• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Isn’t Kotor being remastered right now?  Looking forward to that.

It is. I've been meaning to replay KOTOR, but I'll hold off until the remaster comes out.

Dead Space is also getting a remaster and I'm psyched about that. Nice to see some of the best sci-fi games get the modern touchups they deserve.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 12:48 AM, Keirik said:

Isn’t Kotor being remastered right now?  Looking forward to that.

It's actually a full-on remake, from the ground up, but yeah. I'm really excited about it. Dead Space is receiving the same treatment as well.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:34 AM, Keirik said:

Dying light 2 and the new Horizon Forbidden West are on my radar for games coming out. 

Same here, as far as games that are closer to release go. Forspoken looks funl, and and as an RPG fan, Final Fantasy Origin looks cool as well. There's a lot to look forward to game-wise in 2022 and 2023, I'm excited. 

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's actually a full-on remake, from the ground up, but yeah. I'm really excited about it. Dead Space is receiving the same treatment as well.

Same here, as far as games that are closer to release go. Forspoken looks funl, and and as an RPG fan, Final Fantasy Origin looks cool as well. There's a lot to look forward to game-wise in 2022 and 2023, I'm excited. 

I sure hope so. Seems 2021 wasn’t too special game wise. 

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

Anybody try Halo Infinite yet? I'm looking for a game to play. Tried a couple hours of Dragon Age Inquisition yesterday and idk if it'll hold my attention. Still gotta play Borderlands 3 too

I played the multiplayer. It's Halo. If you like Halo multiplayer, you'll like this. Especially because it's on PC/cross-platform so there are plenty of lobbies going.

2 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

I played the multiplayer. It's Halo. If you like Halo multiplayer, you'll like this. Especially because it's on PC/cross-platform so there are plenty of lobbies going.

Can you still use the Plasma pistol/Battle Rifle combo??  LOL

7 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Of course! 

Always used to use that "sticky grenade" on a guy, a well timed plasma blast and then a battle rifle to take out all his buddies he ran into!!  God!  It's been a long time since I rocked the old Halo game!!

Kill-tacular!!!  LOL

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I picked up Deathloop and it’s pretty cool so far. If you’ve played Dishonored it has a very similar look and feel to it.

The game does look fun overall and I like the art style, but I just wasn't a big enough a fan of the Dishonored games to want to play something similar to it.

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I finally caved and I'm doing my first playthrough of...Skyrim. Damn you Todd Howard

I'd congratulate you, but I took an arrow to the knee.

• LMFAO 1

Hello gamers.  My question isn't necessarily gaming related but I figure you guys are among the best to know and I didn't wanna waste a new thread on what I assume would be a simple question for you guys to answer.

I'm upgrading my HDMI cables and usually buy from Monoprice.  In all honesty I really don't even need cables as we stream everything through fire sticks or the built in tv apps.  I figured I would get one cable for each tv just to be safe just in case.  I was bought this Monoprice 8k cable but then saw this Amazon Basics 8k cable.  The description of the Amazon cable isn't as in depth as the Monoprice but in comparing each cable they're essentially the same except for the cord casing.  8k@60Hz, 48Gbps, HDR, Amazon is ARC Monoprice is eARC.

I don't plan on returning the Monoprice just to save $4 with the Amazon but for future reference if anything were to come up, are these Amazon cables any good?

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Hello gamers.  My question isn't necessarily gaming related but I figure you guys are among the best to know and I didn't wanna waste a new thread on what I assume would be a simple question for you guys to answer.

I'm upgrading my HDMI cables and usually buy from Monoprice.  In all honesty I really don't even need cables as we stream everything through fire sticks or the built in tv apps.  I figured I would get one cable for each tv just to be safe just in case.  I was bought this Monoprice 8k cable but then saw this Amazon Basics 8k cable.  The description of the Amazon cable isn't as in depth as the Monoprice but in comparing each cable they're essentially the same except for the cord casing.  8k@60Hz, 48Gbps, HDR, Amazon is ARC Monoprice is eARC.

I don't plan on returning the Monoprice just to save $4 with the Amazon but for future reference if anything were to come up, are these Amazon cables any good?

I have not used the 8K cables before, but I have used Amazonbasic's HDMI cables before and had no complaints. Usually it's just a generic made by a third party. For most things, the differences will not be noticeable. Can't say for 8K, but it's not like anything is actually streaming or being sent out in 8K anyway.

16 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

I have not used the 8K cables before, but I have used Amazonbasic's HDMI cables before and had no complaints. Usually it's just a generic made by a third party. For most things, the differences will not be noticeable. Can't say for 8K, but it's not like anything is actually streaming or being sent out in 8K anyway.

Yea I just figured get it and probably won't ever need to buy another cable again.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Pete said:

So out of nowhere my TV is now saying to experience high quality video, I need a new cable... Happened out of nowhere after about a month. 

I just grabbed the 4K cable from Amazon, so I hope it works.

Clarity should be a lot better!  When I switched out and upgraded my old shit, it was day and night!!

Enjoy the 4K!! 

• TroCheckmark 1