• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

5 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

I think it might have been an initiative issue for my first try, basically the enemy acting before anyone else in the house, so none were entangled in a fight and just rushed the story-triggering NPC ignoring me entirely.

Hide contents

Getting pushed of a ledge sure tiggered some reloads for me lol

The damn shadow-mobs sure are annoying I always fail the awareness rolls somehow, so I gave Shadowheart some extra on her last level up.

For now I am clearing side-quests in the ruins before I head to the Cult-Tower, because I definitly went to the Goblin Camp too early in act 1, I think I missed out on some stuff in Act 1 and was too high-level for most of what I did find, so it was too easy.

I even had Lazarus before actually exploring his grave.

So be careful on that tower. If you long rest too many times before taking a certain action, it will have some pretty big consequences depending on how you want your run to go.

More clarity below in spoilers if you don’t mind:

Spoiler

The tieflings will get executed if you don’t rescue them soon enough.

I made it a priority to save them pretty quickly because I missed out on some of the Duergar storyline by pushing towards the forge instead of addressing Nere. When I got back, all of the Duergar were gone and Nere’s body was just chilling on the floor. I thought it was a bug until I looked it up. I didn’t miss much but just unfortunate.

Having all of the tieflings die is way worse…unless you want them to.

Fix:

Shadowheart - for pretty much the same reasons, plus she is obviously meant to be a main story character with all the stuff about her goddess around, so good to have her Intel

Almost Fix:

Lae'zel - because Tank and I found Karlach pretty late in Act 1 and it seemed that she also would be important to the story, but not sure about that anymore in Act 2

Rotate:

Wyll - might upgrade to Lae'zels spot, I like his spells and one needs a moral compass in the group occasionally 😄

Karlach - currently in over Lae'zel cause I was doing her side-quest and trying to get a feel for Barb-play and she can carry the infernal iron

Astarion - used as the Rogue until I noticed that it's not really necessary to carry one, I can lockpick with my main just fine, it's only 3 Bonus points less. Irrelevant on most locks

Almost never:

Gale - cause I play Mage myself and two is just too squishy

Not yet unlocked Halsin as a Partymember, he's just there.

btw I heared an evil party can attain a certain Drow, I killed her though.

5 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

So be careful on that tower. If you long rest too many times before taking a certain action, it will have some pretty big consequences depending on how you want your run to go.

More clarity below in spoilers if you don’t mind:

Reveal hidden contents

The tieflings will get executed if you don’t rescue them soon enough.

I made it a priority to save them pretty quickly because I missed out on some of the Duergar storyline by pushing towards the forge instead of addressing Nere. When I got back, all of the Duergar were gone and Nere’s body was just chilling on the floor. I thought it was a bug until I looked it up. I didn’t miss much but just unfortunate.

Having all of the tieflings die is way worse…unless you want them to.

Oh yeah, should take that into account.

Spoiler

Already found Arabella's parents being dead, not sure that would be different. Guess it is going to the towers next then and Raphael's damn demon buddy can wait.

Lamest villain so far anyway. Raphael that is, too cliche even for DnD.

I had that happen with the Duergar at first as well, but since I screwed something else up I reloaded and killed him myself, unfortunately I then went and failed the roll to free the slaves, so same outcome probably.

I also didn't quite get that you're supposed to kill the guardian of the forge by using the hammer lol, so I took like an hour to finally grind him down, with half the party dead.

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

“Shadowheart disliked that.”

F8

She went from the starting "eh let's not talk to each other" to liking me within one or two long rests, I think it had something to do with me rushing ahead in the story a bit too quickly and made for some awkward pacing. 🤣

15 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

She went from the starting "eh let's not talk to each other" to liking me within one or two long rests, I think it had something to do with me rushing ahead in the story a bit too quickly and made for some awkward pacing. 🤣

Nope. They’re all thirsty AF lol. I got to celebration at the camp, which is typically where the romancing options are supposed to initiate unless your approval is high enough, and I had every single character slinging at me. Even Karlach who I had just saved right beforehand was offering.

26 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

Oh yeah, should take that into account.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Arabella’s parents die as part of the story so there’s no avoiding that.

I would recommend hitting the towers before dealing with Raphael’s demon too. There’s a lot of important story once you head down there. Don’t rush down there. Go back and forth and explore as much as you can around the area. I’d say even do the prerequisites to unlocking Halsin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Nope. They’re all thirsty AF lol. I got to celebration at the camp, which is typically where the romancing options are supposed to initiate unless your approval is high enough, and I had every single character slinging at me. Even Karlach who I had just saved right beforehand was offering.

Yh even Halsin was making clear overtures during that one. lol

At the rate I play video games these days it would take me 5 years to beat BG3 but you guys are really making me want to get it lol

if I’m gonna dedicate my time thought I think starfield is still the favorite though so I’ll probably just wait for that. Also heard it might be free for download with Xbox game pass so I can’t beat that. 

• Keeps it 100 1

37 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I've done that on several fights lol. Is it right? Meh. Is it more fun? Absolutely. 

eh its just annoying to more than anything else. compounded by the controls for the game which take some getting used to.

I am only a day in though so maybe it just needs more time. 

10 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Nothing wrong with it. Might as well find a better approach to a fight if you can.

I'm here to have fun and play through the story. I'm too old to be a gaming tryhard lol

I'm not even this good in my weekly IRL DnD game.

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I'm here to have fun and play through the story. I'm too old to be a gaming tryhard lol

I'm not even this good in my weekly IRL DnD game.

Yeah. Get the experience you want out of it. You can do multiple playthroughs but the time cost of just one playthrough is significant enough. If the change only requires minutes of backpedaling as opposed to hours, just do it.

If I do end up doing a coop run, I'm willing to deal with whatever repercussions come with that. I want the storyline I have in mind for at least my first full playthrough.