• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

2 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

If you've got a PS4, PS5, or PC, I highly highly recommend this one. I've never played a God of War game before and it's really amazing. 

I do have a ps5. Is it linear though? I never get into linear games and with both dying light and horizon zero dawn coming out, I don’t want a long back log 

24 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I do have a ps5. Is it linear though? I never get into linear games and with both dying light and horizon zero dawn coming out, I don’t want a long back log 

The storyline is linear but you can explore and do side quests at your own pace. There's plenty of roaming to do to get better equipment and whatnot. It's very much worth playing.

• Thanks 1

Not particularly into zombie games but Dying Light 2 looks pretty damn good I have to admit. Is it worth getting Dying Light 1 or skip it? Even though my backlog of unplayed games has grown to over 6 now, frig going to take me the rest of 2022 to get through them all.

52 minutes ago, Karan said:

Not particularly into zombie games but Dying Light 2 looks pretty damn good I have to admit. Is it worth getting Dying Light 1 or skip it? Even though my backlog of unplayed games has grown to over 6 now, frig going to take me the rest of 2022 to get through them all.

I, not huge into zombie games either but the first one was great. Playing the first one isn’t necessary to play the second. The second one looks like a fleshed out version.in other words, everything that was good about dying light is just bigger, better and more of, in 2. 

My favorite part of the series is just how they handle the day/night cycle. When the sun sets a different breed of zombies that are 10x stronger come out and it really gets tense. If you are in a safe house you can fast fwd back to day but if you are out you really are underpowered compared to the zombies so you have to literally sneak around or bunker down somewhere until dawn comes back. Your experience or rewards for surviving and or killing while oit at night goes up too. Good balance to it.

• TroCheckmark 1

• 2 weeks later...

MLB The Show 22 coming to the Nintendo switch in April.

I’ve dragged my feet getting an updated Xbox. The Show, along with NHL the main targets. With Nintendo putting out an EA sports game, I’m wondering if this means we could see NHL appear on the switch so I can use my sons 

On 1/25/2022 at 10:57 AM, Cash or Czech said:

If I can get appliances to stop breaking, I might spend some of my bonus on a Steam Deck. Anybody else looking into anything mobile for gaming?

Also? Pokémon Legends: Arceus is looking pretty dang good as a pokemon/breath of the wild genre game

I’d still have a hard time trusting a steam deck. It’s still pc right? It’s not that bad to build a decent rig in the first place. 

21 hours ago, Karan said:

Rockstar Games finally confirms that GTA 6 is in development. Hopefully it comes out before most of us are old, grey and barely able to operate a controller at all.

Im already old, gray and can barely operate a controller, im so bad at this stage in my life that my 10 year old daughter beats me SOMETIMES in NHL 21.  

Can't wait for Gran Turismo 7

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Oh yeah, I was confusing that with the newer mini pcs. My bad.

arecthey even in stock anywhere? 

They launch next month I think. I’m gonna watch launch, see reviews and inventory but let’s be real, there’s no stock on any electronics anyway lol. It’s definitely the best proposition for mobile gaming for PC games though