• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023 NFL Thread

Blue Heaven

I think they keep Fields and trade down. They've put a lot of work into him and more to the point, it appears to be paying off. If they can move that #1 and guarantee themselves a new weapon for Fields and someone to defend him, plus upgrades on the line....I think you do it.

The Bears are probably a better team with Justin Fields, a DL/LB from the trade, plus Marvin Harrison Jr and Joe Alt than they are with Caleb Williams, whatever defensive player they pick in the top 10 with their own pick, and a 2nd.

12 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I think they keep Fields and trade down. They've put a lot of work into him and more to the point, it appears to be paying off. If they can move that #1 and guarantee themselves a new weapon for Fields and someone to defend him, plus upgrades on the line....I think you do it.

The Bears are probably a better team with Justin Fields, a DL/LB from the trade, plus Marvin Harrison Jr and Joe Alt than they are with Caleb Williams, whatever defensive player they pick in the top 10 with their own pick, and a 2nd.

That's my thinking. I really want MHJ badly. Him and DJ Moore would be so dynamic to me. I think Fields gets a bit of a bad wrap. He wasn't gice much help at all until very recently and was caught on two worlds of scrambling to save his life and trying to hold the ball too long to male plays that weren't there. He's vastly improved post hand injury this year. I like him.

I think the Bears have to hope the Cardinals don't end up at 2 if they want MHJ since I doubt Arizona drafts a QB and theres a good chance he goes there. 

Fields is due for a big contract soon.  He's probably not worth it but he'll be asking.  I think the Bears let him go cheaper than you'd expect.  I hope the Jets are not the buyers.

10 hours ago, Br4d said:

Fields is due for a big contract soon.  He's probably not worth it but he'll be asking.  I think the Bears let him go cheaper than you'd expect.  I hope the Jets are not the buyers.

You guys have Rodgers for another season yet.  I doubt the Jets go and get Fields.  The Raiders need a QB pretty badly.  I'm waiting to see who we either draft or sign.  Garrapolo surely wasn't a help this year.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

You guys have Rodgers for another season yet.  I doubt the Jets go and get Fields.  The Raiders need a QB pretty badly.  I'm waiting to see who we either draft or sign.  Garrapolo surely wasn't a help this year.

Fields is Mark Sanchez with legs.  Probably a decent game manager with a loaded team but a disaster if he has to carry an average roster.

This is why you don't pay him a franchise QB's salary.  He'll never earn it.

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

Fields is Mark Sanchez with legs.  Probably a decent game manager with a loaded team but a disaster if he has to carry an average roster.

I just hope we don't get him (Raiders)

• Believe 1

4 hours ago, Br4d said:

I think the hard part about this decision is that we don't really know what Fields is yet.

Fields is big. He sees the field well. He can run like hell. He's got a cannon. All good things!

He also plays constantly from behind, has no pass protection, has one-and-a-half weapons at best, and is constantly trying to force a big play, often leading to an INT. It's really hard to evaluate a QB like that.

I think if you get this guy another target, a better OL, and a defense that isn't getting blown off the field, he's a better than average QB option.

12 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I think the hard part about this decision is that we don't really know what Fields is yet.

Fields is big. He sees the field well. He can run like hell. He's got a cannon. All good things!

He also plays constantly from behind, has no pass protection, has one-and-a-half weapons at best, and is constantly trying to force a big play, often leading to an INT. It's really hard to evaluate a QB like that.

I think if you get this guy another target, a better OL, and a defense that isn't getting blown off the field, he's a better than average QB option.

So you're basically telling me you see through my reverse-logic?  😉

31 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I think if you adjust for era he's basically Terry Bradshaw.  Give him the great defense and 6 hall of famers alongside him on offense and he'll be good, well sort of good.

Watching the Titans-Jaguars game and it is a walking advertisement for why legalized gambling is going to kill the NFL eventually.

How could you tell if a player making a boneheaded play was doing it to lose the game/shave points or was just being a bonehead?

There have been at least 3 plays in the second half that could have been a bookie's delight and all of them were of the "how the hell did that just happen?" variety.

17 hours ago, Br4d said:

Watching the Titans-Jaguars game and it is a walking advertisement for why legalized gambling is going to kill the NFL eventually.

How could you tell if a player making a boneheaded play was doing it to lose the game/shave points or was just being a bonehead?

There have been at least 3 plays in the second half that could have been a bookie's delight and all of them were of the "how the hell did that just happen?" variety.

The NFL was already the most crooked sport, now you had legal betting to the whole thing? Big yikes.

Miami Dolphins fucked themselves again at the end of the year.  Another epic collapse by this team.  

To make matters worse, they dropped from the possibility of hosting 2 playoff games to going on the road to KC in sub-zero wind chill Saturday night.  

I called it weeks ago that the writing was on the wall that they were going to choke the #1 seed, and the AFC East crown away.  

Really wish he could have gotten the win record there, but at least he'll get it. In a perfect world I would have loved to have BB stay as a coach and relinquish his GM duties, but that wasn't going to happen. Still the best coach ever, but some of his decision making over the last few years really put the Patriots in the bind they are now. It's time for both parties to start over. It almost feels like a death in the family. Brady yelling 'Let's Go!' and Bill with on the sidelines with is hoodie is iconic imagery. Definitely a little misty-eyed reading the news this morning, but smiling because it happened, more so than it being over.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:09 AM, Br4d said:

Lots of good coaches getting fired and one really bad one who is bulletproof in NJ.

Lmao

There quite a few good coaches out there ,that's why the jets ain't hiring any of them 

Fucking  worse Franchise in sports 

• Keeps it 100 1