• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#55) Rangers @ New York Islanders — the One With the Big Ass Jersey Numbers

Phil

1 minute ago, Dem said:

This team needs changes to win in the playoffs. A team w talent would have killed them. It's a win but I'm prob less optimistic than before the game. I'm a big rah rah guy w this team over the years but they are missing drive n grit this year (like the last few). 

I don’t know man, Igor lets a really soft one in then some weak ones so the teams play sort of reflects on him if you ask me. They played shitty on defense but that kind of goaltending gets in your head. If Quick was in net or normal Igor this game plays out way different. 

Normally I’d agree with the won while playing like shit sentiment but any time Edmonton and Calgary play each other, nobody cares how they’re playing. It’s about winning in those big rivalry games and they did just that

1 hour ago, mbob said:

I don’t know man, Igor lets a really soft one in then some weak ones so the teams play sort of reflects on him if you ask me. They played shitty on defense but that kind of goaltending gets in your head. If Quick was in net or normal Igor this game plays out way different. 

It's why I didn't like Quick playing the Montreal game with Igor coming off his best start of the season. He goes almost a week without playing, then you put him in these conditions.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Valriera said:

Normally I’d agree with the won while playing like shit sentiment but any time Edmonton and Calgary play each other, nobody cares how they’re playing. It’s about winning in those big rivalry games and they did just that

Yes, exactly. Those games remind me of Rangers/Islanders games, they are fun and unpredictable. 

1 minute ago, mbob said:

You may be right Bob. I just keep the same pattern over and over w this team. We play our fancy game and if a decent coach w a good plan shuts us down offensively we can't adapt n overcome.

That said our goaltending was weak and I think your point is valid

1 minute ago, Dem said:

You may be right Bob. I just keep the same pattern over and over w this team. We play our fancy game and if a decent coach w a good plan shuts us down offensively we can't adapt n overcome.

That said our goaltending was weak and I think your point is valid

Im also in agreement with you though. I’d go all out this trade deadline getting as much win now as I could with coaches direction. Then I blow up some core this offseason we don’t get it done. 

• Keeps it 100 1

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Dude. The goal song sounds fucking SIIIICK with that many people "Heying" along (they're really "Blakes"). 

Does this count as one of this "lucky" one goal wins? 

This is a lucky, come-from-behind, one goal, OT win.

• Bullseye 1

In the past when the Islanders played the Rangers, and played them tough, Rangers had a habit of just getting the game out of the way and moving on. For me, today was a good sign. They earned the 2 points on.

But these outdoor games are not my favorite.

10 minutes ago, Br4d said:

This is a lucky, come-from-behind, one goal, OT win.

I mean. You're not really wrong. But it can also be classified as a gutsy,  lucky come from behind, one goal, OT win. 

Panarin didn't give up and he attacked the net all the way to the doorstep. I hope he has changed a lot of people's minds about what kind of player he is. 

He's the team MVP and probably the only player that seems to give any extra effort anymore (besides Cuylle) and Trocheck). He just doesn't give up very often. 

Edited by The Dude