• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

1 hour ago, siddious said:

17 year old boy - no shocker there lol

also Keith your idea about restarting gta6 development has to rank as one of the worst ideas ever put forth by anyone. It’s already been 8 fckn years since 5 came out and 6 is still 2-3 years away from what I hear 🤣🤣🤣

Recycling this meme from a few months ago as it still applies. At this rate, the next version of this will have Putin shaking hands with Trump again when the game eventually comes out 🤫 I keed, I keed...

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Eh, I don't think it's a huge deal to Rockstar that the primary characters of GTA6 and some of the gameplay features have been leaked. At worse it reduces some of the surprise value from the first official trailer, which is long overdue anyway. It's not going to diminish their sales in any way, which will still crush all prior records. All this is going to impact going forward is their security protocols, and what staff will be able to work on outside of the office/WFH etc. But I see no reason why they need to restart any development from scratch. As far as I know no source codes have been leaked? From what I understand, I don't think the hacked content in any way diminishes what the final product will be, most likely epic if it ever comes out within our lifetimes lol. 

Well, I think the hacker said he had source codes. I only meant initially that I’d rather see them publicly say they would rather start over then pay any money at all to a hacker trying to hold them hostage. I dont specifically think any leaked data is a big deal (to me) but to some it might be. I just don’t care for a company to be held hostage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im kinda concerned with the state of gaming in general. AAA studios take way too long in between games, the holiday season isn’t even remotely the same release wise as it used to be, and even sports games agave no competition/ drive to innovate and push the envelope. 

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Im kinda concerned with the state of gaming in general. AAA studios take way too long in between games, the holiday season isn’t even remotely the same release wise as it used to be, and even sports games agave no competition/ drive to innovate and push the envelope. 

Been saying this for a while all these games that are coming out aren’t great for the most part and the ones that are come out few and far in between. Hate the trend towards buyable content too.. I’ll stop playing video games before I ever purchase anything in-game. 

12 hours ago, siddious said:

Been saying this for a while all these games that are coming out aren’t great for the most part and the ones that are come out few and far in between. Hate the trend towards buyable content too.. I’ll stop playing video games before I ever purchase anything in-game. 

Yeah. I’ve always been a pretty big fan of open world games and especially both the Fallout series and morso the Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim has been released,  re-released, enhanced, re-enhanced 20 times since it’s original release in 2011. Elder Scrolls 6 is in production but the talk is 2025 or so. That is a absolutely nuts to go nearly 15 years in between games. 

Then yo7 have sport games, like the NHL series that are yearly, yet basically roster updates and touting *new* features that were in the same series and removed years ago. Also the buying exclusivities ruins so much. 

So how far into Cyberpunk are you guys? I'm on the last few missions of Act 2 and realize holy shit there's not much more of the game left. So now I'm going through all of the side missions/jobs/gigs. Gotta give the developers credit for the main storyline, really engaging and the whole city/environment has an awesome vibe. Despite all the early bugs, the next-gen console version is a pretty polished product.

24 minutes ago, Karan said:

So how far into Cyberpunk are you guys? I'm on the last few missions of Act 2 and realize holy shit there's not much more of the game left. So now I'm going through all of the side missions/jobs/gigs. Gotta give the developers credit for the main storyline, really engaging and the whole city/environment has an awesome vibe. Despite all the early bugs, the next-gen console version is a pretty polished product.

I think I'm on the step that launches towards the end of the main story in Act 2. So yeah, I also just decided to do side quests LOL. Apparently after the main story quest, you can continue to do all the side stuff though. 

I'm still in the very beginning stages of it, but now that they've released a ton of updates, I'm going to jump back in soon and can't wait to see how much better it looks and plays on a PS5. Actually, for a game like that, I wouldn't mind double-dipping and getting on PC also now that I have a new gaming rig.

43 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm still in the very beginning stages of it, but now that they've released a ton of updates, I'm going to jump back in soon and can't wait to see how much better it looks and plays on a PS5. Actually, for a game like that, I wouldn't mind double-dipping and getting on PC also now that I have a new gaming rig.

It goes on sale on steam pretty frequently for 50% off

22 hours ago, Karan said:

The main story was really top notch, definitely up there with some of the best I've played through. I think the game falls short in a lot of the side missions/quests, which is a shame because that was such a position of strength for The Witcher 3.

Wow, that's much sooner than I thought and it's coming right up. I'm very excited for this. I own the game on both consoles and PC, so I'll probably upgrade both. lol One of the best RPGs ever made in my opinion, even if I wasn't a huge fan of the gameplay. The Witcher franchise has never been that great gameplay-wise anyway, but everything else is just so good.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, Karan said:

I finished it a few days back, and I want to go again with an entirely different protagonist. I played almost as if I'd have played Skyrim - stealth assassin style - and I think I want to give it a go with a true netrunner setup. 

Just now, LindG1000 said:

I finished it a few days back, and I want to go again with an entirely different protagonist. I played almost as if I'd have played Skyrim - stealth assassin style - and I think I want to give it a go with a true netrunner setup. 

Usually I'm not a huge stealth guy, since I mostly suck at it. However, with this game, the hacking and everything was extremely fun. I found myself enjoying finding creative ways to get out of certain situations. That's a huge plus for this game being that there are multiple ways to handle just about everything.

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Usually I'm not a huge stealth guy, since I mostly suck at it. However, with this game, the hacking and everything was extremely fun. I found myself enjoying finding creative ways to get out of certain situations. That's a huge plus for this game being that there are multiple ways to handle just about everything.

Yep - I really feel like I can pick an entirely different set of skills and feel like I'm playing a totally different game. 

3 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but when I played the game at launch, the hacking stuff was way too overpowered. Towards the end of the game, I was basically able to clear entire rooms of enemies by just hacking one or two of them.

Haven’t been into Call of Duty for many years. I played some of the new one, and specifically the DMZ mode with a couple buddies. It is truly a fantastic game mode. I’ve also been working through the Campaign which has also been fun, but DMZ is the bees knees at least if you have a couple people to squad up with…and it’s free to play.

• Like 1