• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #60] Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets — the Remp Is Too Damn High

1 minute ago, Scott said:

Guys in the booth couldn't possible simultaneously gargle Trouba's balls any more than they do. 

You'd swear the guy walked on water. As a starting point I don't hate the guy in the least but FFS. 

I mean.. he does skate on water. 

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

And yet another soft goal by Shesty to blow another shutty opportunity…I believe we’re up to 11 one goal games now…DANG!  Just imagine….

I stand corrected…14!!  14 one goal games for Shesty and only one shutty…

• The Chyt! 1

6 minutes ago, Scott said:

Guys in the booth couldn't possible simultaneously gargle Trouba's balls any more than they do. 

You'd swear the guy walked on water. As a starting point I don't hate the guy in the least but FFS. 

99% chance this was planned programming and tonight was Jacob Trouba Appreciation night in the booth.

It was so thick and heavy with like 3 video cuts in it.  It's like maybe they're building his brand.

1 minute ago, leetchy2 said:

Surprised that Breadman needs an interpertor in the post game interview? He obviously understands English, can't he speakbthe language?

Imo I don't believe he needs one at all but chooses to use one because that way he is rarely asked to speak after games. Would be good to hear his thoughts more often but as long as he keeps rolling on the ice so be it.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

99% chance this was planned programming and tonight was Jacob Trouba Appreciation night in the booth.

It was so thick and heavy with like 3 video cuts in it.  It's like maybe they're building his brand.

I think the league knows his brand he's been around forever. I would bet it's more about his birthday tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leetchy2 said:

Surprised that Breadman needs an interpertor in the post game interview? He obviously understands English, can't he speakbthe language?

Probably not confident enough with it to speak on camera.

1 hour ago, delneggs said:

Anyone with a long reach SHOULD use it to win a fight.  But I'm not saying he is a great fighter, but I am saying he did a nice job against two very tough and experienced NHL heavyweights in Martin and Deslauries, so he isn't just a chucker as you called him.  

I guess you don't understand what it means to be a chucker.

He just throws hands. He doesn't defend himself. He has no technique. He's just a puncher. 

Which is fine, he's like 20 years old. Don't get all defensive at people who are just stating facts. 

Igor seems like a changed man since the All Star Game. I know a lot of us said it was a trivial exercise for him to play in that game, but I don't know if it was playing amongst the best in the league or the confidence boost it gave him, but feels like it mentally changed his approach since that weekend. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

I guess you don't understand what it means to be a chucker.

He just throws hands. He doesn't defend himself. He has no technique. He's just a puncher. 

Which is fine, he's like 20 years old. Don't get all defensive at people who are just stating facts. 

I'm defensive because I disagree with you?  LOL.  Ok....go sit in your safe space for a while.  

15 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't think Rempe got a shift in the 3rd though. He's the odd man out very soon.

I heard Pat Verbeek was in the Rangers box watching the game tonight.  Trade coming with the Ducks? 

15 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't think Rempe got a shift in the 3rd though. He's the odd man out very soon.

I figured the Rangers were prudently shielding Rempe from any frustrations the BJ's might have had as they lost to their farm team this season.

9 minutes ago, delneggs said:

I'm defensive because I disagree with you?  LOL.  Ok....go sit in your safe space for a while.  

You're defending Rempe like he's your kid. I called him a chucker and you went all Johnny Cochran... And I need a safe space?

Relax. He's not a good fighter. It's OK. He will be. Go drink some warm milk. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

You're defending Rempe like he's your kid. I called him a chucker and you went all Johnny Cochran... And I need a safe space?

Relax. He's not a good fighter. It's OK. He will be. Go drink some warm milk. 

You got issues bro.  I simply disagreed with your take and you think that's going Johnny Cochran? What are you 15 years old?  Think what you want and go have fun in your safe space.    

He's not a good fighter.   He's tough and uses his size, but any pure puncher (Olivier) can strike early and often.   He should tread lightly for a bit.

Overall, game was frustrating and yes it sure seems CBJ have our #.

Trouba and Miller both +1.  Did feel like -12 as stated earlier by someone.

I charted Kreider again, and his two points and +1 feel hollow.    I think he may have bumped into someone at some point.  But his JJ rating tonight was Soft to Middling.   Cherry Picker, One-trick Pony Kreids gets a 5 out of 10.

Regarding the poster that keeps finishing on his forehead, good for you.   Aim high.