• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #60] Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets — the Remp Is Too Damn High

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

99% chance this was planned programming and tonight was Jacob Trouba Appreciation night in the booth.

It was so thick and heavy with like 3 video cuts in it.  It's like maybe they're building his brand.

they said it was Trouba spotlight night at the start. 

49 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't think Rempe got a shift in the 3rd though. He's the odd man out very soon.

Agreed. Can’t skate well enough to get a shift in a tight game. Hopefully it comes at some point for him.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

While we may not view them as such, Columbus definitely views us as a big rival, perhaps their biggest. I hardly ever see them play with so much tenacity with or without the puck. They were stifling and were itching to start stuff. 

Umm… why? 

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

Umm… why? 

No idea. Maybe because it's New York and that just get pumped up to play us. Whatever it is it's evident when watching them play us compared to most. Just extra tenacity and aggressiveness. They definitely don't seem to care for us too much.

That team and fanbase hates Pittsburgh more than any other team. The proximity isn’t that far, the Pens at their peak used to pack out Nationwide and they have playoff history. For a franchise that hasn’t made many playoff appearances since their inception, Pittsburgh playing them more than once and being in the same division has built a “rivalry.”

I went there 2 years after we got Nash and Nash was having a good year. And at that point, there was some hatred toward us and toward him for wanting out. So there was some fire, but not much. I just think right now, the style they play is fast which is a pace the Rangers do have some trouble matching. And at the end of the day, we are an elite team in this league and a team that I think other teams get up to play. Especially when it’s in MSG.

8 hours ago, Br4d said:

99% chance this was planned programming and tonight was Jacob Trouba Appreciation night in the booth.

It was so thick and heavy with like 3 video cuts in it.  It's like maybe they're building his brand.

Maybe he's speaking w Hank and will be offering his own man perfume. I hear it takes a long time to develop a fragrance though.

8 hours ago, delneggs said:

You got issues bro.  I simply disagreed with your take and you think that's going Johnny Cochran? What are you 15 years old?  Think what you want and go have fun in your safe space.    

It's not just my take, it's the take of a lot of people who are smarter than you and I about this particular topic. 

But the "safe space" stuff is cute, from someone who got so triggered from me saying a guy you don't even know isn't a very good fighter. Now you're aggressively defensive lol. 

Edited by Pete

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

While we may not view them as such, Columbus definitely views us as a big rival, perhaps their biggest. I hardly ever see them play with so much tenacity with or without the puck. They were stifling and were itching to start stuff. 

7 hours ago, siddious said:

Umm… why? 

I know spending a lot of time here you wouldn't realize, but the Rangers are one of the best teams in the league. Every team gets pumped up to play them. 

57 minutes ago, Pete said:

I know spending a lot of time here you wouldn't realize, but the Rangers are one of the best teams in the league. Every team gets pumped up to play them. 

I know. I was just saying as long as I can remember, Columbus really gets up to play the Rangers in general. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Pumped up to play I can understand. “Big rival” I’m not so sure about. 

Just now, lefty9 said:

I have to admit ,the blue jackets have some very good talented young   forwads ,with size and grit 

And us stealing the Bread man doesn't help

They do. They've kind of been fucked over with injuries for the last couple of years or so.

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Pumped up to play I can understand. “Big rival” I’m not so sure about. 

I agree, I don't think they see us as rivals, however it's a divisional game against one of the best in the league. They're going to get up for it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Where’s post-game @Ozzy? He might be in jail or lower 11th Ave with an ‘evening lady’ still working him in the car. Either way, I hope you’re ok man. 🤣

No way he made it past pregame warmups.

probbaly shouted something as they came out for it and got ejected 

that is if he even made it into msg with Dolan doing facial recognition. 

Edited by siddious
  • LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

2 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Where’s post-game @Ozzy? He might be in jail or lower 11th Ave with an ‘evening lady’ still working him in the car. Either way, I hope you’re ok man. 🤣

He's workin on it. Give him some time.

Between scaring away the 23 year old twins with daddy issues who are - for some reason - still in his house at 9am, and dealing with the wicked hangover from taking a shot every time Elvis Merzlikins made a save, he's got shit to do before the QOTD.

• LOL 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I'm really glad we're done playing these fucking guys; It's hard to believe that they're a last place bottom feeding team!

Granted, we should've had 3 goals in the 1st period, and put them away early, but they played us tough and made it a nail-biter the whole way.

Igor to the rescue and other than a boneheaded play to gift-wrap a goal for the BJ's, he was simply on top of his game again!

...and here are the Top 23 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by State Farm...for that insurance goal...that never comes!! 

14 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Elvis aint leakin' very much

14 hours ago, phillyb said:

Panarin thinking about how Bure should have lifted it in 94. 

14 hours ago, mbob said:

Fox on the bench looking like he just got dumped by his girl. 

14 hours ago, Dem said:

He has been quite mopey n not playing like himself lately. Maybe he got herpes or something n is disappointed in himself

14 hours ago, mbob said:

@Ozzy forgot the “on net” part shouting to Mika. 

