• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

How does he not have control of the puck when he crosses the blue line here? Is it because the defenders stick touches his stick after they crossed the blue line?

Kuz has much more control than McD did. If I were judging those in a vacuum I'd call McD off and Kuz on.

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

"Much more control" implies that McD also had control of the puck. Isn't the rule that if you have control of the puck you're not offside? Doesn't say how much control you need to have

Let me clarify...I don't think he had control at all, and Kuz did. McD tried to pull a ,move, puck was off his stick and (not seeing thew whole play afterwards) it looks like a loose puck where Kuz stickhandled into the zone with no one else near him. There was never a chance for another player to get the puck from Kuz but there are 2 defenders in the vicinity of McD.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Let me clarify...I don't think he had control at all, and Kuz did. McD tried to pull a ,move, puck was off his stick and (not seeing thew whole play afterwards) it looks like a loose puck where Kuz stickhandled into the zone with no one else near him. There was never a chance for another player to get the puck from Kuz but there are 2 defenders in the vicinity of McD.

I'll never truly understand all the offside rules, but this makes sense.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Just change the rule to eliminate the grey area and back to puck needing to enter first. No matter what. Otherwise you have a review trying to decide on something virtually impossible to 100% determine with accuracy.

So you can’t skate the puck into the zone backwards? Meh.