• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

1 minute ago, Shane Falco said:

I had gotten it for free with ps plus and left it in my library for months before I played it. Really enjoyed that game. Gets insane once you fight swarms by yourself 

Same exact situation. Got it for free and just never bothered to give it a try until recently. The hordes are fun although I did manage to put myself in a pickle at the Sawmill horde. I had turned a generator on and forgot to destroy the loudspeakers and parked my bike right in the area before turning on the generator. 
  Now there is a swarm near my bike forever wandering and there aren’t enough bullets in the world to kill them lol

• LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Same exact situation. Got it for free and just never bothered to give it a try until recently. The hordes are fun although I did manage to put myself in a pickle at the Sawmill horde. I had turned a generator on and forgot to destroy the loudspeakers and parked my bike right in the area before turning on the generator. 
  Now there is a swarm near my bike forever wandering and there aren’t enough bullets in the world to kill them lol

Find your way back to village and call the bike back. Been there many times lol 

• Like 1

I really wanted to like the game, but it just never clicked. The hordes were really cool, though, and it's a great looking game. The characters and controls are jank, as is the bike, even when upgraded. You also need to get gas too frequently and the story takes too long to get going and overstays its welcome. I can see why it has its fans.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:50 PM, Sharpshooter said:

I really wanted to like the game, but it just never clicked. The hordes were really cool, though, and it's a great looking game. The characters and controls are jank, as is the bike, even when upgraded. You also need to get gas too frequently and the story takes too long to get going and overstays its welcome. I can see why it has its fans.

The gas thing is true until you upgrade the gas tank. I find it less of a problem now. 

17 hours ago, Keirik said:

The gas thing is true until you upgrade the gas tank. I find it less of a problem now. 

Definitely better, just a minor annoyance. I think it's one of those games I will like when I try it again down the road after getting my backlog down a bit. lol

• Keeps it 100 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, siddious said:

Havent played flight simulator in probably 20 years or so at this point. I’m sure it’s so much better now too.

I went down a YouTube rabbit hole the other night watching these dudes play this DCS game, Digital Combat Simulator.  OH.  MY.  GOD.  I've always been a fighter jet junkie since I was a kid.  I want to get into this game soooooooooo badly but from what I have been hearing in a lot of videos and what I am reading about it is it takes a robust machine to run it correctly and to play it correctly.  Not to mention all the suggested(read as necessary) peripherals.  Ugh, I wish I had more money lol.

Yeah, I'm waiting a bit too. lol I'll probably get it later in the summer.

I'm still working on finishing Horizon Forbidden West after I stopped playing for awhile and Final Fantasy XVI is coming out in three weeks, so those things will hold me over for awhile. Now that I have a new gaming PC I'll probably just buy it for that since that's a game where you probably prefer a keyboard and mouse, no? Although Diablo 3 on console wasn't too bad. 

I also want to recommend the remake of System Shock that was just launched on Steam the other day. It's fantastic.

Can confirm Diablo is sick. Though obviously work has gotten busy at the same time which has limited my ability to play. Heading towards the end of Act I. 

On 6/2/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ozzy said:

Does anyone still play World of Warcraft?  I used to be big into it years ago, but it's been a while....wondering if it's still around and popular.

My uncle does. My wife did in high school (over a decade ago). It's still got that dedicated fanbase for sure.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Can confirm Diablo is sick. Though obviously work has gotten busy at the same time which has limited my ability to play. Heading towards the end of Act I. 

My uncle does. My wife did in high school (over a decade ago). It's still got that dedicated fanbase for sure.

....most addicting game I ever played.  I still have dreams I'm playing!  LOL