• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Had 'Serious Interest' in Jake Guentzel; Headed to Carolina

1 minute ago, deejaid said:

You are right, it gets close with a Kakko trade and Goodrow buyout.   What would a Guentzel extension cost?  $7.5M x 5?

Kakko and Goodrow equate to $6.1M AAV. The cap is going up, but I forget by how much. Year after next we also have decisions on Igor coming and likely an extension on Lafreniere and Miller. So while there will be room, could be tight.

Now I know why these fucking guys put no trade clauses in their deals.  This sucks!

I'm losing years off my life watching this shit, and I have no stake in it at all, other than being a psychotic Rangers fan.  These guys have to pack their shit and change their lives in a matter of a day or 2!

Fuck this noise!

@Phil when  my contract is up, I want a FULL NMC!!  That is...if you don't trade me to Brettsky & Fat Francesa before that, for a 7th rounder and cup of Cappuccino!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Now I know why these fucking guys put no trade clauses in their deals.  This sucks!

I'm losing years off my life watching this shit, and I have no stake in it at all, other than being a psychotic Rangers fan.  These guys have to pack their shit and change their lives in a matter of a day or 2!

Fuck this noise!

@Phil when  my contract is up, I want a FULL NMC!!  ...if you don't trade me to Brettsky & Fat Francesa before that for a 7th rounder and cup of Cappuccino!!

We've got enough 7th rounders around here Oz. Think your safe!

• LMFAO 1

What a weird confluence of emotions. 

I DO NOT want to trade than many assets for a rental

I DO NOT want said rental to go to Carolina

I want Kyle Dubas to be punched in the face

I want Pavel Buchnevich

What will happen is Guentzel goes to Carolina, Vegas somehow gets Buchnevich and we end up with Tyler Motte 3.0

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Fuck this noise!

@Phil when  my contract is up, I want a FULL NMC!!  ...if you don't trade me to Brettsky & Fat Francesa before that for a 7th rounder and cup of Cappuccino!!

Just under 24 hours left.  

16 minutes ago, Flynn said:

What a weird confluence of emotions. 

I DO NOT want to trade than many assets for a rental

I DO NOT want said rental to go to Carolina

I want Kyle Dubas to be punched in the face

I want Pavel Buchnevich

What will happen is Guentzel goes to Carolina, Vegas somehow gets Buchnevich and we end up with Tyler Motte 3.0

Same boat. Very torn here.

Don't want Guentzel going somewhere we may see him down the line. Also worried about giving Pittsburgh a kick start to reset things. Also think Guentzel can be lethal here and we may even have a chance at re-signing him depending on what happens in the coming months should we acquire him.

39 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Would be extremely dumb. I go back to the usual rhetoric of "how many Cup winners in the last 20 years have swung big on a first line player and won?"

I hate the "you have to go for it every year" justification. It's what forces a team to languish in mediocrity if they don't win a Cup. You don't see good teams adding top line forwards to fill a roster hole. I would sooner let Kakko figure it out than trade a 1st, him, Othmann, or Perreault. Guentzel has put up okay numbers playing with Sidney Crosby. Meanwhile, only two forwards have ever worked with Mika and Kreider: Vatrano and Buch.

I think you're forgetting someone here...

ice hockey GIF by NHL

• Like 1

These rumors are ridiculous. The Rangers are not sending Perreault, Othmann, or Kakko to a rival.

If any of them do go, it's probably going to involve a 3rd team, and there are a lot of things that could mean.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deejaid said:

You are right, it gets close with a Kakko trade and Goodrow buyout.   What would a Guentzel extension cost?  $7.5M x 5?

looming cap increase? 8 x $10-11mil -- Nylander/Petterson just got 11+ mil... Troy Terry got 7 x 7mil 

3 minutes ago, Winter said:

looming cap increase? 8 x $10-11mil -- Nylander/Petterson just got 11+ mil... Troy Terry got 7 x 7mil 

I like Guentzel's game, but no way he is on the same level as Nylander or Petterson.  Maybe he gets $8.5M- $9M max

4 minutes ago, deejaid said:

I like Guentzel's game, but no way he is on the same level as Nylander or Petterson.  Maybe he gets $8.5M- $9M max

Well depends if Guentzel wants money or instant contention, Blackhawks will be sitting with $50mil+ in cap space looking for a winger to play with Bedard. Guentzel has no reason to negotiate an extension with the Rangers as we dont have the cap space to do it at the moment, are we trading away Lindgren this offseason? losing Goodrow contract wont be enough

17 minutes ago, deejaid said:

He's also going to be 30 at the start of next year. They other 2 will be 28 and 26 next season. 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Say No Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Rangers have a two-year window with Panarin under contract. They're in total win-now mode in a wide-open Eastern conference and a starting goalie on an extremely team-friendly contract.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bw2anynaj999w1niajh

• Keeps it 100 1