• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

44 minutes ago, Karan said:

McJesus already has his 30th goal of the season. On pace for about 70 currently...

Kind of ridiculous that he already has 30G/36A, which would be considered a very respectful season for most top-6 forwards, and we're not even halfway through the season lol

Looks like I picked the perfect time to get the 1st overall pick in fantasy this year. He legit is making my team nearly unbeatable. 

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

I hope he gets it. I know it’s super early but at this pace he has be on track to beat gretzkys (ovi’s) record too, no? 

He has 270 goals so far in his career. Gretzky had 894 (Ovi 800-something).

He needs 624 goals more. He's scoring on a 0.5 g/pg so far in his career, let's say he continues like that and scores 41 goals per season on average. 624/41 = 15.2.

He's 25, so if he averages 41 goals pr season and plays to 40 he will take it. Now he's on pace for 70 and entering his prime years, so I could easily see him scoring 50-70 goals for the next 4-5 years, which would make the timeline shorter.

Not impossible, but I don't think he'll take it.

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He has 270 goals so far in his career. Gretzky had 894 (Ovi 800-something).

He needs 624 goals more. He's scoring on a 0.5 g/pg so far in his career, let's say he continues like that and scores 41 goals per season on average. 624/41 = 15.2.

He's 25, so if he averages 41 goals pr season and plays to 40 he will take it. Now he's on pace for 70 and entering his prime years, so I could easily see him scoring 50-70 goals for the next 4-5 years, which would make the timeline shorter.

Not impossible, but I don't think he'll take it.

Either way he’s such a fun player to watch. Guess we’ll see where he’s at in a few years. 

• Like 1

Othmann pretty invisible. Most of Canada's big gun are.

US much better tonight, particularly on the top end. Canada's depth came up big. 

Basically, the undrafted goalie won the game.

Imagine being Milic, dominating every level you've ever seen, don't get drafted, but get to watch house league goalies like Lindbom get picked in the 2nd round because they're 3" taller.

7 hours ago, rmc51 said:

They called that one back for supposed goaltender interference. Yikes. Big yikes.

I would be mad if that was called back on a Rangers goal.

… But I would probably scream «goalie interference» after watching Shesterkin flop from that contact.

I don’t like the call, but I’ve seen worse

That was a terrible call at a critical point of the game, that was absolutely a clean goal and I think it was the first of two US goals that got called back. I was watching but had the sound off, one point I couldn't really tell what was happening as I was multitasking. 

31 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I would be mad if that was called back on a Rangers goal.

… But I would probably scream «goalie interference» after watching Shesterkin flop from that contact.

I don’t like the call, but I’ve seen worse

The worst part of it was that Jackson Blake is Jason Blake’s son and we had to see Jason Blake’s ugly mug on tv again. 

as for the call.. I Blake was in the middle of the crease and bumps the goalie not allowing  him to get over to even attempt to stop the shot. It’s one of those where it’s technically goalie interference but it’s not. If you don’t call that though what’s to stop guys from just standing mid crease and not allowing the goalie to move around? I dunno. 

24 minutes ago, siddious said:

The worst part of it was that Jackson Blake is Jason Blake’s son and we had to see Jason Blake’s ugly mug on tv again. 

as for the call.. I Blake was in the middle of the crease and bumps the goalie not allowing  him to get over to even attempt to stop the shot. It’s one of those where it’s technically goalie interference but it’s not. If you don’t call that though what’s to stop guys from just standing mid crease and not allowing the goalie to move around? I dunno. 

The puck was there. He was trying to score, it's a physical battle. He's not just standing there not letting the goalie make a save in someone else's shot... 

The first call was terrible. The second call was fine.

International hockey rules suck, but it's not so dissimilar from NA rules, now. Very soft hockey, across the board.

Anyways, this isn't a real tournament without Russia, but that game was pretty classic. Crowd was fantastic, and it's great to see them shift this to smaller cities. The "Playing in NHL venues phase" was a complete disaster imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The puck was there. He was trying to score, it's a physical battle. He's not just standing there not letting the goalie make a save in someone else's shot... 

Not to mention, he was bumped in the direction of the goalie in the first place (can clearly see it at 42 seconds of the clip I shared, and even moreso from the net cam at 51 seconds).

Edited by rmc51
  • Cheers 1