• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

On 1/4/2023 at 2:42 PM, Cash or Czech said:

I don't know, I haven't turned it on yet LOL. Great reviews though

I bought it anyway. It was on sale for $30. Looking forward to trying it. The downside is if I love it, I’ll be tempted to get a PS5 for the new one. It took like 4 years I think for the one I just bought to be ported over to PC.

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

I recently picked up Jedi Fallen Order for 7 bucks in the ps5 holiday sale. Amazing. 

Game was great but I couldn’t beat the final boss fight for some fucking reason. I must have tried 100 fins and never got close 🤣

might be the only game I’ve ever played throughout and not finished. 

24 minutes ago, siddious said:

Game was great but I couldn’t beat the final boss fight for some fucking reason. I must have tried 100 fins and never got close 🤣

Great White Sharks GIF by Shark Week

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Game was great but I couldn’t beat the final boss fight for some fucking reason. I must have tried 100 fins and never got close 🤣

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Regular Super Mario World gave me headaches as a kid. This is...wild

I loved SMW as a kid. So when I got back into video games a few years ago, that's sorta where I started. There's a whole community that builds ROM hacks based off of the old game and you can play them on emulators or on console. So like, it's free to get going. 

The game I'm playing though, is Super Mario Maker 2, which Nintendo actually made. The physics are a bit different than the original SMW, but as you can see the graphics are spot on. 

There's a subset of the community that plays "kaizo" mario, which is the style of level you just watched. Another style is more based around using shells in different ways. The video below is/was my hardest level. 

Cameo from We Butter The Bread With Butter. 

Also, I'm fucking toothless in the vid, so enjoy lol. 

5 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I loved SMW as a kid. So when I got back into video games a few years ago, that's sorta where I started. There's a whole community that builds ROM hacks based off of the old game and you can play them on emulators or on console. So like, it's free to get going. 

The game I'm playing though, is Super Mario Maker 2, which Nintendo actually made. The physics are a bit different than the original SMW, but as you can see the graphics are spot on. 

There's a subset of the community that plays "kaizo" mario, which is the style of level you just watched. Another style is more based around using shells in different ways. The video below is/was my hardest level. 

Cameo from We Butter The Bread With Butter. 

Also, I'm fucking toothless in the vid, so enjoy lol. 

This is super cool man, well done.

I consider myself an avid gamer, but the concept of being able to do this kind of challenge while engaging a text-based audience is just...that's some talent man.

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

This is super cool man, well done.

I consider myself an avid gamer, but the concept of being able to do this kind of challenge while engaging a text-based audience is just...that's some talent man.

Appreciate it dude. The engagement comes natural to me, the gameplay does not. One of the running jokes on my channel is that I suck at the game and in the grand scheme of who's who in the kaizo world, they're right lol. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Picked up one of these guys on Amazon. Ready for the nostalgia!

https://anbernic.com/products/rg35xx

I had a Super NT from Analogue which is basically SNES with an HDMI output lol. You can literally play SNES carts but you can also jailbreak and play from miniSD or something like that. 

What are you going to play on that?

14 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I had a Super NT from Analogue which is basically SNES with an HDMI output lol. You can literally play SNES carts but you can also jailbreak and play from miniSD or something like that. 

What are you going to play on that?

I don't even know tbh. Probably some old school pokemon because the new ones aren't for me. OG Mario games as well since I never really played them growing up. Will also see if megaman is available. Apparently it comes preloaded with 1000+ games so I'll peruse the selection when Amazon finally delivers it this afternoon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillyb said:

Dope that it comes loaded with some shit so you don't have to immediately shell out more cash, time, effort to get it working. 

It's loaded with so much shit idk what to do with it all. Got it around 2. GB, GBA, SNES, and like a dozen other consoles with so many ROMs. If you want it they probably have it

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I’ve been playing Days Gone on the ps5 lately. Not sure why I didn’t give this a try earlier but it’s a pretty good open world zombie game. 

I had gotten it for free with ps plus and left it in my library for months before I played it. Really enjoyed that game. Gets insane once you fight swarms by yourself