• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #60] Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets — the Remp Is Too Damn High

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

REGULAR SEASON GAME #60 — 2/28/24

NYR Logo Reflection vs Opponent Logo

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: MSG, BSOH
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_BrooksieMollieeWalkerr@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@StapeAthletic

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/bluejackets

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

39-17-3 (81 Points)

1st — Metropolitan

20-7-0

19-10-3

1-2

9-1-0

L!

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+34 (5th)

3.32 (9th)

2.73 (6th)

24.9% (6th)

82.9% (5th)

49.3% (20th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Artemi Panarin (33)

Artemi Panarin (46)

Artemi Panarin (79)

Chris Kreider (+20)

Jacob Trouba (48)

Adam Fox (23:09)

Vincent Trocheck (21:25)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider / Mika Zibanejad A / Jimmy Vesey

Artemi Panarin A  / Vincent Trocheck / Alexis Lafreniere

Will Cuylle / Jonny Brodzinski / Kaapo Kakko

Adam Edstrom / Barclay Goodrow A / Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox A
K'Andre Miller / Jacob Trouba C
Erik Gustafsson / Braden Schneider

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

25-12-1

Healthy Scratches:

Zac Jones, Alex Belzile

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Filip Chytil [LTIR] — Died again; Out for season

Blake Wheeler [LTIR] — Leg snapped like a twig; Out for season

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

19-28-10 (48 Points)

8th — Metropolitan

10-15-4

9-13-6

2-1

4-5-1

W1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

-40 (28th)

2.95 (22nd)

3.67 (31st)

14.6% (29th)

76.6% (25th)

48.2% (22nd)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Boone Jenner (18)

Johnny Gaudreau (34)

Johnny Gaudreau (42)

Dmitri Voronkov (+6)

Erik Gudbranson (57)

Zach Werenski (24:17)

Boone Jenner (19:44)

Starting Lineup:^

Johnny Gaudreau / Boone Jenner C / Jack Roslovic
Yegor Chinakhov / Dmitri Voronkov / Kirill Marchenko
Kent Johnson / Cole Sillinger / Alex Nylander
Justin Danforth / Sean Kuraly A / Mathieu Olivier

Zach Werenski A / Adam Boqvist
Ivan Provorov / Damon Severson
Jake Bean / Erik Gudbranson A

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Elvis Merzlikins

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

11-12-7

Healthy Scratches:

Alexandre Texier, Andrew Peeke

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Adam Fantilli [IR] — Leg laceration, out indefinitely

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

“I’m 21, so I’m going to play my heart out every time, every game, every practice. I love this game. … I love every aspect of it. I’d love to be a New York Ranger for a long time, but I want to take it day by day. I don't know what tomorrow brings. I don't know what the next day brings. If I just do my job, that's all I can control.”

- Matt Rempe

GIF to LOL:

bruce lee fighting GIF by BrownSugarApp

• LMFAO 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

I'm worried about Rempe. Just as quickly as the good vibes around him went around the league, the book is now out that this guy just can't fight. He's just a chucker who can't defend himself.

He's going to need a lot of seasoning, or he's going to wind up with more than a black eye. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm worried about Rempe. Just as quickly as the good vibes around him went around the league, the book is now out that this guy just can't fight. He's just a chucker who can't defend himself.

He's going to need a lot of seasoning, or he's going to wind up with more than a black eye. 

I don’t think this is that uncommon for new fighters in the NHL. Especially guys with that size who have probably bullied their way through high school or juniors or wherever he came from. He’s got work to do. But you gotta love the energy and willingness. 

I am hoping laviolette tells him to slow down for his own good. He has shown he can play a 4th line role too. Lean on that, pick your spots and work on better technique. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think he'll learn, Pete.  If I were him, I'd be looking or seeking out players that have played his role in the past and doing everything I could to learn how to make it so I wasn't just a "chucker".

