• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #60] Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets — the Remp Is Too Damn High

1 hour ago, lefty9 said:

I have to admit ,the blue jackets have some very good talented young   forwads ,with size and grit 

And us stealing the Bread man doesn't help

That Russian line is fun to watch, could be a beast in another year or two.

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

My notes from the game:

• Saw Verbeek as soon as they opened the gates.  Something's going on with Anaheim...no doubt!
  • Rempe came out before practice in shorts and a tee shirt;  Kid looks like he can hide behind a microphone stand!  Everybody went fucking crazy when they saw him.
  • The ice was really fucking bad last night.  Never saw so many people out there fixing it during TV timeouts
  • Fox' chin is actually bigger in person!
  • So is Edstrom's.  Edstrom is a hulk by the way!  That guy gains 10 pounds of muscle and he's gonna be a force!

I watched Igor really closely last night.  I was in section 105, row 7, which is right where they come on and off the ice.  He was solid!  His was beating the play across on east/west shit, and seemed to see everything in front of him.  He got a little careless in the 2nd period where he almost fucked one away, and then in the 3rd he did!  Fucking stupid play, trying to do too much and it blew up in his face.  Other than that though, you guys can close the thread about Igor.  He's back!  His movements looked pretty good to me, with no sign of lingering injury any more!

Wasn't the best game to watch, but I'll take the win and hope we go on another 10 game tear.

One thing I thought, was the 4th line looked a little.....clunky, I guess? Just disjointed at times. Not sure, could've just been me.

My big take away was that Igor looked solid, as he has since the All Star break, and for once they held an opponent to under 40 shots!

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

Wasn't the best game to watch, but I'll take the win and hope we go on another 10 game tear.

One thing I thought, was the 4th line looked a little.....clunky, I guess? Just disjointed at times. Not sure, could've just been me.

My big take away was that Igor looked solid, as he has since the All Star break, and for once they held an opponent to under 40 shots!

Igor was super.  The defensive coverage is messy.  Lots of breakdowns and chances allowed.

Guys get lost in coverage, and we allow way too many cross ice passes to open players.  We're going to have to make some adjustments for the playoffs, because if we give up that many High danger chances, and 40 shots a game in the playoffs, it's gonna be a short ride!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

It's not just my take, it's the take of a lot of people who are smarter than you and I about this particular topic. 

But the "safe space" stuff is cute, from someone who got so triggered from me saying a guy you don't even know isn't a very good fighter. Now you're aggressively defensive lol. 

Triggered...LOL.  Parents shouldn't let their spoiled children on the internet.  

3 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Triggered...LOL.  Parents shouldn't let their spoiled children on the internet.  

Like I said, relax. 

You're losing your shit because I said something about Rempe that 10 other NHL talking heads agreed with.

Why are you so angry?

Edited by Pete

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

For the record, there was a problem with the ice last night; 

Thanks for that tidbit Ozzman, they seemed slower than norm, not Wheeler slow but off for sure to my perspective. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, mbob said:

Thanks for that tidbit Ozzman, they seemed slower than norm, not Wheeler slow but off for sure to my perspective. 

i feel like big dudes always look slow as hell on tv. they almost never skate traditionally so it just further looks odd.

1 minute ago, siddious said:

i feel like big dudes always look slow as hell on tv. they almost never skate traditionally so it just further looks odd.

no doubt!  

Also, no joke here, at one point last night I was wondering if the TV cameras were positioned differently, spanned out more or something.  2 on ones or fast breaks felt like slow motion to me, college speed vs NHL. 

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

We're going to have to make some adjustments for the playoffs, l

playoffs! Can’t wait!!  I know Lavi’s motto is to always play playoff style, but I can’t wait to see if there’s some new wrinkles, or even deeper player commitment come the start. 

25 minutes ago, mbob said:

playoffs! Can’t wait!!  I know Lavi’s motto is to always play playoff style, but I can’t wait to see if there’s some new wrinkles, or even deeper player commitment come the start. 

I have a feeling there will be a renewed commitment to the system, aggressive back checking etc. this is a playoff vet team. They've seen how good they can be when they are on their A game this year. I expect them to come out swinging when the postseason starts. 

• Applause 1

56 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

I have no confidence in our D going into the playoffs. Especially with Miller back there

It's in your head. There are several defensemen statistically worse than Miller. I understand he's the whipping boy, but he's far from the biggest problem. He actually plays with one of the bigger problems. 

Relax, they'll be fine. I've never met so many people who have no faith in a team that's been in first place all year long. 

• VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

It's in your head. There are several defensemen statistically worse than Miller. I understand he's the whipping boy, but he's far from the biggest problem. He actually plays with one of the bigger problems. 

Relax, they'll be fine. I've never met so many people who have no faith in a team that's been in first place all year long. 

Its cause we’ve been watching the games. We see mayhem on defensive end every game. 

19 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Its cause we’ve been watching the games. We see mayhem on defensive end every game. 

And there are times they cause mayhem in the offensive end which means the other team is experiencing mayhem in their end. That's what happens in hockey games. 

I think a lot of people expect end to end domination every game. I have to ask how much hockey they watch outside of the Rangers. 

Here's a list of teams who dominate every game for 60 mins:

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

And there are times they cause mayhem in the offensive end which means the other team is experiencing mayhem in their end. That's what happens in hockey games. 

I think a lot of people expect end to end domination every game. I have to ask how much hockey they watch outside of the Rangers. 

Here's a list of teams who dominate every game for 60 mins:

Unless this team will win the cup, i will keep blaming Miller for everything that is wrong with the defense.  You cant stop me 

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

We’ve been in first the entire season?  Who knew by reading on here?

• LMFAO 1

34 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Unless this team will win the cup, i will keep blaming Miller for everything that is wrong with the defense.  You cant stop me 

I've never been able to stop you from being wrong, so I'm not going to try and start now!