• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#55) Rangers @ New York Islanders — the One With the Big Ass Jersey Numbers

Phil

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mean. You're not really wrong. But it can also be classified as a gutsy,  lucky come from behind, one goal, OT win. 

Panarin didn't give up and he attacked the net all the way to the doorstep. I hope he has changed a lot of people's minds about what kind of player he is. 

He's the team MVP and probably the only player that seems to give any extra effort anymore (besides Cuylle) and Trocheck). He just doesn't give up very often. 

Nope. Playoffs or meaningless.

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'm hoping April 15th rolls around and Bread shaves his head again.  That dude is the one we need going into the tournament.

• BREAD! 2

All in all, there's little to like about the game in total, but the thing to like? 

They got punched in the dick three times, and got back up. They got punched again, they got back up. And then, they held it together long enough to win this game. 

I saw a team that dragged themselves into a game that in the past, they'd have said "we're done" - they earned penalties, they scored goals, they made the Islanders panic. 

Gimme that W.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 3

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

This is a statement simply for the sake of you not being wrong. It's about pride and nothing else. 

No. You’ve read enough about it needing to be in the playoffs to know this is a low effort troll reply at this stage. Do better.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

No. You’ve read enough about it needing to be in the playoffs to know this is a low effort troll reply at this stage. Do better.

Wait, you are telling other people that their effort is low and to do better...when your only response for being wrong all season about every prediction you had about his regular season is now "only playoffs matter"?

The irony is thick as Hank's wrench. 

Look man, I'm not coming at you too hard. We all say a lot of stuff here. A lot of it is wrong. You have no problem keeping receipts, so man up when yours are getting called.

42 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I was watching some stuff on Instagram and Mike Keenan and Messier, along with the McDonald family visited during one of the intermissions. That was cool.

Can you share a link. I'd like to check that out. 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

@Pete should agree here.  After all. Theres no data or proof to support that this guy is going to keep playing this good in the playoffs. 

It can't be proven. ...  It hasn’t happened yet. So.. Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

Edited by The Dude

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

Insane that panarin tied his goal-high and there’s still what.. 30 games to go?

27. Yes, it's great that he'll top 40 this season.  Hoping for 50, but that's unlikely unless he gets ridiculously hot. Still, what a season from him.

I have to say there was no way I thought the Rangers were going to pull that off. Pulling Igor once OK twice no way great job New York Rangers. I hope they keep this going. Do you think this might be a game changer for the rest of the year??? let’s hope.

Ranger Ed 

As an aside from the score,  while I wasn't a fan of the sweaters when they first came out I thought they looked great in the bright environment. Not sure they would look as good indoors, but fantastic today.💪

Just now, Scott said:

As an aside from the score,  while I wasn't a fan of the sweaters when they first came out I thought they looked great in the bright environment. Not sure they would look as good indoors, but fantastic today.💪

None of the Stadium Series jerseys were that great. They all felt very low effort. Having said that, I thought the Rangers were pretty solid, very clean look. Not great, but not horrible, basically how I feel about the new third jerseys. They'll probably wear them at least one more time indoors. I think they've done that with all of the previous uniforms worn in the outdoor games.

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

None of the Stadium Series jerseys were that great. They all felt very low effort. Having said that, I thought the Rangers were pretty solid, very clean look. Not great, but not horrible, basically how I feel about the new third jerseys. They'll probably wear them at least one more time indoors. I think they've done that with all of the previous uniforms worn in the outdoor games.

Certainly agree on the low effort just thought the white compared to the dark piles and devils were night and day better.