• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #60] Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets — the Remp Is Too Damn High

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Kreider doesn't like carbs either. That's why he has chiseled abs and can jump out of pools

Kakko can't play with Bread because he's got Celiac. 

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

If the Rangers give a snot about analytics, Trouba is the first one out the door this summer and it's not even close. What an absolute turn of events since November, when I thought he was playing at a passable level. He's easily the biggest problem on the team given cap implications.

Lindgren has shoddy analytics too, but it's new for him this year. He's still a + on defense, and has been a defensive stalwart the rest of his career. I'm not worried about him yet.

• Applause 1

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

If the Rangers give a snot about analytics, Trouba is the first one out the door this summer and it's not even close. What an absolute turn of events since November, when I thought he was playing at a passable level. He's easily the biggest problem on the team given cap implications.

Lindgren has shoddy analytics too, but it's new for him this year. He's still a + on defense, and has been a defensive stalwart the rest of his career. I'm not worried about him yet.

Trouba wont go anywhere cause of his salary and probably because he’s the captain. Miller, on the other hand…..

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

Trouba wont go anywhere cause of his salary and probably because he’s the captain. Miller, on the other hand…..

Also true, unless they can find another team who doesn't care about analytics. He's only owed 75% of his cap hit in actual salary after this year, which can be a positive for certain teams who care more about real dollars than cap hit. All depends on which teams aren't on his 15 team list.

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Also true, unless they can find another team who doesn't care about analytics. He's only owed 75% of his cap hit in actual salary after this year, which can be a positive for certain teams who care more about real dollars than cap hit. All depends on which teams aren't on his 15 team list.

Only if the rangers we’re trying to dump him, which i dont think they are interested in doing. 

18 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

We're all ignoring the possibility that Dr. Trouba will be traded to the Mayo Clinic and resolve the issue for us.

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

We're all ignoring the possibility that Dr. Trouba will be traded to the Mayo Clinic and resolve the issue for us.

Better than getting traded to the Betty Ford clinic I suppose

• LOL 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

You don't even need to go this deep, to be honest. I'm sure he's a fantastic leader and captain, but he makes $8 million fucking dollars and plays nowhere near a level commiserate with that salary. It's that simple. He doesn't produce to warrant paying him that for very much longer no matter how many other intangibles he brings. Same principle Goodrow is facing.

Just now, Phil said:

You don't even need to go this deep, to be honest. I'm sure he's a fantastic leader and captain, but he makes $8 million fucking dollars and plays nowhere near a level commiserate with that salary. It's that simple. He doesn't produce to warrant paying him that for very much longer no matter how many other intangibles he brings. Same principle Goodrow is facing.

Except Goody making 2x what he should is a 1.5 million problem rather than Trouba making 2x what he should... That's a 4 million dollar problem. That's a right wing. 

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Except Goody making 2x what he should is a 1.5 million problem rather than Trouba making 2x what he should... That's a 4 million dollar problem. That's a right wing. 

Oh, it's worse with Trouba, no doubt. I'm just saying both guys are facing down the same fundamental problem, which is that their salaries are egregious relative to their on-ice value. Drury was similar by his final year, making like $7.05 million to play on the fourth line.

Now that the Rangers have some size in the ranks they can think about moving on from Trouba and Goodrow.

Somebody has to do the physical work.  You cannot avoid that in the NHL.

I mean, I have no doubt the moment Trouba is gone, they're gonna miss him and be looking for/wishing they had someone capable of doing what he does regarding physicality/fighting/spark. Same with Goodrow. But there's a financial limit to their effectiveness that they both exceed by orders of magnitude.

If and when Trouba goes, I'm calling Anaheim about Gudas pretty much right away.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I mean, I have no doubt the moment Trouba is gone, they're gonna miss him and be looking for/wishing they had someone capable of doing what he does regarding physicality/fighting/spark. Same with Goodrow. But there's a financial limit to their effectiveness that they both exceed by orders of magnitude.

If and when Trouba goes, I'm calling Anaheim about Gudas pretty much right away.

Schneider has size.  He just needs to be put on the spot and that doesn't happen until Trouba is gone.  Also Ben Harpur has some potential.

• CK20! 1