• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

2 hours ago, Karan said:

Questionable priorities bro, but fine: 

I’m married I see tits all the time- I don’t get to see Georgiev suck for someone else nearly enough. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He's a top 10 goalie and the Canucks are a bottom 5 team. 

makes it so much sweeter

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't ignore traditional stats because of fancy ones. That's how forced narratives are created.

Ok. He’s 20th in GA and 15th in SV% (min 10 starts). His backup is right next to him in both categories. Is that traditional enough for you?

Top 10 is wrong. He’s not even top 15. He’s bottom half of the league.

Georgiev is definitely not a top-10 goalie in the NHL this season. I'd be generous and say he's been average, which actually is pretty good considering the opinion of him when he departed the Rangers. It's been interesting to see how he performs as a semi-regular starter, which is basically the scenario where we all figured he would thrive in. I figured he'd have a bit more goal support in Colorado than he's had. 

57 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Ok. He’s 20th in GA and 15th in SV% (min 10 starts). His backup is right next to him in both categories. Is that traditional enough for you?

Top 10 is wrong. He’s not even top 15. He’s bottom half of the league.

Why are you filtering by minimum 10 starts? Because it gives you the stats to fit your narrative. He's a starter and you're comparing him to backups with a smaller body of work and inflated stats.

Bump that up to 20 starts, that's a 50/50 workload at this point of the season. He's 10th in GAA, 10th in SV%, 8th in wins.

What he does from here on out is what it is, but right now he's not a bottom half goalie. Vancouver is still trash tho.

Edited by Pete

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Why are you filtering by minimum 10 starts? Because it gives you the stats to fit your narrative. He's a starter and you're comparing him to backups with a smaller body of work and inflated stats.

Bump that up to 20 starts, that's a 50/50 workload at this point of the season. He's 10th in GAA, 10th in SV%, 8th in wins.

What he does from here on out is what it is, but right now he's not a bottom half goalie. Vancouver is still trash tho.

There's no such thing as a backup with a bunch of teams anymore. They split it right down the middle or close enough to it.

37 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

There's no such thing as a backup with a bunch of teams anymore. They split it right down the middle or close enough to it.

Right, that's what I said...

37 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

We're at the 40 game mark. If a goalie hasn't played nearly half the games, he's being protected and spot started. Compare him to his peers, not minimally used goalies.

Edited by Pete