• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

14 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Kirill Marchenko (no clue who this guy is) scored a hatty against the Canes and just buried his shootout attempt

Just saw that on  on the fly. Impressive. 8 goals (no assists) in 15 games. Rookie too.

Bruins just tore the Ducks to pieces....

Man, that's how you do it!  The Bruins just took a huge dump all over the Ducks last night.  Taking care of business and doing everything right.  If they don't at least get to the Finals, it'll be a huge disappointment.  That team is good!  I know the Ducks are horrible, but they hardly touched the puck all game in the offensive zone.

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

Boston is on pace to smash the regular season win record of 62. On pace for 66 wins this season. Crazy how dominant they are.

They have this crazy forechecking system that makes it seem like they have 7 players on the ice!!!  They rotate the weak side defenseman, and when they dump it in, they go after it with 2 forwards, and the 3rd forward hangs just a little higher, in kind of a triangle.

When the opposition tries to wind it around the boards the opposite way, the defenseman pinches down a little bit and the high forward (F3) drops back to the defense position and the other defenseman slides over to support the pinching D man! 

It's pretty cool to watch!  Anaheim couldn't even breathe in that game last night, and the Sharks got pounded into the boards all night, the game before.  I would take a lesson from watching them forecheck.  They're unreal.

Oh, and Pastrnak actually hits the net with his one-timers...hence the hat trick in the 2nd period.  He could've had 11 goals last night!!  LOL

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Bruins just tore the Ducks to pieces....

Man, that's how you do it!  The Bruins just took a huge dump all over the Ducks last night.  Taking care of business and doing everything right.  If they don't at least get to the Finals, it'll be a huge disappointment.  That team is good!  I know the Ducks are horrible, but they hardly touched the puck all game in the offensive zone.

Apparently a “Yankees suck” chant went up during this game. 

so random lol

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

Apparently a “Yankees suck” chant went up during this game. 

so random lol

Yeah, I was watching it when it started....tons of B's fans in Anaheim for this game.  When Pasta got the hat trick, there were a ton of hats thrown on the ice!  Nice to see the Ducks drawing tons of local support!  LOL

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah, I was watching it when it started....tons of B's fans in Anaheim for this game.  When Pasta got the hat trick, there were a ton of hats thrown on the ice!  Nice to see the Ducks drawing tons of local support!  LOL

Lmao that’s so much worse than the potvin sucks chant 

Edited by siddious

This is cool. Petr Cech (former football goalkeeper) has been playing goalie in English lower leagues after he retired from football. He's a friend of Petr Mrazek, so he got to join in on a Blackhawks training.

For those who don't know, Cech is the greatest goalkeeper that's ever played in the English PL. (Don't listen to whatever @Keirik and @Cash or Czech says about it).

12 hours ago, Valriera said:

McDavid is just....just wow. 

I remember about 15 years ago there was panic north of the border because there were no Canadians in the top 10 in scoring.  Never mind.

After glorious and improbable Rangers win tonight, I switched to the Islanders game to find that their 1-0 3rd period lead had become a 2-1 deficit.  As if I hadn't been feeling warm and fuzzy enough.  I enjoyed Lou Nanne's color on the Wild broadcasts of Islanders and Rangers games.  He was really familiar with all of the Rangers, perhaps going back to being close friend of Slats.

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's a different time than the 80's and Wayne and before my time as a fan, but I feel like I'm watching a modern day Wayne Gretzky in McDavid. Edmonton has had so many dynamic offensive players in their history. I wonder what that's like. 😆

No doubt, Sharpy!  McDavid is absolutely fun and amazing to watch.  I was fortunate enough to catch Gretzky's entire career...He was a man among boys, an absolute magician!  He actually had a season where he scored 215 points.

The game is a lot different now, but I just remember him "in his office", behind the net, and no one could take the puck away from him....like.....ever!!!!

Matter of fact I think he still has it!!!  LOL

Just now, Ozzy said:

No doubt, Sharpy!  McDavid is absolutely fun and amazing to watch.  I was fortunate enough to catch Gretzky's entire career...He was a man among boys, an absolute magician!  He actually had a season where he scored 215 points.

The game is a lot different now, but I just remember him "in his office", behind the net, and no one could take the puck away from him....like.....ever!!!!

Matter of fact I think he still has it!!!  LOL

During broadcasts some people still call it Wayne Gretzky's office to this day.

32 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's a different time than the 80's and Wayne and before my time as a fan, but I feel like I'm watching a modern day Wayne Gretzky in McDavid. Edmonton has had so many dynamic offensive players in their history. I wonder what that's like. 😆

Except for all the winning LOL. 

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Except for all the winning LOL. 

McDavid's trophy cabinet at home says otherwise LOL The SC is obviously a team win, but McD is very well placed to clean house on all the scoring trophies probably for the rest of this decade. 

NHL Awards: McDavid wins big while Bobrovsky, Burns, Matthews earn hardware  | theScore.com

Edited by Karan