The kid seems very hell bent on being an NHL player, so I won't put it past him.  I think the kid has a future here, and to be short-sighted and have this kid brawl with everyone on a nightly basis is silly.  I think Lavvy will keep him under control a little better as we move forward.  Besides, in a week or so, he'll most likely be back in the A sharpening up some more for next season.

He'd be best tonight focussing on playing his 4th line role well, and getting us a "W".  Possibly even getting another point in the process.

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think he'll learn, Pete.  If I were him, I'd be looking or seeking out players that have played his role in the past and doing everything I could to learn how to make it so I wasn't just a "chucker".

The kid seems very hell bent on being an NHL player, so I won't put it past him.  I think the kid has a future here, and to be short-sighted and have this kid brawl with everyone on a nightly basis is silly.  I think Lavvy will keep him under control a little better as we move forward.  Besides, in a week or so, he'll most likely be back in the A sharpening up some more for next season.

He'd be best tonight focussing on playing his 4th line role well, and getting us a "W".  Possibly even getting another point in the process.

I mean of course he's going to learn, but that's not going to help him tonight lol. 

• Keeps it 100 1

I want them to come out and blow the doors off this team. Every game with them has been a battle. The game we won we tied up super late and won in a shootout. So we are dangerously close to being 0-3 against this team. It’s our last game against them this year. They just ended your long winning streak. Come out fast, come out strong and beat the everloving shit out of them.

• TroCheckmark 1

27 minutes ago, siddious said:

I don’t think this is that uncommon for new fighters in the NHL. Especially guys with that size who have probably bullied their way through high school or juniors or wherever he came from. He’s got work to do. But you gotta love the energy and willingness. 

I am hoping laviolette tells him to slow down for his own good. He has shown he can play a 4th line role too. Lean on that, pick your spots and work on better technique. 

Rempe apparently didn't fight a lot when he was younger. He's going to have to take real lessons if he continues to at the NHL level because he 100% can't defend himself and it's going to get him seriously hurt.

Hopefully this is just opening week/two week jitters and excitement and he settles down. If not, his career could end before it really starts. lol He's had a very dramatic/exciting first week in the league with the outdoor game and everything. I would think the coaching staff would talk to him about it, if they haven't already.

I don't get the impression that we'll see a Rempe fight tonight unless something just happens organically. As much as he's tuning out the noise, everyone in the hockey world is practically pleading for him to just not do this every game. He also wants to play hockey. Laviolette wants him to play hockey: "He's not learning in the (penalty) box," Laviolette noted. I think he'll be spending more time on the ice than in the penalty box tonight.

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

34 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Rempe's got to learn how to stay on his skates at the end.  Landing on the ice with somebody on top of you is concussion central.

That's part of learning how to defend yourself. John Scott had a lot of insight into this on his own podcast. If you just search John Scott Matt Rempe I'm sure some blogs have the important stuff paraphrased.

I'm going to get there early tonight and have a chat with him through the glass!

Then I'm gonna grab Mika, kick him in the fucking balls, and tell him if he doesn't shoot the puck, I'm gonna meet him after the game on the "playground"!!  😃

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Cant fight?  Because he lost a fight to a good fighter?  Matt Martin is a good hockey fighter and Nic Deslauriers is a very good hockey fighter and he did really well against both of them beating them both, so I think he is more than a "chucker". And Olivias face was bleeding after that fight as well, so not like he didn't take some punches himself.  Rempe's face is so beat up because he has taken punches from 3 very tough customers in a short period of time. But, I agree he needs to protect himself better if he is going to fight NHL enforcers for a living. Hopefully he comes to play hockey first and only drop the gloves when its needed, to protect himself or a teammate.

• Applause 1

46 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm going to get there early tonight and have a chat with him through the glass!

Then I'm gonna grab Mika, kick him in the fucking balls, and tell him if he doesn't shoot the puck, I'm gonna meet him after the game on the "playground"!!  😃

Presumptuous of you to think Mika had balls. Or that they’re not in kreiders purse. 

• LMFAO 1
  • TroCheckmark 1