• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#55) Rangers @ New York Islanders — the One With the Big Ass Jersey Numbers

Phil

26 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It would have been interesting to see what would've happened if he stuck around with the Rangers. 

He couldn’t co-exist with Neil Smith, or for that matter, anyone who would’ve been the GM anywhere.

Keenan wanted full control. 
He left Chicago cause they took the HC job away from him after he’d taken the Hawks to SCF, because Darryl Sutter was on his coaching staff and the Hawks were starting to get calls on Sutter and they didn’t want to lose him.

He left NY because he knew he’d never be the GM.

He wound up choosing STL because they were willing to let him do both jobs.

Hes said multiple times in the subsequent 30 years that leaving NY was a huge mistake and that his behavior and attitude at the time were wrong. 

5 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He couldn’t co-exist with Neil Smith, or for that matter, anyone who would’ve been the GM anywhere.

Keenan wanted full control. 
He left Chicago cause they took the HC job away from him after he’d taken the Hawks to SCF, because Darryl Sutter was on his coaching staff and the Hawks were starting to get calls on Sutter and they didn’t want to lose him.

He left NY because he knew he’d never be the GM.

He wound up choosing STL because they were willing to let him do both jobs.

Hes said multiple times in the subsequent 30 years that leaving NY was a huge mistake and that his behavior and attitude at the time were wrong. 

He would be correct. lol

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'd say you deserve any win where you come back from four down. They showed an incredible amount of resiliency. I don't understand why you don't give them credit for that and you only look at the negative, but that's been your perception for a while.

You said more about Panarin regarding the regular season and how he was destined for a decline, and since you were wrong about that you're now defaulting to "well, only playoffs matter". You also fired up the trade Panarin thread when his production "dipped" from 140 point pace to "only" 100 point pace. He's now on pace for about 47 goals and 110 points. 

Maybe you should just try enjoying his regular season for what it is, being that you yourself just admitted the playoffs aren't a pullable receipt right now. It's just your default position because you're being proven wrong about his regular season. 

They were never down 4 yesterday, so I guess you didn't watch the game. Since you missed it, they graciously received two PPs (the first of which was a ticky tack call to make the game interesting - mission accomplished) in the last 5 minutes and pulled Shesterkin for both in order to tie a game they got thoroughly outplayed in every other facet of the game. That's not a repeatable recipe for winning. That's called luck.

I recall you disagreeing when I said back in early November that it was very unlikely for Panarin to keep up a ridiculous 145 point pace. Should I go pull that receipt? Listen, it's not my fault you read posts talking about odds or likeliness of certain things to happen (e.g., a 32 year old player is more likely to decline than get better - which is going to be a true statement in the vast majority of situations), and you can't distinguish the difference between that and guarantees or certainties. I think you know that, but you're just being a troll. It's fine. We're all used to it!

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He would be correct. lol

Yeah 

Keenan was never a bad guy. Just too much ego and a little too selfish 

But that all came out of the fact that he had a way of doing things and it was amazingly successful. 

The Miracle at the "Meadowlands"!!!  If there's one thing we've learned from this bunch of wackos this year, it's that they're NEVER out of it!!

We got kicked in the balls 3 different times in this one, as G Man stated, and still dug in and came back to humiliate the Islanders! 

This one wasn't for the faint of heart, and it also was no Picasso.  It was a game filled with bonehead plays, sloppy defense, and mental fuck ups.  Yet it's probably going to go down as one of the best highlights of this season!!

And here are the Top 14 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Miracle Whip!  Yes, Virginia, what we witnessed, I believe can be classified as such!

20 hours ago, Br4d said:

I'd love to see Laf with a tailwind.  Might get an honest to God breakaway out of him.

18 hours ago, siddious said:

Can someone please shave the back of palmieris neck I mean Jesus Christ someone has to say something 

17 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Rookie call up from Hartford

17 hours ago, knedragon said:

Jolly GreenGiant’s Grandson 

17 hours ago, mbob said:

Only thing worse than this first period is listening to Ray Ferraro. STFU,

17 hours ago, Keirik said:

wtf music is this ? I thought someone was slaughtering a chicken 

17 hours ago, ausman said:

Geez.  All we need is Taylor Swift to turn this into a real turd.

17 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

After seeing Subban's coat,I'd check all the area zoos to make sure all the gorillas still have their fur!

17 hours ago, knedragon said:

It’s sucks Wheeler got hurt , with the 15 mph tail winds maybe he could have skated with the shovel girls .

15 hours ago, fletch said:

...and that’s why you didn’t turn the game off.

15 hours ago, Pete said:

Sick third line center no?

