• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

They launch next month I think. I’m gonna watch launch, see reviews and inventory but let’s be real, there’s no stock on any electronics anyway lol. It’s definitely the best proposition for mobile gaming for PC games though

Yeah, it’s brutal. I have both a ps5 and series x so I’m lucky on that side for console gaming. My gaming rig is a good 6 years old though so I don’t do much newer pc gaming and I’m certainly not looking to pay oit the ass to upgrade it right now. 

Do I absolutely NEED a PS5? The fact that they've been out for what? 8 months and they still sell PS4 versions of games is a bit strange to me. I was always ontop of new gaming systems in years past, but this time around I'm THAT guy. Is there really any buzz about it or any competition?

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, it’s brutal. I have both a ps5 and series x so I’m lucky on that side for console gaming. My gaming rig is a good 6 years old though so I don’t do much newer pc gaming and I’m certainly not looking to pay oit the ass to upgrade it right now. 

What made you get both the PS5 and XSX? I've been with the Xbox platform since the 360 so it made sense to continue with that since I have a lot of XOX titles that I wanted to continue playing as well. Same as you, my PC gaming usage has been steadily going down over the years and just limited to a couple games now like iRacing, Microsoft Flight Simulator. My rigs going on 5 years old now and badly needing an upgrade, but man I just can't fathom paying double the MSRP for a top end graphics card, so I think I'm gonna sit this generation out until the supply issues improve.

1 hour ago, Karan said:

What made you get both the PS5 and XSX? I've been with the Xbox platform since the 360 so it made sense to continue with that since I have a lot of XOX titles that I wanted to continue playing as well. Same as you, my PC gaming usage has been steadily going down over the years and just limited to a couple games now like iRacing, Microsoft Flight Simulator. My rigs going on 5 years old now and badly needing an upgrade, but man I just can't fathom paying double the MSRP for a top end graphics card, so I think I'm gonna sit this generation out until the supply issues improve.

I'm mostly an Xbox guy but there are a few exclusives I like on PS. Namely Horizon Zero Dawn series which is one of my favorite games and Gran Turismo. Also different group of friends. I played The Division series but the friend I used to run with was a Ps guy. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

I LOVE No Man's Sky. Combat was definitely a weak point.

I hated the way they released the game initially. I tried it, liked it a lot, but then figured I’d wait until it’s actually complete. Tried going back a few months ago and I’m totally lost lol. It’s so different. Still gives me an emptiness feel though which does sort of make sense since the universe. However, they populated everything but not in a way that makes it feel alive to me. 

13 hours ago, Karan said:

Sweet, I was waiting for this one. Got the game a few months ago but didn't want to play it on my XSX until this came out.

Now is a great time to start it. It feels like a brand new game on PS5. They really should have just waited to release it on newer hardware to begin with. It was clear the ambition they had wasn't going to be delivered on the older systems.

• VINNY! 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not going to start it until I finish Forbidden West, but I like that it seems more RPG-like with a bit more customization than past FromSoft games. The open world seems cool, with plenty of exploration options, and places to level up. I'm looking forward to trying it. It'll be hard to top Bloodborne for me, though.

32 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Anybody playing Elden Ring? I tried it for an hour but it's not my jam right now. A lot of my friends are really enjoying how brutal it is.

My buddy plays it. For me, I don’t know man. I like a challenge but an intelligent challenge. Not just to have overpowered enemies I have to run away from until 75 hours into the game. 

Souls games just don't do it for me, I think they're super overrated. First of all, they seem like a relic of the past - super janky menus, meh graphics, somewhat annoying camera control at times (especially with huge enemies). Then you've got the difficulty... and I just don't see "hard as a feature" to be very fun.

They're all basically the same too. Everyone gets on Call of Duty for releasing the same game every year (and they do), but you may as well call these games Dark Souls 2020, 2021, 2022, etc..

Just now, Morphinity said:

Souls games just don't do it for me, I think they're super overrated. First of all, they seem like a relic of the past - super janky menus, meh graphics, somewhat annoying camera control at times (especially with huge enemies). Then you've got the difficulty... and I just don't see "hard as a feature" to be very fun.

They're all basically the same too. Everyone gets on Call of Duty for releasing the same game every year (and they do), but you may as well call these games Dark Souls 2020, 2021, 2022, etc..

Hard as a feature is a good way of putting it. I often feels like the difficulty is manufactured with just outdated things and the gameplay in most of the games is bad with the exception of Bloodborne and Sekiro. The Dark Souls style really doesn't do anything for me. I know Elden Ring is definitely more akin to the Dark Souls gameplay, but I'm willing to give it a shot since it's open world and there seems to be some solid customization and RPG aspects.