13 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Elvis is the building. 

13 hours ago, knedragon said:

Versleaking looking like Vezina 

13 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

We better not get shutout against a name I can’t even fucking pronounce

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Co-lum-bus

13 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I feel like Roslovic is auditioning for us. Just skating his ass off and then giving Lavi the puppy dog eyes like "please get me out of Ohio, I'll do anything"

13 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

What bizarro universe do we live in that the refs are starting to get the calls right?

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Upon review, we don't know what we're doing.

12 hours ago, ausman said:

I like Michelle Gingras … on a number of levels.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

Edstrom vs. Fox in a chin-off.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

You think if she pulls on the elastic of the neck, steam comes out?

12 hours ago, siddious said:

Another 4 years of marinating and he will be in prime position to run for president 

12 hours ago, Dem said:

I'm old and I gotta get up at 4. These humps better make it worth my while

12 hours ago, knedragon said:

Anyone seen Trouba’s jock ?

12 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I'm amazed that Chris Kreider has played hockey since he was 5, has been an NHLer for 12 years, and still has no fucking idea where the blue line is.

12 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

I'd like to see an insurance goal brought to you by State Farm.

12 hours ago, fletch said:

Is there such a thing as sports Tourette syndrome?  Because I just keep dropping random F bombs while watching this game.

11 hours ago, knedragon said:

4-1 and feels like Trouba / Miller were like minus 12 … lol

11 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

This game was like the money shot that somehow ends up on your own forehead. 

Quite the GDT tonight, fellas!! 

Nothing like having to sweat one out against a last place team.  But that is NOT a bad team.  They played us tough, and kept the pressure on pretty much all night.  We had a chance to put them away early, but Elvis was simply unreal!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @fletch, who edged out that whole Fox's chin conversation by a hair to take the honors tonight!  I sometimes have the same symptoms while watching these games....just add in the occasional remote fling across the room!

It was pretty fun night.  I saw Pat Verbeek roaming around before the game, and I knew what that was probably about.  A lot of the fans recognized him and he talked to some of them on his way up to the executive suites.  Also I didn't realize I was standing next to Gustavson's wife at the early shoot around.  Gus has 2 little girls that were wearing #56 with "Daddy" on the back.  ...kinda figured it out from there!  😉

For the record, there was a problem with the ice last night;  the maintenence guys were out there during every single TV timeout trying to fix gashes in the surface; mostly around center ice.  The ice was really chippy, and I was noticing how many players were looking down at it during the game.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 1

11 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

He's workin on it. Give him some time.

Between scaring away the 23 year old twins with daddy issues who are - for some reason - still in his house at 9am, and dealing with the wicked hangover from taking a shot every time Elvis Merzlikins made a save, he's got shit to do before the QOTD.

This would have won, if I saw it in time!!  LOL

My notes from the game:

• Saw Verbeek as soon as they opened the gates.  Something's going on with Anaheim...no doubt!
  • Rempe came out before practice in shorts and a tee shirt;  Kid looks like he can hide behind a microphone stand!  Everybody went fucking crazy when they saw him.
  • The ice was really fucking bad last night.  Never saw so many people out there fixing it during TV timeouts
  • Fox' chin is actually bigger in person!
  • So is Edstrom's.  Edstrom is a hulk by the way!  That guy gains 10 pounds of muscle and he's gonna be a force!

I watched Igor really closely last night.  I was in section 105, row 7, which is right where they come on and off the ice.  He was solid!  His was beating the play across on east/west shit, and seemed to see everything in front of him.  He got a little careless in the 2nd period where he almost fucked one away, and then in the 3rd he did!  Fucking stupid play, trying to do too much and it blew up in his face.  Other than that though, you guys can close the thread about Igor.  He's back!  His movements looked pretty good to me, with no sign of lingering injury any more!

• Applause 1
  • Believe 1

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

My notes from the game:

• Saw Verbeek as soon as they opened the gates.  Something's going on with Anaheim...no doubt!
  • Rempe came out before practice in shorts and a tee shirt;  Kid looks like he can hide behind a microphone stand!  Everybody went fucking crazy when they saw him.
  • The ice was really fucking bad last night.  Never saw so many people out there fixing it during TV timeouts
  • Fox' chin is actually bigger in person!
  • So is Edstrom's.  Edstrom is a hulk by the way!  That guy gains 10 pounds of muscle and he's gonna be a force!

I watched Igor really closely last night.  I was in section 105, row 7, which is right where they come on and off the ice.  He was solid!  His was beating the play across on east/west shit, and seemed to see everything in front of him.  He got a little careless in the 2nd period where he almost fucked one away, and then in the 3rd he did!  Fucking stupid play, trying to do too much and it blew up in his face.  Other than that though, you guys can close the thread about Igor.  He's back!  His movements looked pretty good to me, with no sign of lingering injury any more!

something tells me that when you watch something closely, your eyes go from side ways to behind your head