#notmynumberonecenter

15 hours ago, ausman said:

Emily decided to wear some make up and earrings for this one.  Must be a special occasion.

15 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Still not sure how we won that game. Don't care. Fuck the Isles.

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The one thing that would've made this even better is if Sam Rosen called it. He would've totally flipped. 😆 Instead we get Nyquil calling the action.

The Islanders are gonna feel this one for a long time, and that's fine by me!  Credit to Matt Martin for giving the Rempe kid a little initiation, and also for getting his ass whooped in doing so.

Some absolutely great resilience from the crew today in finding the touch;  Better late than never, and yessir..."Just Win Baby".  It was sloppy, but everything about these type of games is about entertainment, I think.  We got plenty of that today!!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Vegas @VegasRanger!!  Is it just me, or does anyone else wanna see Messier just drop the mittens one time, and punch him right in the face?

What a day!  If you went, you saw a doozy!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • CK20! 1
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Even though, according to the rules, the Panarin goal was going to count, I was still expecting it to get overturned. 🤣 Appropriately crazy way to end an insane game like that.

It’s literally one of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen.

37 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

They were never down 4 yesterday, so I guess you didn't watch the game. 

I stopped reading here because it's obvious you're not prepared to have an adult conversation. It was a nice 1.5 weeks trying to get along with you, but you couldn't handle your bad takes getting called out.

You can go back to being constantly miserable whiner, and I'll enjoy the rest of the season. 

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

I stopped reading here because it's obvious you're not prepared to have an adult conversation. It was a nice 1.5 weeks trying to get along with you, but you couldn't handle your bad takes getting called out.

You can go back to being constantly miserable whiner, and I'll enjoy the rest of the season. 

Sure Jan GIF

12 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

It’s not a pride thing or a man up thing. It’s just a common sense thing. “Can he do it in the playoffs for the Rangers” is not a pullable receipt right now. You’ve been trying to at various points during the regular season, and it’s really low effort. You know it too. Do better.

You should try enjoying the win for what it was today like I did. Lucky and undeserved, but I don’t give a shit because it was against a hated rival and their fans got sent home sad after blowing hundreds or thousands of dollars to sit in cold weather for 4 hours.

I would not categorize yesterday as lucky or undeserved. The Islanders slipped up, and we made them pay. To me, that’s what good teams do. They capitalize on opportunities when given opportunities. Not every game is going to be a 60-minute masterpiece. And quite frankly, the Islanders needed that game way more than we did. So it wasn’t surprising to see them come out flying, for that reason and the fact that they get up for us. But I was impressed with how they stuck with, how they got back to their game after the time out and began to slowly but surely chip away on them as the game wore on. And that includes Igor too. I think they did what good teams do: they found a way to win.

• Believe 1

22 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I really enjoyed seeing that shot of Laviolette getting all pumped up on the bech after the win!  That kind of passion is what makes it fun for me to watch!

Yes, indeed. This was also his first win in an outdoor game in five tries, so I'm sure he was elated to get that monkey off his back.

I just enjoyed taking a look at the real time melt down on the Goylundah's board at hockeysfuture.  If the FBI is monitoring it, Scott Mayfield is going to be eligible for Secret Service protection.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I really enjoyed seeing that shot of Laviolette getting all pumped up on the bech after the win!  That kind of passion is what makes it fun for me to watch!

Dang I must have been too busy celebrating myself and missed it. I’ll have to go to the tape now. 

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Sure Jan GIF

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

The Rangers winning with Zib tying it and Panarin getting the OT winner is at nightmare scenario for your narrative, and quite plainly you are butthurt. 

Take the rest of the day off. We'll be fine without you. 

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I thought that was just a long-delayed shiver.  Dude looked cold on the bench every time they went to him.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Felt like that walking out lol

But yeah I’d say maybe like 75-25 sounds right. At least in the upper deck

Yeah I would say the same thing, a bunch of people asked me how many Rangers fans they thought were there and I said 60000 which is 75% of 80000

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I would not categorize yesterday as lucky or undeserved. The Islanders slipped up, and we made them pay. To me, that’s what good teams do. They capitalize on opportunities when given opportunities. Not every game is going to be a 60-minute masterpiece. And quite frankly, the Islanders needed that game way more than we did. So it wasn’t surprising to see them come out flying, for that reason and the fact that they get up for us. But I was impressed with how they stuck with, how they got back to their game after the time out and began to slowly but surely chip away on them as the game wore on. And that includes Igor too. I think they did what good teams do: they found a way to win.

Not 'lucky'

But not the kind of performance that inspires confidence in a deep playoff run