• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Had 'Serious Interest' in Jake Guentzel; Headed to Carolina

Stu Grimson on the NHL network a short time ago said he's hearing CAR is still short on the return going to the Pens and the Bunting scratch may very well be related to plan B or a different deal Carolina may have their eye on. So who the F knows. But it smells bad to me to @RichieNextel305

That hole is bigger than Nina Hartley's

• LMFAO 1

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I mean, you have to pivot to St. Louis here, no? I’ve read the reports of us not really having interest in Buchnevich. But with this happening, our top 2 competitors in the East have gotten a lot better the last 2 days.

Them or the Devils. Buchnevich or Toffoli should be top of the list here.

Either that, or go wildcard. Whatever you were comfortable giving up for Guentzel, maybe you're comfortable giving up for a player of similar caliber that we hadn't thought of yet or wasn't readily available without this bigger offer.

• Believe 1

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

Stu Grimson on the NHL network a short time ago said he's hearing CAR is still short on the return going to the Pens and the Bunting scratch may very well be related to plan B or a different deal Carolina may have their eye on. So who the F knows. But it smells bad to me to @RichieNextel305

As I’m to understand it… Nina has multiple holes for use.

So… I’m gonna have to ask that you be more specific.

2 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

As I’m to understand it… Nina has multiple holes for use.

So… I’m gonna have to ask that you be more specific.

I've heard that all three would be equivalent to throwing a hotdog down an endless hallway.

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

9 minutes ago, Scott said:

Is Michael Bunting really that great of an asset?

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

That’s leaving me scratching my head too. 

I mean I’m sure there’s more to the trade…

• Cheers 1

Kaplan says it's a done deal, should be announced after the game tonight or early in the morning. 

*Guentzel has been going hard for a bit now I believe he's due back at any time. They made a habit of showing him on the ice several times today. I think they've been holding him out knowing he was outta there 

2 minutes ago, Scott said:

Kaplan says it's a done deal, should be announced after the game tonight or early in the morning. 

*Guentzel has been going hard for a bit now I believe he's due back at any time. They made a habit of showing him on the ice several times today. I think they've been holding him out knowing he was outta there 

He was on IR. Eligible to return 3/10. But he’s been good to go for a few days.

30 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Carolina sending Bunting the other way basically ends that thought. 

Bunting makes 4.5.  Guentzel is at 6. Carolina has about 1 mill in cap space.  That's a tight squeeze. 

Posted (edited)

It’s Buch or Bust here IMO. Vatrano, I feel, would have been done by now if it were to happen. With us swinging and missing on Guentzel, I doubt Anaheim doesn’t bend us over even further. Plus, I’m now reading that instead of dealing him, they may have interest in an extension eventually too.

This isn’t good. I’m fine with us not acquiring the pieces rumored out there. But for Florida to get better and now Carolina to get better (a lot better IMO), I’m beginning to really be afraid of our chances here.

Edited by RichieNextel305

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wait. Guentzel has been on IR and isn't due back from his "upper body" injury (concussion). 

Good let him go to Carolina. Hope he has pudding head. 

Hes just not eligible to be back on the 10th and already is in a full contact practice jersey. He's fine to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bunting makes 4.5.  Guentzel is at 6. Carolina has about 1 mill in cap space.  That's a tight squeeze. 

that's not counting counting the 3 guys they waived today in ADA, Lemieux and Raanta? I think that was another ~4M

Edited by Scott

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Rangers Had 'Serious Interest' in Jake Guentzel; Headed to Carolina
21 minutes ago, Scott said:

that's not counting counting the 3 guys they waived today in ADA, Lemieux and Raanta? I think that was another ~4M

Didn't see that. Wouldn't they have to get claimed for that to help? They're all on 1 way deals. I may be mistaken, but you can't hide cap hits in the minors. 

ADA would be a nice add. I think everyone can agree on that. 

Deal Miller for Zegras. Back fill with Tony D. 

Uh Oh Reaction GIF

Edited by The Dude
  • LOL 2
  • LMFAO 1

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wait. Guentzel has been on IR and isn't due back from his "upper body" injury (concussion). 

Good let him go to Carolina. Hope he has pudding head. 

Finger injury according to Kaplan.🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Didn't see that. Wouldn't they have to get claimed for that to help? They're all on 1 way deals. I may be mistaken, but you can't hide cap hits in the minors. 

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39676844/hurricanes-activate-frederik-andersen-injured-reserve

Earlier in the day, Raanta was placed on waivers. In total, the Canes placed three players on waivers with Raanta joining defenseman Tony DeAngelo and forward Brendan Lemieux. Placing all three of them on waivers allowed the Canes to clear additional cap space ahead of the noon PT/ 3 p.m. trade deadline Friday.

CapFriendly projects that the Hurricanes will have a little more than $5.8 million in deadline cap space.

A one way deal just means the player gets paid his NHL salary even if he's sent down. Unlike a two-way where a player that gets sent down gets paid significantly less.

Edited by Scott
  • Thanks 1