• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

32 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

LOL That looks interesting.

I'm also very excited for the Cyberpunk expansion! What a turnaround that game has had after a very rough beginning. It's basically going to make the game a whole new game and experience. I read that file size for it is 70GB!

I'm trying to decide if I finish the main story now and then play again with a different build in the new iteration, or if I just pick up where I left off with the new features

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I'm trying to decide if I finish the main story now and then play again with a different build in the new iteration, or if I just pick up where I left off with the new features

I am still quite early in my initial playthrough. I stopped playing for awhile because they kept releasing new updates and then I got distracted with other games and never went back to it. lol I'll pick it up again soon though. Even if I don't beat it in time for the expansion, at the very least I'll be quite deep in my current build.

I'm going to curb my hype for the Cyberpunk expansion considering what we saw from the base game. I really enjoyed the main game, but it clearly didn't meet expectations.

Reading some of the previews sites have put up makes me think they didn't learn their lesson the first time around.

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

LOL That looks interesting.

I'm also very excited for the Cyberpunk expansion! What a turnaround that game has had after a very rough beginning. It's basically going to make the game a whole new game and experience. I read that file size for it is 70GB!

Oh wow, that makes sense given the price tag for the DLC ($34.99). Sounds like it's gonna be a brand new map and storyline altogether. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, Sharpshooter said:

I read that it's the best Diablo since the second one, which is great news. I liked the third game just fine, but it really didn't resonate with me as much as the first two games did.

It's excellent - they sort of did what d3 was supposed to be and learned from most of all of their mistakes 

16 hours ago, Valriera said:

It's excellent - they sort of did what d3 was supposed to be and learned from most of all of their mistakes 

Cool. It might be better to wait until more DLC is out before I begin playing, I don't know. What difficulty are you playing on? World Tier 1 (the easiest)?

On 6/27/2023 at 8:21 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Cool. It might be better to wait until more DLC is out before I begin playing, I don't know. What difficulty are you playing on? World Tier 1 (the easiest)?

2 - 1 was too easy imo but my wife was definitely stressed out during boss fights lol. 

If you're into story, definitely wait until more dlc is out, the story is great but unfinished (no spoilers)

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

2 - 1 was too easy imo but my wife was definitely stressed out during boss fights lol. 

If you're into story, definitely wait until more dlc is out, the story is great but unfinished (no spoilers)

Yeah, with the rate the DLC is probably coming, it might be best to wait a year or so at this point. lol

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

It's BG3 until Armored Core 6 at the end of the month for two weeks until Starfield comes out and then Forza in October. It's a good year for games.

we have two, maybe three depending on starfield, game of the century candidates in one year on 3 diff systems. Probably the best year it will ever be for games. 

On 8/4/2023 at 1:12 PM, Cash or Czech said:

It's BG3 until Armored Core 6 at the end of the month for two weeks until Starfield comes out and then Forza in October. It's a good year for games.

Incredible year for games. As far as PC goes, it's hard to decide which I'm more excited for: BG3 or Starfield. Starfield looks like a much better No Man's Sky, but I guess we'll see. I've actually never played an Armored Core game, but AC6 looks really good. It looks like my gaming PC will finally be put to work here soon. lol

There was a rumor that Starfield pre-loading starts today? Can anyone confirm that or not? I'm at work and can't check. I had read today or tomorrow, but again, just a rumor. The game is a month away and they usually don't start that early. It's a huge game, so it would be nice to get it done as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

There was a rumor that Starfield pre-loading starts today? Can anyone confirm that or not? I'm at work and can't check. I had read today or tomorrow, but again, just a rumor. The game is a month away and they usually don't start that early. It's a huge game, so it would be nice to get it done as soon as possible.

Not sure why preloading would be available when the game doesn't come out until September 6th?

4 hours ago, siddious said:

Wow they made another baldurs gate? I still remember playing the first one gOnNa have to check these games out 

Hope you have a big SSD, it's almost mandatory for BG3 and the game is like 123 GB big so you're average PC with SSD partition that runs Windows so it boots faster almost certainly won't have enough space for it.

Have been playing the past few days and it is a bit of a grind due to loading times for all those rendered cut- and dialogue scenes. Still good, will just have to open my PC this weekend and see if I can squeeze an additional SSD in there. Should be worth investing in one, they are becoming standard for gaming fast.

Also I hope you have a tolerance for nudity and gore, the game has both (nudity at least is optional). So far I've seen brains walk around and walked in on a Ogre and her friend having sex in a barn. lol