• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

4 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

This just doesn't compute for me, and bluntly...it's one that the Breakaway guys got 100% right, imo.

Kane is a GREAT player who doesn't fit a need. He's not a center. His acquisition cost is likely too high - even if it is Prospect, Pick, Pick. We're just stacked on wing as it is - even if we send off one of our young RW in the deal. 

Further - adding firepower is nice, but who comes off our stupidly good powerplay for him? You're not bumping Zib, you're not bumping Fox, you're not bumping Panarin, you're not bumping Kreider. Are you really getting that much more with Kane instead of Lafreniere (I guess?) in that final spot? You're not suddenly going to drop your PP1 to 60 seconds of ice time because you now have Patrick Kane on PP2 when your PP1 literally ran the season for you.

Let's talk again in March, where his retained cap hit is closer to 2m.

I'd add that if we were having this conversation about Jonathon Toews, I might feel a little different about it

Kane plays the right side on the PP, so he'd be replacing Strome who was completely useless there or anywhere on that PP.  Imagine Kane's one-timer on the right side and Zib's on the left.  That PP would instantly go up to 50% success rate.  lol

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

Kane plays the right side on the PP, so he'd be replacing Strome who was completely useless there or anywhere on that PP.  Imagine Kane's one-timer on the right side and Zib's on the left.  That PP would instantly go up to 50% success rate.  lol

Panarin is usually on the right side when Zib scores a one-timer from his spot.

PP2 you could maybe have somebody playing the possession role on the left side and feeding Kane.

If Patrick Kane truly wants to be a Ranger is there any chance that he doesn't become one?   I feel like this is going to happen regardless of need.  

So in that vein I'll make another proposal that will anger the board:

Kane tro Rangers at 50% retention

Panarin to Florida at 25% retention

Spencer Knight and Florida 1st to Chicago

Rangers replace Panarin with Kane and have the cap space to find a center, say either of the Winnipeg boys

1 hour ago, Capt said:

If Patrick Kane truly wants to be a Ranger is there any chance that he doesn't become one?   I feel like this is going to happen regardless of need.  

Rangers replace Panarin with Kane and have the cap space to find a center, say either of the Winnipeg boys

Kane would come to play with Panarin. They were tight in Chicago.

1 hour ago, Capt said:

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

15 minutes ago, josh said:

I get it but there is a cap.  I see the kind of trade I'm proposing as a way to replace Panarin while also filling the hole at center.  All the while creating space for next summer

10 hours ago, Capt said:

I get it but there is a cap.  I see the kind of trade I'm proposing as a way to replace Panarin while also filling the hole at center.  All the while creating space for next summer

It’s fairly possible at least that cap space may not be as big an issue next summer as we may think.

They are recouping 3.5 in dead cap and there are a good number of people who think there’s a sizable jump in the cap next year.

We will see

11 hours ago, josh said:

Yup. If Krav or Kakko don't take a major step, I'd imagine Kane will be target number one by the deadline.

Kreider-Zib-Laf

Panarin-Trocheck-Kane

They can win with that.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

...actually I think Brad Richards was on that team too....I'm old, I can't remember that well!!  LOL

Richards was on the Blackhawks in 2014-15 for one season, won a Cup and then went to Detroit to finish up. The season he was there, he did play some with Kane. But Panarin wasn’t on the team yet.

• VINNY! 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I believe what Seraveli says, no reason not to. He’s always been a good reporter.

But why would Kane commit to staying there through the start of the season? We all know where this is going. 

Because he knows no deal can be made now. This has to be done closer to the deadline for cap purposes. Especially if he wants to be a Ranger.

• Keeps it 100 1