• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023 NFL Thread

Blue Heaven

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The 49ers looked like they were going to be the team to beat in the NFC, but losing Jimmy G just poured ice water on a stiffy out there!

The Niners have a gift for finding effective game-manager QBs. I'm not worried about them, especially after Purdy basically managed the Dolphins. 

Rumors out of Niners camp suggested they're very high on Purdy, believe it or not. There were a few beat writers saying he looked better than Lance at times.

2 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

The Niners have a gift for finding effective game-manager QBs. I'm not worried about them, especially after Purdy basically managed the Dolphins. 

Rumors out of Niners camp suggested they're very high on Purdy, believe it or not. There were a few beat writers saying he looked better than Lance at times.

He looked pretty good in relief yesterday, but I'm a little skeptical to see when an opponent get a scouting report on him....But yeah, they seem pretty pumped with his progress.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

He looked pretty good in relief yesterday, but I'm a little skeptical to see when an opponent get a scouting report on him....But yeah, they seem pretty pumped with his progress.

Long and short - the Niners like him, and they don't really misfire on QBs. For a while a few years ago they made Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard look like NFL QBs. That, and their run game is elite to the point of carrying the team if Purdy's not perfect. 

Seattle's lurking though. That week 15 game is going to decide the NFC West.

• Keeps it 100 1

Even with Purdy (or Mayfield), Niners are going to be a tough out.  McCaffrey, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk are a serious threat on offense.  The catches that they made on 3rd downs in tight coverage yesterday were really good.  Then their defense, ooof, they can crush any offense with their D.  I would still put them as the team to beat in the NFC.  Philly has a phoenomenal offense but their D can't stop the run.  

On 12/5/2022 at 4:25 PM, Ozzy said:

Dalvin Cook

Justin Jefferson and Your QB!

That offensive line is pretty solid too!

See there's the thing, nothing in the stats shows these people dominating the games. They are great, then disappear for 2/3rds of the game and re-appear at some point to score the gamewinning points - just one scoring drive against the Jets in the 2nd Half, wins are wins and somehow it's sustainable being 9-0 in one-scoring-games, still it doesn't give me a feeling of security in trusting this team to win every week. O-Line without Darrisaw is back to being dubious.

Take the game against the Lions this Sunday, Lions are running hot right now, with St.Brown finally healthy again. In Week 3 - at home - it took Dan Campbell doing dumb shit on multiple occasions to beat them, he has since learned I think.

Yes I know I am a negative Nancy, thanks. 😄😛

• Cheers 1

If you are into visiting different stadiums, SoFi is by far the nicest stadium I’ve been to. Atmosphere was awesome. Stadium is huge, makes MetLife Stadium look and feel like a dump. Unfortunately I didn’t get the outcome I wanted with the Dolphins last night. Tua had his 2nd straight awful game which is starting to get concerning with the Bills game coming up on Saturday night. 

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I left a Raisinette in my BVD's watching this game ending!  I had to replay it twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming this!

This has to be the single stupidest ending to an NFL game I've ever seen. Why in all fuck are they doing a hook-and-lateral when they're TIED?

• Keeps it 100 3

8 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

This has to be the single stupidest ending to an NFL game I've ever seen. Why in all fuck are they doing a hook-and-lateral when they're TIED?

...was saying the same thing!!  Swear to god, G-man...thought I was dreaming!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...