgh.

• TroCheckmark 1

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

No it's not.  Your "without Crosby" is 2 minutes per game in the middle of line changes.

This isn't true, but I should have done more legwork here. More than half of it is from the '21-'22 season when Crosby missed 13 games.

Prior to that, Crosby missed 28 games in '19-'20 and that's the last substantial amount of time Guentzel had away from Crosby.

guentzel-21-wo-crosby.png

Different story. However, and it's a big however, if you dig deeper, he just played with another HOF center in Malkin during that stint lol. This guy has been attached to an HOF center basically his whole career. It's a legitimate question how he does with Zibanejad, who by all accounts is not an HOF center.