• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023 NFL Thread

Blue Heaven

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 10:44 AM, H-Dreamer said:

I have no issue with the Chiefs, so I will root for them to win, which probably doomed their chances immediately.

Can't stand the Eagles fanbase, Top-3 on my personal hate list, behind the Packers and maybe the Saints.

I know, the Eagles fans are nuts, rude and obscene. Many, but not all. I am one of the more reserved. Season tickets. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

For the first time in forever, the Vikings win by 2-scores and it's against hapless Packers, yet there's nothing to be happy about, cause Cousins probably tore his Achilles.

Yeah, he's done Dreamer.  I had them in my knockout pool yesterday, and I was sad to hear the news on Cousins.

12 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

What are the Vikes gonna do here?

I have to imagine it wouldn't take too much to pull Winston off the Saints, no? Mullens is still hurt (and also kinda sucks), the rookie isn't really an option, and they're very much in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Is Tannahill still available?  ...might wanna look down that route.

Honestly I rather roll with the Rookie or Mullens once he returns, if he's anything we find out and if he isn't, well the draft is deep at QB this year allegedly.

Also this wasn't a Superbowl winning team with Kirk Cousins (unless the stars aligned), much less without, there's no QB avaiable who would be able to replace him, this isn't a Case Keenum situation.

GM is sending me mixed signals. lol

He trades for Dobbs (from Cards), but trades away O-Line depth in Ezra Cleveland (to Jax), all for some late Round Picks.

Basically we get a 6th from Jax and send one to the Cards, who also send us a 7th (apparently it can turn into a 6th,....why?)

7 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

GM is sending me mixed signals. lol

He trades for Dobbs (from Cards), but trades away O-Line depth in Ezra Cleveland (to Jax), all for some late Round Picks.

Basically we get a 6th from Jax and send one to the Cards, who also send us a 7th (apparently it can turn into a 6th,....why?)

Dobbs is a shockingly good QB for having been tossed around the league like trash. He can throw, he can move, but he has some trouble with ball security. 

I think if the OL in Minny can keep him clean-ish, he will be fine.

Now I wish I could hit 5 straight and the Powerball!!  LOL  ...while I'm on a roll here!!! 

I would take Tickle-Me-Elmo at this point!!!  Anyone is better than that waste of space!  An old G Man on a Raider sideline again...let's see how we do!

In 2038 the Raiders will move back to Oakland and become relevant again, just as Pat Mahomes Jr retires.

Just a guess.

They're probably a very hard franchise to root for because they haven't really been good since the mid 80's and they keep screwing the fanbase by moving around.

7 hours ago, Br4d said:

In 2038 the Raiders will move back to Oakland and become relevant again, just as Pat Mahomes Jr retires.

Just a guess.

They're probably a very hard franchise to root for because they haven't really been good since the mid 80's and they keep screwing the fanbase by moving around.

It actually feels like a job to be a fan of them.  I still think of them as the Oakland Raiders, but they are light years from what they once were.  Al Davis and John Madden were legendary, and it's going to be hard to re-create that atmosphere.

Then again I look at Detroit and watch Dan Campbell, who I absolute love to watch coach.  ..talk about a guy who's on a mission!

One day, Brad!  One day!!  Hopefully while I'm alive to see just one more!

• Believe 1

Al Davis was probably the best owner in NFL history until his decline started in the late 80's/early 90's.

Actually I'll change the wording a little.  He was the smartest owner.  It must have blown chunks to see the Raiders leave for LA.

Edited by Br4d

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Al Davis was probably the best owner in NFL history until his decline started in the late 80's/early 90's.

Actually I'll change the wording a little.  He was the smartest owner.  It must have blown chunks to see the Raiders leave for LA.

I watched them leave, then move back, then move again...it sucks ass.

• Cheers 1